Meanwhile....Tribisky (sp) is floundering

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I have long been surmising that the QB path we were taking with Josh Allen was one similar with Mitch T. but it looks like he is really struggling right now.......

He have similar traits....he has a strong D backing him up.....they went out and got him FA targets in the offseason....

Thoughts?

I think the approach roster-wise is very similar. but schematically I disagree. it feels to me the bills are trying to develop Allen in a big boy offense while I think nagy gadgeted and tricked people enough scheme-wise to make trubisky look proficient. I think the league has caught up with it.

this is my simple "fan" explanation. i'm sure theres much deeper issues. 

• Like (+1) 6

I scratch my head with Daboll's play calling sometimes, but we should like the progress of Allen as an NFL QB, given his circumstances leading up to the draft and what he has had to work with as a professional, but...............

Trubisky on the other hand..................

as Dick Enberg once coined this phrase..................... "Oh Myyyyyyyyyy"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I scratch my head with Daboll's play calling sometimes, but we should like the progress of Allen as an NFL QB, given his circumstances leading up to the draft and what he has had to work with as a professional, but...............

Trubisky on the other hand..................

as Dick Enberg once coined this phrase..................... "Oh Myyyyyyyyyy"

...  RIP Dick......how come in Bflo fandom the "grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side" and how bad we effed up our picks principally with QB's?...hell I'd stay in school and get my PhD versus coming here and facing THIS expert (gauntlet)...SMH.....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...  RIP Dick......how come in Bflo fandom the "grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side" and how bad we effed up our picks principally with QB's?...hell I'd stay in school and get my PhD versus coming here and facing THIS expert (gauntlet)...SMH.....

The back and forth is ok. That's why we come on this board.

I think we are more interested in looking for posts that we disagree with than we agree with. Makes it fun.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

What makes you say he is floundering?

Mitch Trubisky stats:

image.thumb.png.f0a99282321dfe95b69e4d584577332f.png

Seem like average QBing to me.

He had 84 yards going into the 4th quarter vs. the Saints. Dude never throws the ball further than 2 yards down field. 

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Mitch Trubisky stats:

You do realize that looking at stats tells you basically nothing about a quarterback's play, right?

I feel like we've been over this on this board no less than 1034732514 times. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

You do realize that looking at stats tells you basically nothing about a quarterback's play, right?

I feel like we've been over this on this board no less than 1034732514 times. 

You can go over it a million more times if you want. It's not true.

QB stats absolutely tell you a lot about a QB. They don't tell you everything, of course, but they do tell you a lot.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The back and forth is ok. That's why we come on this board.

I think we are more interested in looking for posts that we disagree with than we agree with. Makes it fun.

...I'm NOT here to deny the "back 'n forth....two 'n for...opinion vs opinion" stuff...ONLY way this place can work if everything is done with civility......this is and will ALWAYS be a posting faction that no matter what Bflo does, "they effed up".......Mahomes was an "Air Raid product" with many saying a leper like "Air Raid product NEVER makes it in the NFL"....kid has proven the naysayers wrong as is an exciting lad to watch......Bears jumped to #3 to grab Mitch.....ebbs and flows, up and down and currently down......Lamar was some TBD posters' choice at #12......so far so good, a RB in QB shoes...long term?....who knows......I can keep going but there is a faction of TBD or elsewhere posters who will ALWAYS rag on OBD choices......HINT: Josh Allen...........oh wait..........if I am a collegian, draft me to walk down your "welcome(COUGH) red carpet"...........

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have long been surmising that the QB path we were taking with Josh Allen was one similar with Mitch T. but it looks like he is really struggling right now.......

He have similar traits....he has a strong D backing him up.....they went out and got him FA targets in the offseason....

Thoughts?

Josh Allen is a winner and regardless of his stats figures out a way to win especially in the 4th quarter...Trubisky not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

Mitch Trubisky stats:

LOL he was 14/27 for 84 yards down like 19 pts with 12 mins remaining against the Saints. Everything about that stat line is garbage time vs prevent. Stat sheet analysis lmao

13 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I'm not seeing how he's worse than Allen just by looking at those numbers, they look quite similar.

That's because you guys don't watch other games, apparently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I'm not seeing how he's worse than Allen just by looking at those numbers, they look quite similar.

right.... and if allen has this sort of production consistently at start #31 we need to be a bit concerned.

plus the box scores for either player aren't showing the whole story or the manner in which its getting done.

Edited by Stank_Nasty