Is this the easiest schedule the Bills ever had?

Another Fan

I can’t remember a year where the schedule seemed to be this easy.  I know in 2008 that 5-1 start might have been misleading but the schedule got harder.  

The only sure loss Id say is the Patriots game and the Cowboys game I would lean toward a loss.  All the other games we have as good a shot as the opponent.

I realize any given Sunday anything can happen.  Heck the Dolphins decide to kick a FG in the 3rd qtr yesterday instead of going for the fake we might be having different conversations today.

I mean maybe this is what it feels like though to have a solid team though?  On the other hand we’ve already played against two teams without a win.

Bottom line the rest of the schedule the Bills should own 

Edited by Another Fan

Im not sure how the rest was, but I recall the last 6 games-ish of the 2004 schedule broke to be this easy.  Right in a row, they played like 4 of the worst 5 teams in the league, followed by the Steelers with 3rd stringers.  I believe Miami was really bad that season too.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

It may work out that way, but it's also the most divided I can remember seeing the AFC.  The difference between the haves and have nots is huge.  

Plus, we were also a team that found ways to lose games in the past we are now winning.  So, I think they go together a little bit.

You also have Big Ben out, taking the Steelers out of the equation.  Darnold getting mono made half the AFC East a cake walk to start the seasons.  The Chargers found a way to fall off the face of the earth.  

The teams around .500 have just beaten up on the winless teams.

You could say that there's really only 3 solid overall teams in the AFC right now, and that might be overshooting it

• Like (+1) 2

The season Bledsoe lost to Steelers' backups (2004), the second half of the season our schedule had some really bad teams.

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Im not sure how the rest was, but I recall the last 6 games-ish of the 2004 schedule broke to be this easy.  Right in a row, they played like 4 of the worst 5 teams in the league, followed by the Steelers with 3rd stringers.

Ha.  I was typing the same thing when you posted this.

Schedule does have a lot to do with it.  Look at Detroit, they have a decent team this year and 3 close losses, but they have a tough schedule for the most part. 

In AFC,  Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburg, Denver and Chargers were all projected to be better than they have been and Cinci shouldn't be as bad as they are. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I can’t remember a year where the schedule seemed to be this easy.  I know in 2008 that 5-1 start might have been misleading but the schedule got harder.  

The only sure loss Id say is the Patriots game and the Cowboys game I would lean toward a loss.  All the other games we have as good a shot as the opponent.

I realize any given Sunday anything can happen.  Heck the Dolphins decide to kick a FG in the 3rd qtr yesterday instead of going for the fake we might be having different conversations today.

I mean maybe this what it feels like though to have a solid team?  Though we’ve already faced against two teams without a win.

Bottom line the rest of the schedule the Bills should own 

You must have missed the Ravens game yesterday.  If the Bills played Baltimore yesterday, there would be a much different conversation today.

17 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Philly, Cleveland, Baltimore and Pittsburgh games are all so unpredictable.  These teams are so up and down it’s just so hard to predict 

Very true.  Any one of those teams (except for Philly) could be extremely formidable on any given Sunday.   I would put Dallas in that category too.

33 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It may work out that way, but it's also the most divided I can remember seeing the AFC.  The difference between the haves and have nots is huge.  

Plus, we were also a team that found ways to lose games in the past we are now winning.  So, I think they go together a little bit.

You also have Big Ben out, taking the Steelers out of the equation.  Darnold getting mono made half the AFC East a cake walk to start the seasons.  The Chargers found a way to fall off the face of the earth.  

The teams around .500 have just beaten up on the winless teams.

You could say that there's really only 3 solid overall teams in the AFC right now, and that might be overshooting it

The Chargers have found new and unbelievable ways to lose each week for 3 years now...it's almost like they have a curse hanging over them or something with the ridiculous new ways they come up with for losing.