Some QB Metrics from the 2018 QB Draft

QB #      Started    Wins  Losses   Comp%   4th_Quarter_Comebacks   Game_Winning_Drives   

1             19             8         11           61.7                         3                                    4

2             14            11         3            61.0                         1                                    1

3             16             5         11           58.0                         1                                    1

4             17            10         7            56.4                         5                                    7

5             16             3         13           54.8                         1                                    2

So the guy with the highest completion % has a losing record so far...

QB 2 was considered the worst 'throwing' QB of the draft but has the second highest completion percentage of the Big 5 in 2018 and the most wins.

QBs not numbered 4 have a total of 6 4th quarter comebacks, and 8 game winning drives.

QB 4 has the second worst completion percentage, but has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 7 Game Winning Drives.

Some may say that guy is clutch.

That QB is of course Josh Allen.

QB 1 =  Baker Mayfield

QB 2 = Lamar Jackson

QB 3 = Sam Darnold

QB 4 = Josh Allen

QB 5 = Josh Rosen

If you were down 10 with the 4th quarter to go who would you want to be the QB of your team?

Waaaayyy back after Josh Allen was drafted I looked for a QB, any QB with his college metrics, moxy, athleticism and IQ to JA.

The only QB I could find was Brett Favre. I got roasted pretty hard. I still think the analysis holds true.

Based on college metrics and success Brett Favre was a once in 20 year QB and JA has higher scores in Wonderlic, 40 time etc.

Both of them are gamers, unafraid to make any throw, can get away from trouble, and not daunted being down 2 scores.

They also both made/ will make head scratching terrible throws.

We all remember Brett Favre the HOF and Super Bowl winner. We forget the awful picks and bad games.

That is because despite bad halves, bad picks, or bad games Favre always bounced back. JA is showing the same.

Look at last week, 1st half for JA was a disaster, second half was what 10-11 120 yds 2 TD and 0 turnovers?

JA just gets into a zone at times, and it's great to watch. The rest of the NFL is slow to acknowledge it, but don't let

JA get into a zone. He has done it in multiple games. Funk, funk, funk, EXPLOSION, funk.

We have yet to see a complete game. it is coming. Brees took years to develop, Manning took years to develop, Favre took years to develop.

I love this QB. He hates to lose, he will try any throw, and can get out of trouble if needed.

There will be 'bad Josh' even 10 years from now.

But 'good Josh' is spectacular, and is clutch. 70% of his wins are game winning drives.

Keep a good D around this guy and Buffalo will be in every game he starts for his career.

And yes I still think they should get RB help before the deadline.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

QB #      Started    Wins  Losses   Comp%   4th_Quarter_Comebacks   Game_Winning_Drives   

1             19             8         11           61.7                         3                                    4

2             14            11         3            61.0                         1                                    1

3             16             5         11           58.0                         1                                    1

4             17            10         7            56.4                         5                                    7

5             16             3         13           54.8                         1                                    2

So the guy with the highest completion % has a losing record so far...

QB 2 was considered the worst 'throwing' QB of the draft but has the second highest completion percentage of the Big 5 in 2018.

QBs not numbered 4 have a total of 6 4th quarter comebacks, and 8 game winning drives.

QB 4 has the second worst completion percentage, but has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 7 Game Winning Drives.

Some may say that guy is clutch.

That QB is of course Josh Allen.

QB 1 =  Baker Mayfield

QB 2 = Lamar Jackson

QB 3 = Sam Darnold

QB 4 = Josh Allen

QB 5 = Josh Rosen

If you were down 10 with the 4th quarter to go who would you want to be the QB of your team?

Waaaayyy back after Josh Allen was drafted I looked for a QB, any QB with his college metrics, moxy, athleticism and IQ.

The only QB I could find was Brett Favre. I got roasted pretty hard. I still think the analysis holds true.

Based on college metrics and success Brett Favre was a once in 20 year QB and JA has higher scores in Wonderlic, 40 time etc.

Both of them are gamers, unafraid to make any throw, can get away from trouble, and not daunted being down 2 scores.

They also both made/ will make head scratching terrible throws.

We all remember Brett Favre the HOF and Super Bowl winner. We forget the awful picks and bad games.

That is because despite bad halves, bad picks, or bad games Favre always bounced back. JA is showing the same.

Look at last week, 1st half for JA was a disaster, second half was what 10-11 120 yds 2 TD and 0 turnovers?

JA just gets into a zone at times, and it's great to watch. The rest of the NFL is slow to acknowledge it, but don't let

JA get into a zone. He has done it in multiple games. Funk, funk, funk, EXPLOSION, funk.

We have yet to see a complete game. it is coming. Brees took years to develop, Manning took years to develop, Favre took years to develop.

I love this QB. He hates to lose, he will try any throw, and can get out of trouble if needed.

There will be 'bad Josh' even 10 years from now.

But 'good Josh' is spectacular, and is clutch. 70% of his wins are game winning drives.

Keep a good D around this guy and Buffalo will be in every game he starts for his career.

And yes I still think they should get RB help before the deadline.

People seem to forget Tom Brady was a game manager to begin his career. Lots of wr bubble screens and dink and dunk punt then play defense.

He grew into Tom Terrific after about 4-5 years of starting.

Just be patient with Josh Allen. Let him grow into that franchise QB we all want. Its coming.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

People seem to forget Tom Brady was a game manager to begin his career. Lots of wr bubble screens and dink and dunk punt then play defense.

