Allen by Quarter Stats

Virgil

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like that the stats say Allen gets better as the game goes on. This could mean Allen and the coaches figure things out as the game goes along. Plus he doesn’t get scared when the game is on the line.

Eh, from the eyeball test, he typically looks the worst to me in the 3rd quarter.   

Offensive players around him usually hurt him in the 1st quarter.  He hurts himself in the 3rd

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Eh, from the eyeball test, he typically looks the worst to me in the 3rd quarter.   

Offensive players around him usually hurt him in the 1st quarter.  He hurts himself in the 3rd

Yeah, that 98 yard drive in the 3rd quarter on Sunday was embarrassing!?

Seriously, though, the third quarter has not typically been that strong for the entire offense, not just Allen. I do feel they will become more consistent as the year goes on.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like that the stats say Allen gets better as the game goes on. This could mean Allen and the coaches figure things out as the game goes along. Plus he doesn’t get scared when the game is on the line.

Well the stats practically say he doesn't do anything at all until the 4th quarter, so yeah, it's hard not to get better than that...

If he's ranked 23rd & 26th in those areas overall, yet #1 overall in the 4th, he'd probably be ranked 35th & 38th overall in those categories if you removed the 4th.

21 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, that 98 yard drive in the 3rd quarter on Sunday was embarrassing!?

Seriously, though, the third quarter has not typically been that strong for the entire offense, not just Allen. I do feel they will become more consistent as the year goes on.

Technically, they didn’t score until the 4th quarter on that drive.  

So apologize for your winky face!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

Mods - feel free to merge this anywhere. 

Basically, if you merge Tyrod in quarters 1-3 and Allen in the 4th, you have the perfect Quarterback ?

Except if you are playing a team that makes Tyrod actually play QB...then you end up with 70 yards passing going into the 4th Quarter and lots of 3 and outs.