Allen>>>Darnold

Just now, mattynh said:

Neither has “made it”.  Jury is out on both.  You want to point to record as proof you are foolish.   Let’s look again at the end of next year.  Allen was horrendous against the pats also.   How quickly we forget. 

Did Allen have his best game against the Pats? No. But he was not anywhere NEAR this bad. At least Josh kept his team in the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Neither has “made it”.  Jury is out on both.  You want to point to record as proof you are foolish.   Let’s look again at the end of next year.  Allen was horrendous against the pats also.   How quickly we forget. 

The thing I don’t get is media still harps on josh for being inaccurate since he was at college.... Darnold’s main knock in college was too many stupid turnovers and in big situations... yet if you read media reports about him they make it sound like he is a smart and great QB already.

Is it because he spends over half the game throwing 2 yard dump offs? I don’t get it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Did Allen have his best game against the Pats? No. But he was not anywhere NEAR this bad. At least Josh kept his team in the game. 

Ummm, our Defense kept us in that game. Josh kept turning the ball over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Darnold just looks way too conservative. I'm not sure it's his offense but he plays it safe too much. I admit I liked him more than Allen in the draft as I worried about Josh not being able to be as athletic as he was in the NFL as was in college. Yet I was wrong and now am an Allen fan.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Up to this point, Darnold has looked worse. 6-13, 34yds, 2 picks and a fumble. Josh was trying to play too much hero ball. Sam looks more confused than Josh. Let's see how he comes out in the 2nd half.

Really?  Hero ball?

***** football is ***** football.  Allen looked just as terrible vs the Pats.