Game Thread MNF: Patriots at Jets on ESPN

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's impossible to tell from this game. 

As someone else said up-thread, Belicheck is noted for his ability to confuse and bemuse young QB and make them look crappy.

I would argue that trading away 3 second round picks to draft this turnover machine instead of staying put and taking Josh Allen was a move that set the Jets back for a decade.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

You're giving Gilmore's play here more credit than he deserves.  Gilmore gave partial effort, drew flags at bad times, didn't tackle, and pointed fingers at his teammates on the field.

Well said. he literally pointed fingers at guys on the field. Remember his “look back” every time he got burned, and then there was a debate over whose fault it was. Glad he is gone. 

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

You won't see them here. But you can believe you'll see them the next time Allen throws a pick. :lol:

Honestly, I put that last one more on the receiver than Darnold, but still... He had another guy open across the middle.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

You're giving Gilmore's play here more credit than he deserves.  Gilmore gave partial effort, drew flags at bad times, didn't tackle, and pointed fingers at his teammates on the field.

Especially in his last season when he knew he was not coming back. Mailed it in, non-process-like.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

I would argue that trading away 3 second round picks to draft this turnover machine instead of staying put and taking Josh Allen was a move that set the Jets back for a decade.

And you may be right.  But JA had a "turnover machine" game against the Jets and against the Pats.  One or two bad games as young QB won't tell the tale for either.

39 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I prefer Allen over Darnold, but for everyone crucifying Darnold, let’s not forget Allen had a pretty similar game against the pats just a few weeks ago.

I think both Darnold and Allen have bright futures, NEs defence is just stupid good this year.

Not really that similar. It wasn’t his best game in the 1st half but i think Allen actually wins the game if he doesn’t get hurt. This is a non contest. Darnold should claim a new illness and take a seat. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Has Tessatore ever seen a good defensive performance before? Doesn't sound like he has. Calm down, you suck at your job person 

They’ve allowed like 1 passing TD to 18 INTs this year. They could play this version of the Jets each week and those numbers would still be insanely impressive.