Game Thread MNF: Patriots at Jets on ESPN

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think it was about the money.  Pats offered him more than the Bills were going to match.  Gilmore wasn't anywhere near as good here as what he is doing in NE.

And the Bears made a push for him and thought they would get him but the Pats swooped in with the huge contract.

Just now, jkeerie said:

And the Bears made a push for him and thought they would get him but the Pats swooped in with the huge contract.

I thought the Pats were crazy when they decided to pay Gilmore; they obviously saw something in him that could be plugged into their defense and work.

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again, it’s a bit of backlash to the Allen criticism. A right back at you type thing. Fans understand QBs development, and the overreaction to Allen’s struggles by some on the board is the root cause. 

Exactly right.  For a week after the Pats game a small but vocal minority on 2BD hammered away at Allen's terrible INT's against NE.  These people used Allen's bad game against the Pats as an excuse to blast him and validate their belief that he's a bust.  So yea, what's that German word - shreafeandude - or something like that which expresses our sentiments here.

We know that Belichick eats up and spits out young QB's for dinner and we said that in defense of Allen.  Well the same thing applies here.  We know that this doesn't tell us much about whether Darnold will be a good NFL QB or not. 

I will be interested in seeing if Darnold can come out of the locker room and take the Jets on a TD drive hitting on all his passes like Allen did.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1