Opposing QBs vs. Miami

wiseman3

14 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Bitching or gushing, it's all fans do really. I guess the only real impactful thing a fan can do is watch football on TV and keep the billions flowing in to the NFL.

So I guess you need to be told this

When you keep harping over the same thing....

over and over and over and over and over

You are basically crusading....when you are doing to negatively....you are trolling

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Miami had the ball for almost 34 minutes.  We had two real possessions in the 2nd half.... two. 

One was a 98 yard drive.  The other was a short field. 

The third drive was 3 runs to make the Dolphins use all their timeouts. 

There was a lot of frustrating parts yesterday but the 10 minute opening in the 2nd half drive was nails on a chalkboard.

I've never seen a defense on the field that long for one drive.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think that we've been on the receiving end of a blowout from a superior team enough that some folks expected us to do that to a Dolphin team that we are frankly better than.

Even the Pats game of old are still usually in the balance at halftime iirc, and I think Fitzpatrick is enough of a wildcard to tip the balance.

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I'm not one to gush, not even over my own accomplishments.  Yes I focus on the negative, but not only Josh's.  How else does one improve? And yes, I know, Allen doesn't care what any of us think good or bad, he's his own worst critic yadda, but fandom is what it is...

Not to complain or pile on, but this makes literally no sense.

I get you do not want to gush and focus only on the negative, but who are you trying to improve?  

You say you realize that Allen does not care what you say - so you are not trying to improve him with your negativity.  The only person you can improve is yourself - so if what you say is true you should really focus on your posts - focus on your negative comments - and then try to improve yourself.

If what you said was total BS and you just enjoy focusing solely on the negative for your own enjoyment - then it makes you more of a troll - rather than a valued member of the community and you should be banned once again in my opinion - the mods can decide that.

In the end - fandom is what it is, but you the fan have the ability to improve and be honest in your opinions - not just negative to push an unknown agenda.

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Most teams stopped throwing after they got a 21 point lead.

Most of those teams built those lead with their rushing attack. We don’t have to back that some of those other teams have. Miami is also a much better team with Fitz and a much better team than the first couple weeks. They had 14 new players week 1 that didn’t know the playbook.

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

I think if you're comfortable with Allen's current performances, you should be comfortable with getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Allen has still got a ways to go for this team to get where all us fans want to go.

Doubt it. Allen plays his best with the game on the line and if he continues that in the playoffs we will win a few if not all of the games. 

3 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

Just to give some context. It baffles me that some people are upset at how Josh played. Do these numbers really seem like QBs have been absolutely lighting up Miami's D? Besides Jackson, these seem pretty comparable. Not to mention some runs Allen had. I don't see anyone criticizing Dak for his worse rating against Miami. People here would explode if Allen threw a pick this game like Dak did

IMG_20191021_113555.jpg

111 passer rating including a few Knox and Beasley drops...

I’m so confounded by the complainers 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

Just to give some context. It baffles me that some people are upset at how Josh played. Do these numbers really seem like QBs have been absolutely lighting up Miami's D? Besides Jackson, these seem pretty comparable. Not to mention some runs Allen had. I don't see anyone criticizing Dak for his worse rating against Miami. People here would explode if Allen threw a pick this game like Dak did

IMG_20191021_113555.jpg

Thanks for posting this. 

The first thing that jumps out to me when you look at the QB Rating is how much improvement you see in the Dolphins pass defense after week 1.  Remember, QB rating is independent of how many passes are thrown. 

In the 1st game the ravens QB's had ratings of 158 & 144!  That was the game Jackson was perfect throwing the ball.  After that game I suspect that Flores, a former NE defensive coordinator, took a direct hand in changing a few things to improve the pass D.  The result was pretty good:

Brady had a rating of 124.7 and then Prescot had a rating of 91.4.  Rivers got to 132.9  but then the next two guys were both rated below 100 (95.8 & 99.7).  Compared to these ratings Allen's rating of 111.4 looks very solid. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So other than relief pitchers Allen threw for fewer yards than all but Case Keenum. #franchise

I mean there are numbers that help put Allen yesterday into context. This is not one of them. 

I think the QB rating is the more useful number here.  The Bills defense allowed the Dolphins to steal at least 3 and maybe 4 possessions from the Bills offense.  In those earlier games you had a Miami offense that was constantly going 3 & out handing the ball back to the opposing offense.  

The two 75 yard TD drives in the first half which gobbled up 12 minutes and that epic 10 minute 73 yard drive in the 3rd are the reasons Allen didn't hit 300 yards yesterday and the Bill's O didn't get into a rhythm until late in the 3rd quarter.

NONE of the other Dolphin games had their offense do that well over such a large part of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Jobot said:

I think if you're comfortable with Allen's current performances, you should be comfortable with getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Allen has still got a ways to go for this team to get where all us fans want to go.

