Is this the easiest schedule the Bills ever had?

Another Fan

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The Chargers have found new and unbelievable ways to lose each week for 3 years now...it's almost like they have a curse hanging over them or something with the ridiculous new ways they come up with for losing.

There is a definite snakebit quality to the Chargers. Was it 2009 or 2010 when they had the number 1 offense AND number 1 defense and missed the playoffs?

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

This could be a historically easy schedule for the history of the NFL not just Bills. 

I will place a significant bet that when all is said and done and all of the NFL teams' win-loss records are added up that it will be .500.  If this happens, then this season will end in a tie with the previous 50.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I don't recall a season like this where there are so many bad teams.

Agreed.  And they are all taking wins off of each other such that everyone seems to be stockpiling losses.

We also have the almost miraculous loss of Luck and Big Ben in the same year, which removes 2 proven QBs capable of beating us in a quarterbacking duel  in a playoff game.  

It hasn't looked this good in a long time.

As the season progresses, and if it become necessary, I would strongly consider a "win now" move that we otherwise might not consider.  

You have to strike while the iron is hot and right now it is white hot.

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Seems like a natural progression- we get better, other teams get worse in relation to us, our schedule looks better. 

Yeah but it's more than that. 

The AFC in particularly is historically weak right now.

We'll see.   Phins go up 21-9 , not sure Bills make it back.    They were close to losing to the Jets and the Bengals.   Things breaking right for this bunch.   no complaints, but lets just keep winning.   They beat the Eagles, people will start taking notice.   Probably not until then.   Maybe this is the year they go far, simply bc the AFC is beat up or rebuilding.   Could be 6 10 win teams in the NFC.

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Yes, by a long shot. We still get to play Pitt (2-4), Wash (1-6), Miami (0-6), Jets (1-4), Browns (2-4), Broncos (2-5). A combined 8-29 for six upcoming opponents. That's 11 wins. We're the team that gets a solid wild card and then a proven team beats the brakes off us. 

If the season ended today, we would travel to Indy for Round 1 of the playoffs.  Id give us a fighting chance in that matchup.

I know I looked at the schedule and thought that this team better get off to a hot start (I thought they had to be at least 4-2 by the time they play the Eagles) because the schedule was going to get really brutal after they played the trash Fins. I thought the Eagles and Browns (away) games were going to be hard toss up type games. Then after the Broncos game (at home) I thought there was another brutal stretch with the Cowboys (away), Ravens, Steelers (Away) and Patriots (away) before finishing with the Jets at home. 

However the Eagles and Browns are more looking like games where the Bills will be favored couched between heavily favored games against the Fins and Redskins. The Bills even for accounting for a strange upset in those 4 games could easily go 3-1 and sit at 8-2 going into another game where they would be favored in against the Broncos and sit at 9-2 going into a tough stretch where even if they go 1-3 against the Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, and Pats they sit at 10-5 going into a home game against a Jets team that they should be favored against. 

The way I look at it is simply just keep winning one week at a time. The Eagles are not a cake walk even at home. Take this game and you go 6-1 going into a very winnable Redskins game. Hopefully they can just keep piling up wins and hit 9 wins by the time they go into that brutal stretch of 4 games. 

23 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

We'll see.   Phins go up 21-9 , not sure Bills make it back.    They were close to losing to the Jets and the Bengals.   Things breaking right for this bunch.   no complaints, but lets just keep winning.   They beat the Eagles, people will start taking notice.   Probably not until then.   Maybe this is the year they go far, simply bc the AFC is beat up or rebuilding.   Could be 6 10 win teams in the NFC.

This team hasn't dominated anyone besides maybe the Giants. The Titans, Fins, Bengals and Jets games were all games that had things break right. The Jets and Titans kickers wrapped a lot of points for the team that could have been the difference, the Bengals game required a comeback after nearly coughing up the game, and the Fins were a redzone turnover from having a 21-9 lead or at the very least a 17-9 lead half way through the third. 

Granted the teams only loss was by a razor thin margin too. But in the end winning in the NFL is very fragile, good teams win games by thin margins. Great teams dominate teams more consistently than not. I think the Bills are a good team. They are well coached, disciplined, deep, and have elite defensive talent, solid special teams talent and competent offensive talent. 

I have my concerns about the team but the fact act they are well coached leads me to have confidence that they are winning these close games due to their strengths in that department as opposed to dumb luck that can run out. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's tough to say. The entire NFL has been extremely sloppy this season. Even the "Can't miss" teams like the Chiefs, Patriots, Rams, etc don't look like well oiled machines.

In the NFL you rarely have teams that consistently blow out other teams. Winning is usually pretty fragile and you always have the 2 and 2 theory where every team is going to come out flat twice and come out nearly unbeatable twice. I wouldn't say the Bills came out flat Sunday but it wasn't their best effort not a bad effort but a subpar one. 

6 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I'm worried about Philly, I feel this is a must win for the eagles.

Someone's always worried about something around here.

Go back and have a look at the Eagles' season. Come back and tell me what you think of them.

;)

2008  looked weaker going in and was weaker.

This year Bufalo also started 5-1

The played both west divisions and were wak.  They went 7-3 against non division teams. They could have gone 9-1 in those.  Only legit loss was to Kurt Warner led Arizona team.

This season  QB Edwards got his bell wrung in Florida in game 7..

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I can’t remember a year where the schedule seemed to be this easy.  I know in 2008 that 5-1 start might have been misleading but the schedule got harder.  

The only sure loss Id say is the Patriots game and the Cowboys game I would lean toward a loss.  All the other games we have as good a shot as the opponent.

I realize any given Sunday anything can happen.  Heck the Dolphins decide to kick a FG in the 3rd qtr yesterday instead of going for the fake we might be having different conversations today.

I mean maybe this what it feels like though to have a solid team?  Though we’ve already faced against two teams without a win.

Bottom line the rest of the schedule the Bills should own 

Just remember that 14 of the 16 games on the Bills schedule are the same as the Pats, so they have almost as easy a road too.  Granted the two games that differ are much tougher for the Pats, but we can easily be an 11-5 wild card and likely playing Indy or Baltimore again in the playoffs on the road. I'd give the Bills a good shot to win that one too assuming the offense starts to score some more points. 

Likely no matter how well the team does, still a long shot to win the division this seaosn.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch