John Brown is playing like a #1 WR

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, MR8 said:

Hmmmm....

Giants signed LB Deone Bucannon.

The 2014 first-round bust was waived by the Bucs 13 days ago. In theory, 27-year-old Bucannon brings versatility to a defense. In reality, he will probably begin as a healthy scratch and is unlikely to make it more than a few weeks in the Big Apple.

Oct 22, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

The Giants are barely an NFL team. 

2 hours ago, MR8 said:

Hmmmm....

Giants signed LB Deone Bucannon.

The 2014 first-round bust was waived by the Bucs 13 days ago. In theory, 27-year-old Bucannon brings versatility to a defense. In reality, he will probably begin as a healthy scratch and is unlikely to make it more than a few weeks in the Big Apple.

Oct 22, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

Who?

On 10/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, John from Riverside said:

Just imagine how good John Brown would be if there was a big fast can separate AND Catch guy across from him?  

To me these there the things needed to get this O into the top 10

OL Cohesion

One more legit pass threat

Who is that across from Michael Thomas?

On 10/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, SirAndrew said:

The day of a big dominant play making number one WR being a necessity is over. There’s a variety of ways to put points on the board these days, and having a guy like Brown as the number one is more than good enough. With that said, the most important element in a modern offense is having more than one guy who can step up. Moving forward it’s going to be crucial for guys behind Brown and Beasley to make plays. 

I agree- I would rather have 3 WR that are in the second tier than a top WR and a bunch of scrubs. I right now can not think of a top WR who is dominant right now and the reason his team is winning- (possibly Michael Thomas)

• Like (+1) 1

John Brown is a beast.    My son and his college roommates were big Cards followers during the Carson Palmer greatest show on earth years (brown, boldin, Fitz ) and turned me on to him.  He was injured a bit, but when healthy was the only guy I ever saw who could chase down Palmers long ball.  We will see, but hopefully he will still be fast when Josh's brain catches up to his longball. 

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He leads the team in catches and yards and is on pace for 80 grabs and 1200 yards.

He is definitely our number one receiver, but maybe not in the traditional sense a dominant #1 is often thought of. 

A #1 WR puts up #1 WR numbers.  He's doing that so far.

2 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

during the game Lofton (I think) said Brown needed 3 more yards for some record or something but i couldnt hear it cuz someone in my house was yelling....what did he need 3 more yards for?

A cloud of dust?

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

A #1 WR puts up #1 WR numbers.  He's doing that so far.

Isn’t that what I said? 

I just also threw in that often when ppl think number 1, they want a Julio Jones or Amari Cooper dominating player. He isn’t this threat, but is definitely our number one by far. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Doesn’t match the description.

Plus,  Bridgewater hasn’t been around nearly that long

Brees is in year 19 and Bridgewater is actually in his 6th year as a pro.  

When Allen is in his 6th season maybe he can execute an offense efficiently with just one superstar WR and a dynamic RB like Alvin Kamara.

And I know you don't follow the rest of the league very closely(see your scoffing at Jason Peters being a HOF candidate) but while John Brown is nice.......on par with Michael Thomas he is most certainly not.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

during the game Lofton (I think) said Brown needed 3 more yards for some record or something but i couldnt hear it cuz someone in my house was yelling....what did he need 3 more yards for?

Most receiving yards in first 6 games to start Bills career

It always depends on how you use the phrase. Some people by a #1 mean what is often called "a true #1," generally a top 5 to 10 guy who consistently draws double teams and is obviously among the best in the league.

Brown isn't one of those guys. 

But if you mean a guy who's the best WR on his team and is in the top 32 WRs in the league, he's absolutely doing that. He was an excellent pickup and seems to be among the top 20 or so in the league.

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

It always depends on how you use the phrase. Some people by a #1 mean what is often called "a true #1," generally a top 5 to 10 guy who consistently draws double teams and is obviously among the best in the league.

Brown isn't one of those guys. 

But if you mean a guy who's the best WR on his team and is in the top 32 WRs in the league, he's absolutely doing that. He was an excellent pickup and seems to be among the top 20 or so in the league.

Yeah agree... I’ll take Top 20 in the league the next 3 years at $9Mil a year..

Money well spent if he keeps it up...

On 10/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, Big Blitz said:

We could throw to him every play.  

He needs 12 targets a game and this is on Daboll.

Not a single receiver in the league is getting 12 targets a game, and only four are getting 10 or over.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/targets/wr.php

On a team that is 18th in the league in pass attempts, they're throwing to Brown a lot. We're one of the run-heavier teams in the league (10th highest run:pass percentage) and that will only help Allen.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Brees is in year 19 and Bridgewater is actually in his 6th year as a pro.  

When Allen is in his 6th season maybe he can execute an offense efficiently with just one superstar WR and a dynamic RB like Alvin Kamara.

And I know you don't follow the rest of the league very closely(see your scoffing at Jason Peters being a HOF candidate) but while John Brown is nice.......on par with Michael Thomas he is most certainly not.

yhe other poster wasn’t talking about QB.  He was talking about Brown needing a big fast complimentary WR opposite him on the offense.  I was pointing out Thomas....the OPs comparison....didn’t have one.

ill buy you a ticket to Peters’s induction ceremony.  Until then,  you can watch him flailing away at the Bills front 7 on Sunday