Meanwhile....Tribisky (sp) is floundering

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL he was 14/27 for 84 yards down like 19 pts with 12 mins remaining against the Saints. Everything about that stat line is garbage time vs prevent. Stat sheet analysis lmao

That's because you guys don't watch other games, apparently.

Hmm, I do, but I think the one Bears game I watched part of it was Daniels at QB. I will say, when watching other games I have only a fleeting interest.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm NOT here to deny the "back 'n forth....two 'n for...opinion vs opinion" stuff...ONLY way this place can work if everything is done with civility......this is and will ALWAYS be a posting faction that no matter what Bflo does, "they effed up".......Mahomes was an "Air Raid product" with many saying a leper like "Air Raid product NEVER makes it in the NFL"....kid has proven the naysayers wrong as is an exciting lad to watch......Bears jumped to #3 to grab Mitch.....ebbs and flows, up and down and currently down......Lamar was some TBD posters' choice at #12......so far so good, a RB in QB shoes...long term?....who knows......I can keep going but there is a faction of TBD or elsewhere posters who will ALWAYS rag on OBD choices......HINT: Josh Allen...........oh wait..........if I am a collegian, draft me to walk down your "welcome(COUGH) red carpet"...........

Have you ever talked football at a large family gathering?  jeez...

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL he was 14/27 for 84 yards down like 19 pts with 12 mins remaining against the Saints. Everything about that stat line is garbage time vs prevent. Stat sheet analysis lmao

That's because you guys don't watch other games, apparently.

Yeah, QB's have bad games. Nothing new. Doesn't mean you judge their entire career based on one game.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I have long been surmising that the QB path we were taking with Josh Allen was one similar with Mitch T. but it looks like he is really struggling right now.......

He have similar traits....he has a strong D backing him up.....they went out and got him FA targets in the offseason....

Thoughts?

I said it before he was drafted: I wouldn't touch a one-year starter QB with a ten-foot pole. Especially one with no other outstanding traits like size, arm strength or speed.  The fact that the Bears 1) picked him, 2) paid a ransom to needlessly trade from 2 to 1 to pick him, and 3) passed on two far more talented quarterbacks, will go down to one of the all-time draft blunders.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

You can go over it a million more times if you want. It's not true.

QB stats absolutely tell you a lot about a QB. They don't tell you everything, of course, but they do tell you a lot.

The point is, you’re just posting a screen shot of a couple basic stats to show why Mitch Trubisky isn’t “floundering” while discounting the fact that even though he finished with 251 yards, going into the fourth quarter he was essentially 50% completion, for 85 yards, getting blown out. Then post a pic of his stats that shows he threw for 250 to prove your point. 

The point is, sure he can throw for 150 garbage yards in a blowout. That does not make him good. If you actually watched the game instead of the box score, you’d know.

its the same as the people that looked at the box score and the “stats” after the Bills-Jets week 1 game and said, “SEE! I told you Josh Allen is inaccurate and can’t do this and that, blah blah, and Darnold is better.” But if they’d watched the game they’d have seen a QB in Josh that had total command and moved his team up and down the field and had a couple of fluky-type turnovers, and a QB in Darnold that didn’t do a damn thing with three gift turnovers.

Stats don’t matter unless you’re playing fantasy football. The eye test matters.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

You do realize that looking at stats tells you basically nothing about a quarterback's play, right?

I feel like we've been over this on this board no less than 1034732514 times. 

forget the stats then....watch him play.

He's a bum.

51 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I imagine you used a computer to post this so you couldn’t look up his name? 

I’m thinking John doesn’t put too much value on spelling, and that’s fine with me. The point is he started an interesting discussion, And regarding Trubisky,  having watched him several times, gosh, can’t believe it but I agree with Weo:   He’s a bum. 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Can't count the game against the Vikings. He left with an injury.

Fair enough but as others have eludes he's being outplayed by 2 others in his draft class. Granted I don't think anyone would have predicted Mahomess but passing on Watson looks foolish.