Rolling Stone Top 100 Singers of All Time

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Dylan is a great songwriterHe is not a good singer.  

He is on Desire and Blood on the Tracks... but for the most part he is what he is, like you said, a great songwriter. I think we all became so familiar with the sound of his voice that it was ok... I could say that that's where I'm at.

Lay Lady Lay is also pretty good as far as a pop single goes.

59 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Dylan is a great songwriter.  He is not a good singer.  

Exactly...I feel similarly about Hendrix. Great musician, top guitarist, below average singer.  

Honestly, you have to include Toots Hibbert if you're going to have Bob Marley in there. And no Brad Nowell, ok fine but that is RS showing their musical snobbery. Sublime wasn't a great band but he had a ton of vocal talent.

15 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I can't argue with Stevie Wonder in the top 10. I mean, what would the history of music be without such timeless classics as "Part-time Lover" and "I Just Called to Say I Love You?" Lest I forget the masterpiece that is "Jungle Fever."

or my favorite...

37 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I can't argue with Stevie Wonder in the top 10. I mean, what would the history of music be without such timeless classics as "Part-time Lover" and "I Just Called to Say I Love You?" Lest I forget the masterpiece that is "Jungle Fever."

When I got engaged, my fiancé (now my wife of 34 years) signed us up for dance lessons so that we would look good when we danced at our wedding. Little known fact: “l Just Called to Say I Love You” is in 3/4 time, so you can waltz to it. 

5 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

When I got engaged, my fiancé (now my wife of 34 years) signed us up for dance lessons so that we would look good when we danced at our wedding. Little known fact: “l Just Called to Say I Love You” is in 3/4 time, so you can waltz to it. 

i'd dispute that as it's clearly in 4/4, but i guess you can waltz to it...

this is in 3/4.... and would be a great waltz tune...

• Like (+1) 1