Dolphins player spit in Bills fan's face after the game

CLTbills

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27896856/dolphins-punish-bobby-mccain-incident-bills-fans

Another 28-year-old fan, who said he defended the boy to McCain, told the News that McCain spit in his face after the game.

"I haven't even said a word to him. He runs right up to me and spits in my face and then runs down the tunnel," the fan, Dylan Wentland, told the newspaper. "I mean literally wound up, hocked and just spit right in my face while I'm standing there."

It's not necessarily Bobby Cox running out of the tunnel with the "one finger salute" held high, but damn. I'd have jumped the hell out of my seat if he did that to me.

Edited by CLTbills

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

I guess it's a good lesson to the kid on what happens when he acts like a punk towards an adult.

True, but you don't behave like that when you're a professional. Additionally, it was a 13 year old kid. Kids say stupid things all the time. I mean come on man!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I guess it's a good lesson to the kid on what happens when he acts like a punk towards an adult.

Yeah, sorry, but I'm gonna go with "you're wrong" on that one.......

I hope you're not justifying a grown-ass man threatening a thirteen-year-old when the kid is just a fan at a game. Trash talk is part of pro sports. Guys a grownup, and a "professional" football player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

what a completely stupid thing to say. how would you like to be spit on?

I mean, I think YOU are irrelevant so...

Edited by BuffAlone

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

True, but you don't behave like that when you're a professional. Additionally, it was a 13 year old kid. Kids say stupid things all the time. I mean come on man!

I'm not defending the Dolphin player. Just pointing out the kid got a life lesson. Next time he might get his ass kicked or something, maybe he'll think twice now.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1995/12/28/in-buffalo-miamis-cox-is-one-foul-fish/01c16e51-ebd0-4591-bc4f-de20486b34cf/

December, 1995:

"Weinstein is the Miami Dolphins' longtime director of security. His main mission this weekend is to safeguard Brian Cox from the same Buffalo Bills fans he taunted and spat at after being ejected two weeks ago in a heated game between these two longtime antagonists. Cox was fined $17,500 by the NFL for fighting running back Carwell Gardner that day (Gardner got nailed for $13,500)."

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not defending the Dolphin player. Just pointing out the kid got a life lesson. Next time he might get his ass kicked or something, maybe he'll think twice now.

If the kid was out vandalizing something, or physically doing something, I MAY agree with you. The kid was, at worst, trash talking. 

Welcome to pro sports.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

This is your best troll yet but the irony of it all is just pure gold.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Who DOES behave like that? I mean....how did you grow up, what happened in your life to think that this was OK. It’s not being a professional, it’s being a decent human being. Period. I don’t care what ANYBODY said, THAT is just horrible! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe be more respectful to adults if you don't want to be spat upon?

I've been PLENTY disrespectful to adults in my younger years. never been spit on. thats more childish, and disgusting, than a 13 year old's words...  

• Thank you (+1) 2

how about the player acts like a professional instead of some kind of scumbag. you say you're not defending the player yet make it more like the kid should learn a lesson from it. 

these players are supposed to set examples to kids not the other way around.

• Like (+1) 1