Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Allen definitely has something special about him that I don’t see with Darnold.  Allen just has to clean up some things.  

 

Neither of them has a complete skill set at this point.  Their strengths and weakness are just different.

 

Remains to be seen whether one, both, or neither will develop and how far.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Did Allen have his best game against the Pats? No. But he was not anywhere NEAR this bad. At least Josh kept his team in the game. 

The defense kept them in the game.  You want to argue about which poo sandwich tastes worse go for it. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

That’s what the Pats do to young QB’s. It’s not unique to these two guys. 

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who thinks Allen played this bad against the Pats is delusional. Yeah he played bad but this is a ***** joke. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our game against the patriots, would have been so much more entertaining in primetime. This game was over when the pats scored their first TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BananaB said:

Anyone who thinks Allen played this bad against the Pats is delusional. Yeah he played bad but this is a ***** joke. 

 

Josh had a HORRIBLE first half, but looked mostly good in the second. I always look for progress, and he had it just in the course of that game. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

 

Really?  Hero ball?

 

***** football is ***** football.  Allen looked just as terrible vs the Pats.

Yea, trying to make something out of nothing. You watching Darnold right now?  4 picks and counting 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

That’s what the Pats do to young QB’s. It’s not unique to these two guys. 

to be fair Allen threw a ball into double coverage that was allen looking bad vs Pats defense 

 

The under throw to Zay, who was open for a td was not forced by the Pats defense and then the hero ball on the sideline was again more of an allen trying to make something out of nothing

 

picks are picks but Allen did look better in the second half, darnold has yet to look very good unless you want to give all the PI calls to his credit :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to think Sam has one of the best offensive players in football in the backfield as his safety valve Bills skill talent still is a work in progress 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m all for Tommy taking his lumps. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

That's 100% of what QB's are graded on.

No, it's the team's won/loss record.  Because there's nothing else involved in wins and losses.  It all goes straight from the QB's play to the final score.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

It's the only stat that matters.

dsbjgtkp0r801.jpg

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augie said:

 

Josh had a HORRIBLE first half, but looked mostly good in the second. I always look for progress, and he had it just in the course of that game. 

 

I believe the Bills would have won the game if not for the concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit on Josh.  He and Daboll had started to figure it out.

 

My standard line on that concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit is if that would have been on Brady, the referees would have been authorized to execute the perp immediately by any means necessary.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

 

I believe the Bills would have won the game if not for the concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit on Josh.  He and Daboll had started to figure it out.

 

My standard line on that concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit is if that would have been on Brady, the referees would have been authorized to execute the perp immediately by any means necessary.

 

 

 

I fully believe they have snipers nests in the lights in every stadium around the league for when the Patriots visits for exactly this reason! 

 

I think we may have pulled that game out, and they would go to any measures necessary to prevent that. Legal or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, teef said:

Young qbs are looking like young qbs. I wasn’t always as awesome as I am now. Some things take time 

A longgggg time perhaps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Anyone who thinks Allen played this bad against the Pats is delusional. Yeah he played bad but this is a ***** joke. 


He still played like actual garbage.

Do you and your neighbor argue about who's garbage smells worse, or who's turd was nastier? They both sucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Did Allen have his best game against the Pats? No. But he was not anywhere NEAR this bad. At least Josh kept his team in the game. 

The bills d kept them in the game, not Allen. Some folks seem to take criticism of Allen personally. They both sucked against ne. One more than the other and it still means they both lost. It's way too early to tell who's better. Some have pointed to win-loss record. Maybe Lamar Jackson is better than Darnold and Allen. Just saying.

Edited by Dopey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:


He still played like actual garbage.

Do you and your neighbor argue about who's garbage smells worse, or who's turd was nastier? They both sucked.


So when he plays a good game we don’t need to compare with every other QB who played good. It’s all the same right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The bills d kept them in the game, not Allen. Some folks seem to take criticism of Allen personally. They both sucked against ne. One more than the other and it still means we both lost. It's way too early to tell who's better. Some have pointed to win-loss record. Maybe Lamar Jackson is better than Darnold and Allen. Just saying.

 

Allen helped with that very nice 3rd quarter drive.  He was 6 - 6 for 69 yards then he scored on a 4th down leap into the end zone.  That cut the score to 13 - 10.

 

And while Allen's INT's were bad and represented lost opportunities none of them were in the Pat's red zone nor did any of his INT's give the Pats the ball in our Red Zone.

 

Allen had a poor game against the Pats.  Darnold has had an historically horrific game against the Pats. 

 

 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:


He still played like actual garbage.

Do you and your neighbor argue about who's garbage smells worse, or who's turd was nastier? They both sucked.

Allen was driving the team for what would have been the go ahead score when we was knocked out on a cheap shot.. Darnold still has Laveon Bell and he still has 4 picks and a safety in his pocket  

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...