Game Thread MNF: Patriots at Jets on ESPN

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I was shocked since that was a huge departure for them to offer such a huge contract.   Belichick didn't have luck drafting corners, so he decided to get one from the Bills that had a good track record for drafting that position. 

Getting vet press man corners in free agency isn’t new for the pats...

Revis, Talib to name two

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They saw that he would play for a better team.  I am not shedding a tear for thay guy he gave half the effort here he gave for them.  He didnt want to be here and it showed in his unwillingness to tackle.  Mcdermott wanted guys who wanted to be here Gilmore didnt. 

You're probably right on with this.  It is a sensible take.

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Seriously - what demographic is the Genesis halftime show targeting?   I wouldn't think it would appeal to even 11 year old girls 

ehh, their later stuff (pre-split) is a lot more accessible than the stuff from the 70s.  Although I don’t know any females under the age of 45 who like them.

Edited by RiotAct

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Exactly right.  For a week after the Pats game a small but vocal minority on 2BD hammered away at Allen's terrible INT's against NE.  These people used Allen's bad game against the Pats as an excuse to blast him and validate their belief that he's a bust.  So yea, what's that German word - shreafeandude - or something like that which expresses our sentiments here.

We know that Belichick eats up and spits out young QB's for dinner and we said that in defense of Allen.  Well the same thing applies here.  We know that this doesn't tell us much about whether Darnold will be a good NFL QB or not. 

I will be interested in seeing if Darnold can come out of the locker room and take the Jets on a TD drive hitting on all his passes like Allen did.

never say TBD isn't educational.  I think the word you're looking for schadenfreude

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

They saw that he would play for a better team.  I am not shedding a tear for thay guy he gave half the effort here he gave for them.  He didnt want to be here and it showed in his unwillingness to tackle.  Mcdermott wanted guys who wanted to be here Gilmore didnt. 

He played great football here. He was our best defensive player in a ton of games. He wanted to get payed as a top cb and we weren't gonna pay. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

He played great football here. He was our best defensive player in a ton of games. He wanted to get payed as a top cb and we weren't gonna pay. 

You're giving Gilmore's play here more credit than he deserves.  Gilmore gave partial effort, drew flags at bad times, didn't tackle, and pointed fingers at his teammates on the field.

• Like (+1) 2