Dawkins on Josh ‘Monstar’ Allen

Bakin

1 hour ago, mannc said:

What is a “monstar”?

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

They stole the powers and abilities of great nba players 

Oh. I thought I remember Dawkins saying he liked to watch foreign TV shows and he liked to watch the Korean music show the counterpart to the Monkees.

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

Unfortunately, he has to think enough to remember to DUCK! 

Or he needs to remember to give a nice stiff arm to players face.

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes cheap head shot. Would have been an expensive head shot if he was suspended.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I wish he had been able to finish the Patriots game. Of course, we’ll never know how that might have ended without the cheap head shot! 

It really wasn't a cheap shot.  Definitely helmet to helmet, which was called.  But it was a fast play and multiple angles showed it to be pretty much unavoidable.  He wasn't headhunting, by any means.  Just one of those plays.  But yes ... if Josh stayed in ... we'd have won the game.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It really wasn't a cheap shot.  Definitely helmet to helmet, which was called.  But it was a fast play and multiple angles showed it to be pretty much unavoidable.  He wasn't headhunting, by any means.  Just one of those plays.  But yes ... if Josh stayed in ... we'd have won the game.

I’ll still call it a cheap shot, and he seemed to enjoy it. Could he have NOT gone helmet to helmet? Yes. If he got a flag, it was a cheap shot. 

And yes, I think we had a very good chance in that game, if not for that! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll still call it a cheap shot, and he seemed to enjoy it. Could he have NOT gone helmet to helmet? Yes. If he got a flag, it was a cheap shot. 

And yes, I think we had a very good chance in that game, if not for that! 

I honestly/seriously think the helmet to helmet was unavoidable.  Partially due to Josh lowering his head.  Sometimes it takes two to tango.

35 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Yes. That is widely known

I just imagine that teams have scripts for 4th quarter drives depending on the situation

Admittedly script is probably a poor word choice

Ie they practice these plays more often, and know which series of plays they will go to in the fourth depending on the situation.

IDK but to me this is the most read and react time of the game.  There's nothing comfortable about it, it's when the good QB's emerge and the bad ones falter. 

Just now, Gugny said:

I honestly/seriously think the helmet to helmet was unavoidable.  Partially due to Josh lowering his head.  Sometimes it takes two to tango.

Honestly, I think it ALWAYS takes two to tango. I’ve tried it by myself, and it just feel........... so wrong! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

IDK but to me this is the most read and react time of the game.  There's nothing comfortable about it, it's when the good QB's emerge and the bad ones falter. 

So it's slid deservedly down the back pages of the forum, but I posted some transcript and video of a Top Golf charity thing Fitz and Allen did off season.

Each contestant got 10 swings (Fitz got 11) to rack up points on whatever Top Golf system they use, highest total wins.

What I thought was interesting is what Allen did.  He hit some big shots right out of the gate, overtook everyone else but Fitz.  Then he basically loosened up and started missing his shots until he had three shots left.  Cleaned the first one, got within 7 points.  Muffed the second to last, and brought it home with the final shot.  Now it could have been staged, but there was an analogy to the cycle I've seen in his NFL games so far.  Does well initially, relaxes and takes his foot off the gas a bit,  goes for the throat in the final moments.

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

No, sometimes he goes through them, but very, very often he still just stares down the receiver he wants to throw to from snap to pass.

I had 3 friends from work over yesterday to watch the game. They're all Cowboys fans, but told them I'd make wings. All of them kept pointing that out (and giving me crap for possibly losing to the Dolphins all game). It's pretty obvious and a really bad habit.

But unlike some of his problems, I feel that one is fixable. 

If only he was more like Bortles!

2 hours ago, Bakin said:

Is it just me or is Josh going through his progressions or is he staring down receivers often?

i saw it a bunch of times yesterday. Just not sure if it was me being overly critical or if it’s a thing. 

He's got some work in that area, but there are times when a QB is not going to go thru all his progressions; like the red zone throw to Beasley. You have the defensive look and match-up you are looking for and have practiced against and you know where you are going with the ball.

You still should not stare down that receiver, but its a work in progress.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I wish he had been able to finish the Patriots game. Of course, we’ll never know how that might have ended without the cheap head shot! 

I think Allen would have rallied the Bills against the Pats. Allen has been doing it all year...I do not think it would have mattered who the Bills were playing that day.

4 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I agree ... Ive played sports and watched way more than i played Moochie Norris for the Houston Rockets couldn't shoot well inside the free throw line. But if the shot clock or game clock was running down he was money from inside or beyond the three point line.

Point is some players just perform better in crunch time for whatever reason. Josh Allen is one of those types so far. Jim Kelly and Joe Montana were too.

That is the perfect scouting report on him! I haven't thought of him in years!

8 hours ago, Bakin said:

Is it just me or is Josh going through his progressions or is he staring down receivers often?

i saw it a bunch of times yesterday. Just not sure if it was me being overly critical or if it’s a thing. 

I think he's sizing up if he can throw the ball out of the stadium from where he is on the field.

• Haha (+1) 1