Allen>>>Darnold

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s what the Pats do to young QB’s. It’s not unique to these two guys. 

to be fair Allen threw a ball into double coverage that was allen looking bad vs Pats defense 

The under throw to Zay, who was open for a td was not forced by the Pats defense and then the hero ball on the sideline was again more of an allen trying to make something out of nothing

picks are picks but Allen did look better in the second half, darnold has yet to look very good unless you want to give all the PI calls to his credit :)

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's 100% of what QB's are graded on.

No, it's the team's won/loss record.  Because there's nothing else involved in wins and losses.  It all goes straight from the QB's play to the final score.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Josh had a HORRIBLE first half, but looked mostly good in the second. I always look for progress, and he had it just in the course of that game. 

I believe the Bills would have won the game if not for the concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit on Josh.  He and Daboll had started to figure it out.

My standard line on that concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit is if that would have been on Brady, the referees would have been authorized to execute the perp immediately by any means necessary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I believe the Bills would have won the game if not for the concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit on Josh.  He and Daboll had started to figure it out.

My standard line on that concussion protocol causing, illegal "helmet lead" hit is if that would have been on Brady, the referees would have been authorized to execute the perp immediately by any means necessary.

I fully believe they have snipers nests in the lights in every stadium around the league for when the Patriots visits for exactly this reason! 

I think we may have pulled that game out, and they would go to any measures necessary to prevent that. Legal or not. 

13 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Anyone who thinks Allen played this bad against the Pats is delusional. Yeah he played bad but this is a ***** joke. 

He still played like actual garbage.

Do you and your neighbor argue about who's garbage smells worse, or who's turd was nastier? They both sucked.

16 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Did Allen have his best game against the Pats? No. But he was not anywhere NEAR this bad. At least Josh kept his team in the game. 

The bills d kept them in the game, not Allen. Some folks seem to take criticism of Allen personally. They both sucked against ne. One more than the other and it still means they both lost. It's way too early to tell who's better. Some have pointed to win-loss record. Maybe Lamar Jackson is better than Darnold and Allen. Just saying.

Edited by Dopey

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Do you and your neighbor argue about who's garbage smells worse, or who's turd was nastier? They both sucked.

So when he plays a good game we don’t need to compare with every other QB who played good. It’s all the same right?

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The bills d kept them in the game, not Allen. Some folks seem to take criticism of Allen personally. They both sucked against ne. One more than the other and it still means we both lost. It's way too early to tell who's better. Some have pointed to win-loss record. Maybe Lamar Jackson is better than Darnold and Allen. Just saying.

Allen helped with that very nice 3rd quarter drive.  He was 6 - 6 for 69 yards then he scored on a 4th down leap into the end zone.  That cut the score to 13 - 10.

And while Allen's INT's were bad and represented lost opportunities none of them were in the Pat's red zone nor did any of his INT's give the Pats the ball in our Red Zone.

Allen had a poor game against the Pats.  Darnold has had an historically horrific game against the Pats. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Allen was driving the team for what would have been the go ahead score when we was knocked out on a cheap shot.. Darnold still has Laveon Bell and he still has 4 picks and a safety in his pocket  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Dang, Darnold has faced 3 defenses this season. Two of them are top of the league defenses. 

Though I agree with OP, I am amazed at how disregard the skill of the Pats' defense is here. It must mean the opposing QB sucks and deserves an "F" grade.

serveimage.gif

BB's defense is making 2d year QBs look bad... So surprising.

Edited by Paulus

17 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I think the point many of us are trying to make, is that when Allen has a bad game, or even makes a bad decision, it's magnified. Right now, it's all about how great the Pat's D is, with Allen, it's how horrible he was against them. And yes, Sam is having the worse game of the 2.

8-24 for 50yds, 4 picks, 1 fumble and 0 Tds.

This is no longer a debate.

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1