Game Thread MNF: Patriots at Jets on ESPN

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

Serious question: I know we like to make fun of Gase, but does he have a real medical condition that makes his eyes bulge and dart around like that? 

I mean he doesn't sleep and does bath smelling salts to stay awake that can't be healthy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Pats fans on twitter focusing on “bogus” PI calls  and how sub par the offense was.

Can we at least petition to get a more deserving fan base for a team like that?

Pft.  The refs were terrible.  Everyone knows the Pats don't commit penalties.  Ever. ?

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

According to a lot of verified reporter types on Twitter, that was poor taste on ESPN’s part to air Darnold’s “I’m seeing ghosts” comment. 

What is poor taste to some is comedy gold to others. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the guy upthread had it right.  When he couldn't break him mentally, Belicheck**** simply to break Allen physically.  He can break Darnold mentally, so he did.

I was watching some show on NFL Network that included some ex-players.  They said Belechick and the Patriots confused them and made them have to think so much that they were mentally exhausted after the game.

Sam Darnold: Offense can be unstoppable once everyone’s back

Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2019, 4:42 PM EDT

The Jets offense was as unsightly as an offense could be during quarterback Sam Darnold‘s three-game absence from the lineup, but they were much better against the Cowboys when Darnold returned to action in a Week Six win.

Darnold thinks the arrow is pointing straight up for the unit from here. He shared his bullish opinion about where things are headed this season once the team gets tight end Chris Herndon back from the hamstring injury that’s further delayed his 2019 debut after a four-game suspension.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/sam-darnold-offense-can-be-unstoppable-once-everyones-back/

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Sam Darnold: Offense can be unstoppable once everyone’s back

Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2019, 4:42 PM EDT

The Jets offense was as unsightly as an offense could be during quarterback Sam Darnold‘s three-game absence from the lineup, but they were much better against the Cowboys when Darnold returned to action in a Week Six win.

Darnold thinks the arrow is pointing straight up for the unit from here. He shared his bullish opinion about where things are headed this season once the team gets tight end Chris Herndon back from the hamstring injury that’s further delayed his 2019 debut after a four-game suspension.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/sam-darnold-offense-can-be-unstoppable-once-everyones-back/

That came up in another thread earlier this week.  My take on it was "Shut up, Sam"  Hopefully he'll learn "even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it just kept its mouth shut"

I thought it was especially weak sauce of Darnold to say that he wasn't 100% during his loss to the Bills.  Either you're sick and you shouldn't be playing, or you're well enough to play and it looks small, like you're making excuses for yourself and belittling your opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

11 of 32 for 86 passing yards, 4 ints... 5 turnovers...

The Patriots play the 2-4 Browns next and then the only team that has a real chance to beat them @ Baltimore!  On Nov 3rd.

Dallas, Houston, KC and Buffalo have a solid shot too. 

On a side note the Patriots play the Cowboys at home the week before the Bills play them. 

Edited by Nihilarian