DIdnt see it posted after watching game on DVR Christian Wilkins?

At Clemson he was the leader of the locker room.  Guy LOVES winning, and is a great teammate.  I'm not surprised he's frustrated. Little surprised he punched someone though.

Think he might have last lost two games in college.

Guy was such a fan/coaching staff favorite they would put him on the offense for some one yard tds in garbage time.  He definitely wasn't prepared to go 0-forever.

Edited by Steve Billieve

32 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

At Clemson he was the leader of the locker room.  Guy LOVES winning, and is a great teammate.  I'm not surprised he's frustrated. Little surprised he punched someone though.

Think he might have last lost two games in college.

Guy was such a fan/coaching staff favorite they would put him on the offense for some one yard tds in garbage time.  He definitely wasn't prepared to go 0-forever.

I've always found statements like that interesting, especially in the pre draft talk at the combines talking about guys who love to win. Has there ever been players who make it to that high of level of their respective sports who don't like to win? I'm not trying to be snarky but that statement always throws me off.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I've always found statements like that interesting, especially in the pre draft talk at the combines talking about guys who love to win. Has there ever been players who make it to that high of level of their respective sports who don't like to win? I'm not trying to be snarky but that statement always throws me off.

Everyone likes to win, its not just professional sports players .  I think for many competitors fear of losing is a bigger driver than wanting the win. But some players are more invested in getting that win, just like some fans are. When you look at how lots of players carry themselves and even watch their post game press conferences you can see it. 

I would say most players are really concerned performance and how their team performed, might be a little upset if they had an off day even if their team prevailed. Then there are other players who are just happy to get the win, the fact that the other team may have helped them with that win doesn't diminish the joy of getting it.

I don't think Wilkins is the kind that gets driven by a need for perfection, or a fear of losing, he just wants to play and to win.

• Like (+1) 1

Thought it was more of a swipe and not really a punch, but I was happy to see their best DL get ejected no matter the reasoning.

Speaking of Clemson, the shot thrown this weekend by Clemson DB Andrew Booth was way more a punch than Wilkins. Guess that's why Dabo made him take a bus back home!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27890646/clemson-cb-andrew-booth-jr-rides-bus-not-plane-throwing-punch

Wilkins is the kind of guy who might be unhappy losing a preseason game, even if he really played well. Not everyone is like that.  I guess its a bad example but Rex was that way too, more interested in the wins than the details or being made to look foolish.

Edited by Steve Billieve

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Second play I think, but same point.

I suspect Ford did something nasty to him in the middle of the line where it couldn't be seen, but still.

He blocked him through the whistle and finished

Some people get frustrated when they are ragdolled through the whistle

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

Cody Ford may be struggling at RT, but I friggin love his attitude, much needed on the OL.

He had some really good blocks in the Miami game. I don't think he's struggling as much as just finding his way at a new level.