Absolutely correct!  And he has started slightly more than one season worth of games. Time is on our side. We are, as a team, a bit ahead of where I expected to be this year. If he keeps making progress, we can get there. Will that happen? Time will tell, but I’m optimistic. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not to complain or pile on, but this makes literally no sense.

I get you do not want to gush and focus only on the negative, but who are you trying to improve?  

You say you realize that Allen does not care what you say - so you are not trying to improve him with your negativity.  The only person you can improve is yourself - so if what you say is true you should really focus on your posts - focus on your negative comments - and then try to improve yourself.

If what you said was total BS and you just enjoy focusing solely on the negative for your own enjoyment - then it makes you more of a troll - rather than a valued member of the community and you should be banned once again in my opinion - the mods can decide that.

In the end - fandom is what it is, but you the fan have the ability to improve and be honest in your opinions - not just negative to push an unknown agenda.

Banned due to not being a homer, sounds like facism to me, typical of some groups people in the US these days.

And don't pretend that by saying "improve your posts" you're not really saying "you should be more like me", which happens to be another trait of the same groups of people.

I am a fan, I can have whatever outlook I desire, so can you, and we can discuss. That's how public discourse works, unless you're one who does not agree with the principles of freedom of speech.

My take on Allen is that he is not good enough yet to be the franchise QB of a perennial playoff team that makes legitimate runs at championships. There is no deep state "agenda" as much as you want there to be.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine

3 hours ago, Ta111 said:

I’m not sure anyone posted this yet, but not only is Josh one of the highest rated QB’s in the 4th quarter (money time), but he is extremely effective in the red zone and has a 111 rating which second in the league. Again, I’ll take a QB who performs when the game is on the line every time. The kid knows how to win.

And thus the question as to why they can't play similarly for 4 quarters & score points.  

Again the defense is good and I'd claim far from great.

45 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think the QB rating is the more useful number here.  The Bills defense allowed the Dolphins to steal at least 3 and maybe 4 possessions from the Bills offense.  In those earlier games you had a Miami offense that was constantly going 3 & out handing the ball back to the opposing offense.  

The two 75 yard TD drives in the first half which gobbled up 12 minutes and that epic 10 minute 73 yard drive in the 3rd are the reasons Allen didn't hit 300 yards yesterday and the Bill's O didn't get into a rhythm until late in the 3rd quarter.

NONE of the other Dolphin games had their offense do that well over such a large part of the game.

But others will tell you how great the defense is and the O needs only to make no mistakes & score 14-20 points/game.  Miami shredded them.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And thus the question as to why they can't play similarly for 4 quarters & score points.  

Again the defense is good and I'd claim far from great.

But others will tell you how great the defense is and the O needs only to make no mistakes & score 14-20 points/game.  Miami shredded them.

To be fair I think the Bills defense is very good but not quite great.  And it's not because they had an off game against the Dolphins.  Even the most dominating D's have a couple of poor games.  But yesterday was the first time this season that the Bill's D forced a TO that gave us the ball in the opponents red zone.  In fact prior to that forced fumble yesterday I think the Bill's D had only forced a TO on the opponents side of the 50 one other time against Cincinnati.

IMO to be a great D and not just a very good one the Bills need to force more TO's in opponents territory.  They also need to create more 3 & outs when they have a team backed up against their own goal line.  Forcing a punt that gives the O the ball at the opponents 45 is almost as good as a TO.

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Banned due to not being a homer, sounds like facism to me, typical of some groups people in the US these days.

And don't pretend that by saying "improve your posts" you're not really saying "you should be more like me", which happens to be another trait of the same groups of people.

I am a fan, I can have whatever outlook I desire, so can you, and we can discuss. That's how public discourse works, unless you're one who does not agree with the principles of freedom of speech.

My take on Allen is that he is not good enough yet to be the franchise QB of a perennial playoff team that makes legitimate runs at championships. There is no deep state "agenda" as much as you want there to be.

Nice response - take it to PPP.

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

That's where the Allen discussion happens?

Why would you care you have not discussed Allen - just spewed negative garbage to help some learn - I believe that was how you put it.

I could not care less what you post if you are honest because that leads to discussion, but just posting negative because that is how people learn is nothing but trolling and that is against the COC.

Why would I want you to be more like me - what I want is to understand the ridiculous comment stating that you do not post good comments only negative because negativity is how people learn.  Then you follow that up with you know JA doesn’t listen to you - so my question remains who is supposed to learn something through your negative posts?

If you actually engaged and had content and discussion - it would be great, but just being negative as other have said in this and other threads (see spitting thread) is just a crusade to be negative.

If you want to rail against fascism, “groups of people” that are against you, freedom of speech, and “deep state agenda’s” then take that to PPP.

Have Fun