Dawkins on Josh ‘Monstar’ Allen

Bakin

He's not wrong sometimes it does really feel like a switch gets flipped and then he just doesn't miss, felt that way at Wyoming too. That's why in the GDT in second half I thought once Allen was rolling you got to keep letting him go for it when he's hot he's dangerous and you've got to take advantage.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree ... Ive played sports and watched way more than i played Moochie Norris for the Houston Rockets couldn't shoot well inside the free throw line. But if the shot clock or game clock was running down he was money from inside or beyond the three point line.

Point is some players just perform better in crunch time for whatever reason. Josh Allen is one of those types so far. Jim Kelly and Joe Montana were too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Is it just me or is Josh going through his progressions or is he staring down receivers often?

i saw it a bunch of times yesterday. Just not sure if it was me being overly critical or if it’s a thing. 

No, sometimes he goes through them, but very, very often he still just stares down the receiver he wants to throw to from snap to pass.

I had 3 friends from work over yesterday to watch the game. They're all Cowboys fans, but told them I'd make wings. All of them kept pointing that out (and giving me crap for possibly losing to the Dolphins all game). It's pretty obvious and a really bad habit.

But unlike some of his problems, I feel that one is fixable. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I'm guessing one of the reasons he does better in the fourth while behind is that the plays are more "scripted" or practiced throughout the week

Don’t most OCs script the first X number of plays  , ie in the beginning of the game ? 

11 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

No, sometimes he goes through them, but very, very often he still just stares down the receiver he wants to throw to from snap to pass.

I had 3 friends from work over yesterday to watch the game. They're all Cowboys fans, but told them I'd make wings. All of them kept pointing that out (and giving me crap for possibly losing to the Dolphins all game). It's pretty obvious and a really bad habit.

But unlike some of his problems, I feel that one is fixable. 

That was big of you to invite some real "Wyoming" Cowboys over!  Good on you!

• Haha (+1) 1

I honestly believe that it takes Josh 2-3 qtrs. to settle into the game. He usually starts the game all jacked up and gets better as the game moves along. I have all the confidence in the world in the kid.  The first month of this season I referred to JA as a gamer. The kid is learning how to win. Scary part is this offense has only been functioning as a complete unit since early September. We are 5-1 and the offense hasn't even started rolling yet. Once they do figure it out. Watch out NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He would've pulled it off... I have no doubt, when is the last time we can say that?!

I liked our odds, for sure. That alone says we are seeing a change in the landscape of the AFCE. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Don’t most OCs script the first X number of plays  , ie in the beginning of the game ? 

Yes. That is widely known

I just imagine that teams have scripts for 4th quarter drives depending on the situation

Admittedly script is probably a poor word choice

Ie they practice these plays more often, and know which series of plays they will go to in the fourth depending on the situation.