Daboll - Grade Him

ngbills

I could have started this same thread after the game against PHI. Can we question his ability now? 

Bills are down 24-13 and recover fumble on PHI 43.Tons of time left, over 4 mins in 3rd. Gore runs for 6 yards. Gore runs for 8 yards to PHI 29.  Daboll calls 4 straight pass plays and Bills turn ball over. Luckily Bills force a 3 and out. Bills still have entire 4th quarter and good field position at own 40. Daboll calls 3 straight pass plays and punts. PHI goes on game ending drive. Regardless Bills get ball 2 more pass plays for 0 yards. Then first run on a 3rd and 23. Next drive 4 pointless pass plays down by a ton. So trailing 24-13 with a ton of football left two run plays for 14 yards followed by 13 pass plays for basically 0 yards....awful terrible dreadful. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/23/2019 at 12:58 PM, GunnerBill said:

I am still not sure Singletary is a big volume guy. 

Im not saying he should be our work horse right away but how does he not get involved early? A few carries or some easy screens to try and get Allen into an rhythm and maybe pick up some yards. 

How do we draft a RB in the 3rd and give him so few touches, sometimes not until the 2nd half?

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Im not saying he should be our work horse right away but how does he not get involved early? A few carries or some easy screens to try and get Allen into an rhythm and maybe pick up some yards. 

How do we draft a RB in the 3rd and give him so few touches, sometimes not until the 2nd half?

Yea I am not sure. I just still worry about running him into the teeth of a defense. I think the Bills like the idea of Gore softening them up first. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am not sure. I just still worry about running him into the teeth of a defense. I think the Bills like the idea of Gore softening them up first. 

Well he did lead the nation is rushing attempts in 2017. Not sure why people think he cant handle a workload. He is 5'7 and 203 vs gore at 5'9 and 212. Not a huge difference. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

I could have started this same thread after the game against PHI. Can we question his ability now? 

Bills are down 24-13 and recover fumble on PHI 43.Tons of time left, over 4 mins in 3rd. Gore runs for 6 yards. Gore runs for 8 yards to PHI 29.  Daboll calls 4 straight pass plays and Bills turn ball over. Luckily Bills force a 3 and out. Bills still have entire 4th quarter and good field position at own 40. Daboll calls 3 straight pass plays and punts. PHI goes on game ending drive. Regardless Bills get ball 2 more pass plays for 0 yards. Then first run on a 3rd and 23. Next drive 4 pointless pass plays down by a ton. So trailing 24-13 with a ton of football left two run plays for 14 yards followed by 13 pass plays for basically 0 yards....awful terrible dreadful. 

But it is all Josh's fault.  He is the problem and has been a huge problem all year.  Josh struggles let him pass more.  The running game is working lets pass more.  Draft a rookie and cut Shady lets not give him many touches.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is the NFL not the FAU schedule. 

fun fact: https://www.google.com/search?q=2017+fau+schedule+football&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB751GB751&oq=2017+fau+schedule+football&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.5768j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11dxb8lsqd;6;/m/012hfxch;dt;fp;1;;

FAU did play Wisconsin that year; they lost 31-14 and he had 17 carries for 68 yards and a TD.

Edited by dave mcbride

C- 

at times the Bills will put together a 10 play drive but then they follow it up with a quarter and a half of nothing  . A lot of it is execution and being to cute with play calls  If Gore is working feed him.  He gets tired give it to the next back.  He needs to remove the endless Allen hard count.  Its clear our O line and Lee Smith are not disciplined enough and we get more false starts plus it allows the D line to time it when Allen is getting the ball with 1 on the clock.