Allen>>>Darnold

23 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Maybe they all bomb. Maybe they all eventually succeed

Maybe I am jumping the gun here but at this point I am already sold on Allen. He's the real deal. So they can't all bomb. His worst case scenario feels like he is an underwhelming franchise QB like Matt Stafford. Best case scenario, sky is the limit pretty much.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Dang, Darnold has faced 3 defenses this season. Two of them are top of the league defenses. 

Though I agree with OP, I am amazed at how disregard the skill of the Pats' defense is here. It must mean the opposing QB sucks and deserves an "F" grade.

serveimage.gif

BB's defense is making 2d year QBs look bad... So surprising.

This is a bad take. 

Darnold deserved an F tonight. It’s not a pie. The Pats can play well and the QB can get a bad grade. 

1 hour ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I think the point many of us are trying to make, is that when Allen has a bad game, or even makes a bad decision, it's magnified. Right now, it's all about how great the Pat's D is, with Allen, it's how horrible he was against them. And yes, Sam is having the worse game of the 2.

8-24 for 50yds, 4 picks, 1 fumble and 0 Tds.

This is no longer a debate.

Sam Darnold isn’t my QB. The standards are different. 

I think you know that already though...

Listen, this is the best defense Bill's ever had and it's not even close. Belichick has made young qbs look foolish for 18 years. Rodgers, Brees and Mahomes are probably the only 3 that could put a dent into it. I think in the long term Josh will be better than Sam but they'll both be battling in the afce for years to come.

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

While I don't think Darnold is good, did u forget how awful Allen was against the Pats?

Not remotely close to how awful Darnold was against them.

I thought Allen was awful against the Pats even though, truthfully, the team had a good chance to win if he wasn't knocked out of the game.

A new adjective should be invented for Darnold in that game. He was nearly Peterman bad.

And it's kinda funny the excuses being made about him on the post game shows regarding his youth.

We're the same excuses made for Allen a few weeks ago?

• Like (+1) 1

I only saw the first half as I ended up still being up working at 2am last night... I decided not to download the condensed game to watch on the train.... the game was decidedly over by the time I went to bed.

Darnold was atrocious. Allen was terrible against that defense but Darnold was worse. Belichick continues to own young Quarterbacks.

It shouldn't be used as a an opportunity to write off Darnold's career any more than it was a chance to write off Allen's but there is no getting away from how disastrous it was.  

• Like (+1) 1

That was a thrashing. I sort of feel bad for Sam Darnold, he seems like a good kid from a good family. He's really put in a terrible situation, that front office/coaching staff has no business leading a franchise. Their negligence to not upgrade that offensive line is shocking. What did they think would happen?

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How about Josh? He get a pass?

I saw a lot of posts saying the exact same thing for Allen. Yes he had a bad game against the best d in the league. As for the media, they seemed more concerned that Allen was knocked out if the game, not how bad he was.

Edited by Dopey