Daboll - Grade Him

ngbills

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Come on!  You pass more effectively when the Defense doesn't assume you won't run the ball.  15 RB carries a game!  That's a joke---even in "a passing league".

Lack of understanding?  You just said "we run the ball well".  Yikes...

Look at the numbers we do. 

My critique here is that fans do not understand OCs beyond run/pass.  What if there are 8 in the box every down, should we still be running the ball. Have you done that analysis? Figured out what percentage of 6/7/8 man boxes the offense has faced? Do you know what audibles were available? What audibles were made? What the reads were? Any of that? You know its the NFL, right? You know that more often than not the team gets more than one call in the huddle, right? 

No. The best you can do is, "he needs to run the ball more!"  You haven't a clue what is going on beyond run/pass ratio. 

Solid analysis. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

Not to hard to gameplan for the bills at this juncture. Play the run shade a safety to Brown keep allen in the pocket and make him make his third and fourth reads.

Looks like Daboll doesnt have confidence in allen to check out of the play yet. The nice thing about this scheme is you can pretty much run any play out of any formation. The concepts stay the same

7 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

My critique here is that fans do not understand OCs beyond run/pass.  What if there are 8 in the box every down, should we still be running the ball. Have you done that analysis? Figured out what percentage of 6/7/8 man boxes the offense has faced? Do you know what audibles were available? What audibles were made? What the reads were? Any of that? You know its the NFL, right? You know that more often than not the team gets more than one call in the huddle, right? 

No. The best you can do is, "he needs to run the ball more!"  You haven't a clue what is going on beyond run/pass ratio. 

Solid analysis. 

Philadelphia started two rookie DTs seeing their first NFL action, ever.

Frank Gore - 9 carries

Devin Singletary - 3 carries

I. McKenzie - INACTIVE

The week prior, we played a horrible Dolphins team who'd been gashed on the perimeters by every opponent leading up to the Bills game.  Daboll chose to NOT exploit that.  At all.

Frank Gore - 11 carries

Devin Singletary - 7 carries

DiMarco - 1 carry

I. McKenzie - 2 receptions

Daboll is misusing players, underutilizing players and failing to take advantage of Bills opponents' weaknesses.

Instead, he tries to "outsmart," them with dumbass calls like QB sweeps and draws.

He's been - and miserably failed at - the OC for three NFL teams prior to being demoted/taking lesser roles until he was inexplicably hired in Buffalo.

He is clearly rigid and arrogant in his approach and refuses to adjust to the strengths of the players who are on the roster.  Instead, he tries to make the players on the roster fit his asinine game plans.

He's like the offensive version of Rex Ryan.

No Bueno.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Philadelphia started two rookie DTs seeing their first NFL action, ever.

Frank Gore - 9 carries

Devin Singletary - 3 carries

I. McKenzie - INACTIVE

The week prior, we played a horrible Dolphins team who'd been gashed on the perimeters by every opponent leading up to the Bills game.  Daboll chose to NOT exploit that.  At all.

Frank Gore - 11 carries

Devin Singletary - 7 carries

DiMarco - 1 carry

I. McKenzie - 2 receptions

Daboll is misusing players, underutilizing players and failing to take advantage of Bills opponents' weaknesses.

Instead, he tries to "outsmart," them with dumbass calls like QB sweeps and draws.

He's been - and miserably failed at - the OC for three NFL teams prior to being demoted/taking lesser roles until he was inexplicably hired in Buffalo.

He is clearly rigid and arrogant in his approach and refuses to adjust to the strengths of the players who are on the roster.  Instead, he tries to make the players on the roster fit his asinine game plans.

He's like the offensive version of Rex Ryan.

No Bueno.

And for those two DTs, this is how they compensated.  9 man boxes. Should they have continued to run into that? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

And for those two DTs, this is how they compensated.  9 man boxes. Should they have continued to run into that? 

You don't run Gore/Singletary a total of 12 times in any game, let alone a game that had hurricane-like weather.  The entire day was nothing but stupid calls.  And it was a major factor in the outcome.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Come on!  You pass more effectively when the Defense doesn't assume you won't run the ball.  15 RB carries a game!  That's a joke---even in "a passing league".

Lack of understanding?  You just said "we run the ball well".  Yikes...

SF last night. They had 31 rushes and the QB threw for over 300 yds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Do you even know how unresponsive that is to what I am saying? 

There are other places to run the ball.  My point is that he abandons the run faster than Chan Gailey used to.  He makes this offense painfully predictable.

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

What do you expect when you are running double TE, RB, FB? As an offense you can influence how many guys the D puts in the box right? Come on now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What do you expect when you are running double TE, RB, FB? As an offense you can influence how many guys the D puts in the box right? Come on now. 

He doesn't understand this.  All he can see is 8-9 men in the box on every play.

36 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Solid analysis. 

The offense can dictate this. The OC job is create the mismatches, the space, etc. In the example you provided - what if the bills send one of the TE wide? Or they send the FB in motion. You have now either removed a defender from the box or you have a guy uncovered. They are not running the ball by choice not because of what the D is doing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

The offense can dictate this. The OC job is create the mismatches, the space, etc. In the example you provided - what if the bills send one of the TE wide? Or they send the FB in motion. You have now either removed a defender from the box or you have a guy uncovered. They are not running the ball by choice not because of what the D is doing. 

The blueprint for messing with Daboll is now stack the box early and watch him abandon the run game. 

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Not against Schwartz. That is what he does: puts extra guys in the box. 

The OCs job is to exploit weaknesses in the defense. In this instance, he does this by NOT running right into a crowded box. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He doesn't understand this.  All he can see is 8-9 men in the box on every play.

If im the d coord. I dont move 8-9 men fronts i make josh beat the D. Josh is so raw that dc's will always be one step ahead.

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The OCs job is to exploit weaknesses in the defense. In this instance, he does this by NOT running right into a crowded box. 

5 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

If im the d coord. I dont move 8-9 men fronts i make josh beat the D. Josh is so raw that dc's will always be one step ahead.

Then you spread the field. Put WR's out there not 3 TE sets. Dont bunch everyone up together. Its really not that challenging. Unless our QB is that bad. 

Unless we are trying to fool them with this absolute nonsense type of play...

22 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

...then why do we?......thought he was supposed to be so innovative and creative.......maybe there is some validity to his ONE year OC stops, except for Cleveland with Mangini (COUGH)......could he be a dead branch on the "Belichick Tree"??.....just askin'....probably always the "personnel's fault".....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...then why do we?......thought he was supposed to be so innovative and creative.......maybe there is some validity to his ONE year OC stops, except for Cleveland with Mangini (COUGH)......could he be a dead branch on the "Belichick Tree"??.....just askin'....probably always the "personnel's fault".....

Daboll's one year stops look valid to me. I would hate to be inside of his head...very creative man, but he confuses the heck out of everybody. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1