Just be patient with Josh Allen. Let him grow into that franchise QB we all want. Its coming.

Agree 100%.

Early Drew Brees was ok, but not a game winner. I remember his early career in SD. Looked completely rattled in his first playoff game. SD gave up on him.

JA is a franchise QB. Give it some time. He has 'it'. He is a curve pusher, a multiple sigma stat destroyer.

JA has 10 wins, 7 of them were game winning drives and it's less than 20 games in.

Dude is a gamer and wants to win, and he is all Buffalo.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

We have seen 2 complete games from Allen. The first was against the Vikings last year and the 2nd was his 5 TD game against the Dolphins week 17 last year.

This year, though, we haven't seen a complete game. But he still shows that he's a winner.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Someone wrote it, so must be correct..... Right????

Wrong....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2001.htm

Threw for over 300 in his 3rd start.  By 2002 (one year under his belt) had 3 300 yard game, 28 TD's & 3800 yards passing.....  And the Pats were only 9-7.....

So when you post something, check the stats first.  Also a different game in 2001/02 vs. 2019

BTW Wrong on Brees too...../

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's somewhere between Brady ad Favre, got it. Wow. I'd advise a review of Brady's first 4-5 year stats his; JA isn't close to replicating any of those years if we extrapolate this year to the end. Brady has never had one season with a completion percentage below 60%. He's never had a season where his TF to INT ratio was what close to inverted, like JA's 15:19 through this first 16 starts. 

The constant JA hopes and dreams here are laughable in not only how much people's live revolve around this question but also the lengths they go to try and compare him to Hall of Famers.

Maybe he'll be good. But maybe he'll flame out. But in this pass happy league, he has some of the traits you don't like to see. Bad reads, indecisiveness, lower than average accuracy (I admit it's getting better). 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, zonabb said:

He's somewhere between Brady ad Favre, got it. Wow. I'd advise a review of Brady's first 4-5 year stats his; JA isn't close to replicating any of those years if we extrapolate this year to the end. Brady has never had one season with a completion percentage below 60%. He's never had a season where his TF to INT ratio was what close to inverted, like JA's 15:19 through this first 16 starts. 

The constant JA hopes and dreams here are laughable in not only how much people's live revolve around this question but also the lengths they go to try and compare him to Hall of Famers.

Maybe he'll be good. But maybe he'll flame out. But in this pass happy league, he has some of the traits you don't like to see. Bad reads, indecisiveness, lower than average accuracy (I admit it's getting better). 

I want to believe in Allen & think he has the ability.  The offensive schemes & play calling unfortunately still lacking in my view.  

What we have seen is when the game is on the line in the 4th, he has produced, which tells me the coaching for the majority of the game holds him back.  

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Someone wrote it, so must be correct..... Right????

Wrong....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2001.htm

Threw for over 300 in his 3rd start.  By 2002 (one year under his belt) had 3 300 yard game, 28 TD's & 3800 yards passing.....  And the Pats were only 9-7.....

So when you post something, check the stats first.  Also a different game in 2001/02 vs. 2019

BTW Wrong on Brees too...../

While Brady's completion percentage and INT numbers were better early than Allen's he was definitely talked about as a game manager at the time.

He had 6 games under 200 yards passing his second season.  2 games under 100 his first season.  Even into his 3rd season he had 7 games under 200 yards passing and one under 100.  The difference is Brady's best games were better than we have seen from Allen thus far.  

I am in no way saying Allen is Brady, but it is true that Brady didn't come into the league as a consistently prolific passer.  That came a few years later.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

QB 1 =  Baker Mayfield   -  tried to run away from the cops - idiot 

QB 2 = Lamar Jackson   -  Tyrod 2.0

QB 3 = Sam Darnold   -  Blockhead,  well maybe he was smart to not throw at the combine.  look where it got him. 

QB 4 = Josh Allen  - the Right Josh 

QB 5 = Josh Rosen -  I got nothing but he won't ever get a legit shot at trying to be a starter 

those are the only metrics I know about college ball 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

QB 3 = Sam Darnold   -  Blockhead,  well maybe he was smart to not throw at the combine.  look where it got him. 

QB 5 = Josh Rosen -  I got nothing but he won't ever get a legit shot at trying to be a starter 

Rosen came out firing after the draft like everyone ahead of them made mistakes.  LJ just said I'm happy to be drafted and prepared for football season.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I think Jackson is better than Tyrod.  Jackson doesn't seem to be afraid to pull the trigger like Tyrod was.  Still not entirely sold on Jackson long term, but he's better than Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Buffaloaf said:

While Brady's completion percentage and INT numbers were better early than Allen's he was definitely talked about as a game manager at the time.

He had 6 games under 200 yards passing his second season.  2 games under 100 his first season.  Even into his 3rd season he had 7 games under 200 yards passing and one under 100.  The difference is Brady's best games were better than we have seen from Allen thus far.  

I am in no way saying Allen is Brady, but it is true that Brady didn't come into the league as a consistently prolific passer.  That came a few years later.   

And 5 of the 6 were losses, which meant he did not play well.  The only win was by 10 over Buffalo, where he threw for 183 in December and they were up 17 in the fourth until a late TD with a minute to go.

Again further points out that if he did play better those other 5 games, they may have won.....