Meanwhile....Tribisky (sp) is floundering

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I have long been surmising that the QB path we were taking with Josh Allen was one similar with Mitch T. but it looks like he is really struggling right now.......

He have similar traits....he has a strong D backing him up.....they went out and got him FA targets in the offseason....

Thoughts?

Trubisky isn't playing all that bad. 64.4% through five games. Five TDs and 2 INTs. The one thing you don't like is the very low YPA, that's cause for concern, and you'd ideally like to see more TDs, but he's playing OK game-manager ball right now. One problem is that a game manager QB is going to have problems when the run game is 29th at both yards per attempt and yards per game.

The whole offense has been pretty bad.

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

The point is, you’re just posting a screen shot of a couple basic stats to show why Mitch Trubisky isn’t “floundering” while discounting the fact that even though he finished with 251 yards, going into the fourth quarter he was essentially 50% completion, for 85 yards, getting blown out. Then post a pic of his stats that shows he threw for 250 to prove your point. 

The point is, sure he can throw for 150 garbage yards in a blowout. That does not make him good. If you actually watched the game instead of the box score, you’d know.

its the same as the people that looked at the box score and the “stats” after the Bills-Jets week 1 game and said, “SEE! I told you Josh Allen is inaccurate and can’t do this and that, blah blah, and Darnold is better.” But if they’d watched the game they’d have seen a QB in Josh that had total command and moved his team up and down the field and had a couple of fluky-type turnovers, and a QB in Darnold that didn’t do a damn thing with three gift turnovers.

Stats don’t matter unless you’re playing fantasy football. The eye test matters.

The eye test matters mostly to the owner of the eyes.

What you see is your perception of what happens, it's not a fact. Which is why you can get two guys standing opposite of each other saying, "You didn't watch the games. He rocks." "No, YOU didn't watch the games. He sucks."

As an example, you say the Bills had "fluky turnovers" in the Jets game by your eye test, but it's just as reasonable to say Allen had bad execution on those plays, botching a snap, throwing low and hard to Beasley when he didn't have to, holding the ball for too long on the sack fumble. And I'd argue that saying he was "in total command" says more about you and your state of mind than it does about Allen. He was inconsistent. Had some nice moments, but also some bad ones, and the Bills were very lucky the Jets gave up four points on a missed extra point and a missed field goal in a one-point Bills win. I liked how Allen played at the end, but that he was NOT "in total command."

And stats do matter. They are a reflection of what happens on the field. Do they give the whole picture? No, but they tell a lot. Plenty of Bills fans thought that "the eye test" had clearly shown them that Tyrod and Trent Edwards were going to be franchise QBs.One guy on here felt that "the eye test" told him that Tyrod was "near-elite," at one point and a clear franchise QB through most of his tenure here.

In any case, Trubisky is still a young player. This is his third year. He could easily improve, especially if they put better players around him on offense. Of course, he also might not.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Bob in NoCal said:

I’m thinking John doesn’t put too much value on spelling, and that’s fine with me. The point is he started an interesting discussion, And regarding Trubisky,  having watched him several times, gosh, can’t believe it but I agree with Weo:   He’s a bum. 

yas seper exctiging converzasion.  Im glad you found someone to agree with on basically nothing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I have long been surmising that the QB path we were taking with Josh Allen was one similar with Mitch T. but it looks like he is really struggling right now.......

He have similar traits....he has a strong D backing him up.....they went out and got him FA targets in the offseason....

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that I'm surprised you created this thread. It's a good one, but it is a bit concerning considering the accuracy of your comparison. Allen is quite a bit like Trubisky

The key positive difference is that Allen can run. Trubisky is "mobile" enough, but he doesn't have the intangibles or escapablity JA possesses. So there's less of a chance of Allen COMPLETELY bombing because if he's way off, he can find a way by tucking and running.

BUT. That is not a sustainable formula for success. Allen has to improve his read/react/recognition/touch if he's going to truly succeed. We'll see.

Not a fan of MITCH. At all. It would be a shame if he outlasts Nagy because Nagy is a terrific coach saddled with a trash QB.

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Whatever happened to the poster RyanLBillz???  He was dripping with Trubisky.

He was a tiresome crusader...wanted the Bills to trade their entire draft for Trubisky...I suspect he’s still here, posting under a new handle.

Edited by mannc
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Exactly. Is he really playing that bad? Seems about middle of the pack to me...

tenor.gif

Ok, just for starters, can you even tell if a QB won the freaking game he was supposed to win just looking at those numbers.

Edited by WideNine

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Thoughts?

Allen is a WAY better prospect than Tribulation.

Allen was the most raw prospect coming out and he has made huge strides since his college days. We are lucky to have him and i believe someday he will he elite, its just going to take time.