Rolling Stone Top 100 Singers of All Time

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Steve Perry at #76?

That's ridiculously low, and I don't even like Steve Perry.

And Paul Rodgers over Roger Daltrey is just obscene.  Was this article written by a deaf person?  

often preferred Pete's demos over Daltrey.

18 minutes ago, snafu said:

This list is so weird it is hard to begin.

I guess I’ll just say this is highly subjective, and I disagree with their results.

you know what you know, and that is the correct answer

I'm a huge fan of Elton John. Paid an obscene amount of money to sit in the nosebleeds. Went to the Rocketman movie two weeks before it came out. I've even argued that he's a better songwriter than any of the Beatles. That said, it's his piano playing, songwriting, and showmanship that helped launch him to fame. His voice isn't terrible, but by his own admission is mediocre at best. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm a huge fan of Elton John. Paid an obscene amount of money to sit in the nosebleeds. Went to the Rocketman movie two weeks before it came out. I've even argued that he's a better songwriter than any of the Beatles. That said, it's his piano playing, songwriting, and showmanship that helped launch him to fame. His voice isn't terrible, but by his own admission is mediocre at best. 

Joe, he didn't write the lyrics....

I was outside grilling burgers and sausage etc. and had Katy Lied on youtube. How Fagen didn't make this "list" is beyond me... not so much now but back in the heyday he had a fantastic voice, Very versatile.