Is this the easiest schedule the Bills ever had?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

I'm worried about Philly, I feel this is a must win for the eagles.

It definitely is a must win for the Eagles. So far the Bills have passed many of the different tests they normally have failed in the past, this is another one of those tests. Facing a team that absolutely needs a win to save their season.  

• Like (+1) 1

There are some tough games coming up starting this week. Regardless of record, Philly, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and the Jets will all be very tough outs. Add to them Dallas, Baltimore and New England and I don’t see a push over schedule at all.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I can’t remember a year where the schedule seemed to be this easy.  I know in 2008 that 5-1 start might have been misleading but the schedule got harder.  

The only sure loss Id say is the Patriots game and the Cowboys game I would lean toward a loss.  All the other games we have as good a shot as the opponent.

I realize any given Sunday anything can happen.  Heck the Dolphins decide to kick a FG in the 3rd qtr yesterday instead of going for the fake we might be having different conversations today.

I mean maybe this what it feels like though to have a solid team?  Though we’ve already faced against two teams without a win.

Bottom line the rest of the schedule the Bills should own 

I thought about this too but honestly if the Bills were to lose games like the Titans, Giants and the Jets which they have done in the past you are looking at a 2-3 Jets team, a 3-4 Giants team and a 4-3 Titans team, not to mention a well played game against the dominant Patriots.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just remember that 14 of the 16 games on the Bills schedule are the same as the Pats, so they have almost as easy a road too.  Granted the two games that differ are much tougher for the Pats, but we can easily be an 11-5 wild card and likely playing Indy or Baltimore again in the playoffs on the road. I'd give the Bills a good shot to win that one too assuming the offense starts to score some more points. 

Likely no matter how well the team does, still a long shot to win the division this seaosn.

12 of the 16 are the same

Edited by Billzgobowlin

Thing is you don't know if the rest of the schedule is going to be "easy".Yeah we have more "bad" teams(as their record would indicate as of right now), but some teams that start off bad will catch fire in mid-late season and be a lot better than they were when the season started.

So IMO there is no telling the way some of these teams that are not playing that great right now may do 3-4 weeks or more from now. Long as the Bills continue to do their part is all that matters and keep stacking up the Ws.

In my recolection, yes.     Certainly the first eight games.

The second half is a bit of a toss up.    The Cowboys seem to be staging a comeback and Pittsburgh is always a hard place to play.    I expect losses to the Browns, Ravens and Pats.  10-6 seems about right. 

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I can’t remember a year where the schedule seemed to be this easy.  I know in 2008 that 5-1 start might have been misleading but the schedule got harder.  

The only sure loss Id say is the Patriots game and the Cowboys game I would lean toward a loss.  All the other games we have as good a shot as the opponent.

The Jet beat the Cowboys, for crying out lout. They suck.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The second half is a bit of a toss up.    The Cowboys seem to be staging a comeback and Pittsburgh is always a hard place to play.    I expect losses to the Browns, Ravens and Pats.  10-6 seems about right. 

The Browns are 2-4. They suck. Faker Playfield sucks,

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What? You expect a loss to the Browns? Lol wow. Okie dokie then, I, however, don't "expect" the Bills to lose to anyone this season. I think they can beat any team. I expect tougher games coming up, but I certainly don't "expect" a loss to the Browns lol

Given their play against the Fins i would say they better get with it ! The Fins were last in every thing in the league & they took the Bills to the wood shed in the first half of what should have been a much easier game than what it started out to be .

Although happy with he Bills record to this point i'm still waiting for the game that shows me they are what they say they are but to this point i haven't seen all of that just yet . The talent i believe is there but they still struggle, the Fins should have been a game that they made a statement & they did in  a way, they're not there yet !

Coaching, scheme & talent are all there i just haven't seen it all come together just yet & even though i really like Allen he hasn't shown me that beyond a shadow of a doubt he's that guy . Yes he's got the tools & i can see his improvement but i guess i'm just wanting to much to soon !!

I hope that he & the team continues to learn from each game going forward & by the end of the season they are hitting on all cylinders ! I believe they will make it to the play offs that being said I hope they beat the Pats next time around that would do a lot for our collective confidence in just how far they have come !!

One thing i will say that i really like is they seem to get things figured out & are a better second half team than they are coming out of the gate & i would rather have them be better in the second half as long as our D continues to play the way they are ...

Go Bills !! 

Edited by T master

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Very true.  Any one of those teams (except for Philly) could be extremely formidable on any given Sunday.   I would put Dallas in that category too.

Did you see the Philly Packers game when Wentz was given time to throw? This is by no means an easy game.

• Like (+1) 1

Our strength of schedule is pretty bad. Our opponents, played and upcoming, have a combined record of 45-76. That's a .372 winning percentage. Take away counting New England's record twice, 31-76. The math says yes, this is turning out to be one of the easiest schedules ever.

The Bills seem to play up or down to their opponents, hence all the tight games. Fact is, they've been winning most of the close games. Philly will be the 2nd best team we've played so far at 3-4. Time to step it up a notch. And get used to more close games.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Im not sure how the rest was, but I recall the last 6 games-ish of the 2004 schedule broke to be this easy.  Right in a row, they played like 4 of the worst 5 teams in the league, followed by the Steelers with 3rd stringers.  I believe Miami was really bad that season too.

I looked that schedule over, particularly those 6 straight we won, and I wouldn’t necessarily say it was quite as easy.  We beat the Seahawks and Rams who were playoff teams and the Bengals who were in the playoff hunt. May not have been juggernauts but I certainly wouldn’t say a cake walk either.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2004.htm

23 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

It is very manageable, but you need the add the Ravens to that list and who knows what Browns team shows up. 

I agree with those two. Don’t count out the Eagles though, it depends which Bills team shows up in that one.

Certainly the Bills have an easier schedule this year. But in the NFL there are rarely any easy games, even against poor opponents.  
I'm not to worried about the Bills defense, they play well most weeks, they kind of looked better against the Patriots than they did the Dolphins. 

The good thing with the offense is they've faced some adversity and were able to overcome it. That should pay off I think.  You get down and then you lose, it becomes oh no, here we go again vs lets get it together and win! 

• Like (+1) 1