Allen>>>Darnold

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen helped with that very nice 3rd quarter drive.  He was 6 - 6 for 69 yards then he scored on a 4th down leap into the end zone.  That cut the score to 13 - 10.

And while Allen's INT's were bad and represented lost opportunities none of them were in the Pat's red zone nor did any of his INT's give the Pats the ball in our Red Zone.

Allen had a poor game against the Pats.  Darnold has had an historically horrific game against the Pats. 

The only reason that drive meant anything is because the defense kept it close. Allen tried to give the game away in the 1st half. At least one of Allen's ints. cost us a td. He had Zay wide open for a td. That hurt. A lot. Only having our defense made it a respectable game, not Allen. And I've said before, I like Allen and glad to have him. But it's still too early to say one is better than the other. One sucked more than the other vs. the pats, terrible comparison. Imo.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

The only reason that drive meant anything is because the defense kept it close. Allen tried to give the game away in the 1st half. At least one of Allen's ints. cost us a td. He had Zay wide open for a td. That hurt. A lot. Only having our defense made it a respectable game, not Allen. And I've said before, I like Allen and glad to have him. But it's still too early to say one is better than the other. One sucked more than the other vs. the pats, terrible comparison. Imo.

Are you still trying to say that Allen and Darnold had equally bad games against NE?  Really?

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you still trying to say that Allen and Darnold had equally bad games against NE?  Really?

You obviously didn't read wtf I wrote. One sucked more than the other. Can you guess which? Jeez!.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

That's just dopey.

You obviously didn't read wtf I wrote either. One sucked MORE than the other. Guess which one. 

Good night, guys.

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

all you need to see.

josh allen stats.PNG

sam darnold stats'.PNG

Football is a true team sport .. Archie Manning, Dan Fouts and many others were great QBs hampered by bad organizations. I prefer Josh "not the other" Allen over Darnold, but it is far from a certainty he will be the better QB. By this metric Ws and Ls Lamar Jackson is the best of the QBs last year .. and I just don't see it. Rosen looks shot, but the rest are still up for debate.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I’m so glad we got Josh & not Darnold

I agree.   It's funny, for the entire year before that draft when watching them all play college ball, I thought that Allen would be a disaster and that Darnold was the closest to a sure thing that any QB had been for awhile.    Glad I was wrong. You never know how QB's will turn out.

Edited by dgrochester55

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You obviously didn't read wtf I wrote. One sucked more than the other. Can you guess which? Jeez!.

You obviously didn't read wtf I wrote either. One sucked MORE than the other. Guess which one. 

Good night, guys.

Good night mute dwarf. I just reacted to the other fella's post. Too busy wondering if Darnold's QR will drop below 1 to read the entire thread.

Edited by Dr. Who

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I did read it and it was wrong IMO. 

Equally bad games is what you got out if that?!

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Good night mute dwarf. I just reacted to the other fella's post. Too busy wondering if Darnold's QR will drop below 1 to read the entire thread.

Kisses. A.s.s.

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

While I don't think Darnold is good, did u forget how awful Allen was against the Pats?

But Allen has never been shutout vs the Pats. With Darnold under center the Jets haven’t even scored a TD vs them yet

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

**Not Ian R, but funny

Damn I really don’t know what to say. I root against him because he is a Jet but that kinda hurts me reading that. Either this will break him or make him stronger. It makes me wonder how Allen takes it when he has a bad game.

Edited by Protocal69

8 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

But Allen has never been shutout vs the Pats. With Darnold under center the Jets haven’t even scored a TD vs them yet

Damn I really don’t know what to say. I root against him because he is a Jet but that kinda hurts me reading that. Either this will break him or make him stronger. It makes me wonder how Allen takes it when he has a bad game.

We almost did this to Allen last year with a trash OL and it is criminal for a team to do. QBs stand no chance with no OL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

No crying allowed. Where is Paxton Lynch nowadays!

7 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I think the difference is that Allen was turned down by just about every college and has always been told he sucks, yet he keeps believing.

Has that inner something to tune it out and keep going.

I do feel for this kid, but he needed to learn to just shhhhhh. No excuses when you get beat, just learn from it.

The NYC press is going to be brutal.

• Like (+1) 2

I REALLY don't understand the fascination with comparing Allen to the other 4 2018 first round QB's. What difference does that really make? Maybe they all bomb. Maybe they all eventually succeed

We don't win a prize if Jackson, Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield fail. It means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I look around the league at the great QB's; Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Brady, and Mahomes. They've proven what they're about. I'd like to see Allen reach that level. I have my doubts, but that's the company I want to see the Bills starting QB join. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I REALLY don't understand the fascination with comparing Allen to the other 4 2018 first round QB's. What difference does that really make? Maybe they all bomb. Maybe they all eventually succeed

We don't win a prize if Jackson, Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield fail. It means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I look around the league at the great QB's; Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Brady, and Mahomes. They've proven what they're about. I'd like to see Allen reach that level. I have my doubts, but that's the company I want to see the Bills starting QB join. 

It is because so much fuss was made of the Bills picking Allen and so many comparisons about how he was one of the worst QBs of that 2018 draft class.

The national media taking every op to pump up or excuse the other QBs while throwing constant shade on Allen.

Just yesterday while writing up the Dolphins game the reporter for NFL.com wrote that Allen was exciting and you never know if one of his passes was going to hit his receivers or a fan in the front row....

It is these things that drive the debates and comparisons, but it would be nice if eventually looking back on that 2018 draft class folks talk about it being a good one with Allen in that conversation.

A ways to go before that, but that is my hope.

• Like (+1) 4