Allen>>>Darnold

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I saw a lot of posts saying the exact same thing for Allen. Yes he had a bad game against rhe best d in the league. As for the media, they seemed more concerned that Allen was knocked out if the game, not how bad he was.

We score a TD late in the 4th if Allen was still in the game.  I can't confidently say we beat the Pats even if we score the TD there because Brady on game winning drives...we know the story.  But we would have taken the lead 17-16 and that stadium would have been electric.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We score a TD late in the 4th if Allen was still in the game.  I can't confidently say we beat the Pats even if we score the TD there because Brady on game winning drives...we know the story.  But we would have taken the lead 17-16 and that stadium would have been electric.  

My post was more to let joe in winslow know Allen got a pass for playing poorly vs. the pats too. 

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

At this point, i'd rank the 2018 QB draft class like this:

1: Jackson

2: Allen

3: Baker

4: Darnold

5: Rosen

Wonder where Baker will be after playing the pats next week.

Edited by Dopey

These knee jerk reactions have got to stop. Can we please just wait a few years before we start crowning/ condemning these kids. 

All we know, is that Allen has been the right fit for the city of Buffalo and at this point that is all you can ask for. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, HomeTeam said:

These knee jerk reactions have got to stop. Can we please just wait a few years before we start crowning/ condemning these kids. 

All we know, is that Allen has been the right fit for the city of Buffalo and at this point that is all you can ask for. 

I agree with your post but I think all of these guys could have fit Buffalo.  There’s some narrative that Allen is a Buffalo guy more than other QBs. Not really sure why.  

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

At this point, i'd rank the 2018 QB draft class like this:

1: Jackson

2: Allen

3: Baker

4: Darnold

5: Rosen

What are you ranking on? How they have looked just this season that is right I'd say. If you are ranking full body of work since they have been in the league then it is hard to make a production argument for Allen over Baker. Baker has 30Tds and 20Ints, Allen has 17Tds and 19Ints. If you add Allen's rushing touchdowns it is closer but I have always said QB rushing Tds are cherries on top to me. I want to know what they do throwing the ball. Baker throws more Tds, higher %, higher ypa, for more yards a game. Allen's number are better than Baker's this year and that matches the eye test too but I think people are quick to throw out what Baker did as a rookie. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree with your post but I think all of these guys could have fit Buffalo.  There’s some narrative that Allen is a Buffalo guy more than other QBs. Not really sure why.  

I could of seen that with Darnold also. I my opinion, Allen just encompasses the city more since he also was overlooked overlooked growing up. 

Anyways, I'm just optimistic that we have the leadership in place to develop Josh into a franchise winning quarterback. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

What are you ranking on? How they have looked just this season that is right I'd say. If you are ranking full body of work since they have been in the league then it is hard to make a production argument for Allen over Baker. Baker has 30Tds and 20Ints, Allen has 17Tds and 19Ints. If you add Allen's rushing touchdowns it is closer but I have always said QB rushing Tds are cherries on top to me. I want to know what they do throwing the ball. Baker throws more Tds, higher %, higher ypa, for more yards a game. Allen's number are better than Baker's this year and that matches the eye test too but I think people are quick to throw out what Baker did as a rookie. 

I would rank just on  this season. All these guys have had similar number of starts at this point. A few arrows are pointing up, a few have leveled off and a few have disappeared completely 

I'm happy to see our guy trending up. All have flaws however and they will continue to struggle from time to time

I think Darnold will be just fine. Hes good, just had an awful night

3 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I could of seen that with Darnold also. I my opinion, Allen just encompasses the city more since he also was overlooked overlooked growing up. 

Anyways, I'm just optimistic that we have the leadership in place to develop Josh into a franchise winning quarterback. 

Sorry, I’m just nitpicking here but I think Jackson and Mayfield would have embraced Buffalo as well because they are currently playing in similar cities.

and I’m kinda over the whole little old Buffalo mentality. I want us to start thinking we aren’t the underdogs anymore.  Hope this makes sense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sorry, I’m just nitpicking here but I think Jackson and Mayfield would have embraced Buffalo as well because they are currently playing in similar cities.

and I’m kinda over the whole little old Buffalo mentality. I want us to start thinking we aren’t the underdogs anymore.  Hope this makes sense.

I get that. That is a healthy perspective to have. I guess that narrative holds true, because we the fans make it true.  

Why not us!? haha

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That would knock down Jackson a bit too. While he has preformed well at the position, using his legs, since the start of the season his passer rating is on a steady decline. When defenses adjust to his run and take away his outlet TEs, we will see what happens. The Seattle win is nice but he did have the help of 2 pick 6's and I think his real challenges will come with BB/Pats after the bye. He has some tough defenses in the second half of the season:  Patriots, Texans, Rams, Bills and 49ers. So while he may be the media darling at this point, the second half of the season will tell the tale.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

That would knock down Jackson a bit too. While he has preformed well at the position, using his legs, since the start of the season his passer rating is on a steady decline. When defenses adjust to his run and take away his outlet TEs, we will see what happens. The Seattle win is nice but he did have the help of 2 pick 6's and I think his real challenges will come with BB/Pats after the bye. He has some tough defenses in the second half of the season:  Patriots, Texans, Rams, Bills and 49ers. So while he may be the media darling at this point, the second half of the season will tell the tale.

Jackson stat line vs the Seahawks was 9/20 143 yds, 0/0, 1 sack, 116 yards rushing  1 TD and 2 fumbles.

If that was Allens stat line 75% of this board would be calling for his benching and saying Barkley should be the starter going forward. Heck there were some calling for that during the Dolphins first half.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Jackson stat line vs the Seahawks was 9/20 143 yds, 0/0, 1 sack, 116 yards rushing  1 TD and 2 fumbles.

If that was Allens stat line 75% of this board would be calling for his benching and saying Barkley should be the starter going forward. Heck there were some calling for that during the Dolphins first half.  

They won a road game in Seattle against a 5-1 team.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I mean, all he needed was a tweak of his basic throwing motion to make it, you know, NFL ready, but other than that, totally!!! 

Flipboard: QB Josh Rosen logs his best day as a Dolphin as ...

I was so sure he was the "right" Josh...thank god I'm not making these decisions ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I was so sure he was the "right" Josh...thank god I'm not making these decisions ;) 

It's ok, I almost believed Buddy when he said that they were totally comfortable with where they drafted EJ at :rolleyes:, so I'm hardly FO qualified myself. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/65051/why-bills-drafted-ej-manuel-in-first-round

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HomeTeam said:

This is a good post. The problem is that Bills fans (myself included) have knee jerk reactions because the Media has at various times crowned each of the 2018 QB’s god, while determining that Allen is a bust who will never amount to anything. Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson, and Rosen all get the benefit of the doubt and time, Allen gets slammed. 

So it feels good to see the hype machine eat itself. 

It feels good to see Mayfield being a walking piece of *****. (Albeit a small one)

It feels good to see Rosen benched for a mediocre, bipolar QB after being given up on as soon as his team could.

It feels good to see Darnold auditioning for ghostbusters on national tv. 

You’re right that we’re a couple years from knowing the whole story- the big issue is that the media at large has written off Allen, while taking a “wait and see” approach to these other guys who are playing as a whole, worse than Allen.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, pop gun said:

The other 25% would be praising him as our savior just for being involved in the win and arguing how he had several drops from receivers.

• Haha (+1) 1