Opposing QBs vs. Miami

wiseman3

Can we kill this thread?

Josh Allen did not have a great game. Our defense did not have a great game. 

The Josh Allen haters are going to hate this game, but I'm sure nobody will say our defense stinks because of this game.

It was a bad game. We won. End of discussion.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

On their final possession, he threw three passes on five plays. One was a deep pass to Burkhead. They were up 37-0. 

Honestly, my first post was mostly joking and I didn't check stats at all. I have since looked it up and the pats, cowboys, and chargers all attempted 5 or 6 passes after gaining a comfortable lead near the end of the 3rd.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Honestly, my first post was mostly joking and I didn't check stats at all. I have since looked it up and the pats, cowboys, and chargers all attempted 5 or 6 passes after gaining a comfortable lead near the end of the 3rd.

I know; I'm mostly kidding about the ridiculousness of the Pats. 

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

No way around it. Allen was disappointing most of the game. Missed wide open guys. Missed at least two deep TD's where guys are wide open. You heard the crowd booing. You saw receivers visibly upset. 

However, most thoughts around here on Allen are like politics. You pick your side and just go along with it regardless of reality. So of course many will say things to justify or excuse. But he needs to get better and against better teams or in the playoffs that is a loss. 

So, two games now where he's been good with his decision making and not turning the ball over.  Knock on wood that continues. 

I'm assuming the crux of your argument, and it's valid, is the deep ball, correct?

If Josh connects on the deep ball to Brown, he's 17/26 for 250+ yards, 3 TD's, 32 yds rushing and 0 TO's.   I'm assuming you'll take that every day of the week.

Edited by SCBills

50 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Not really, I am open to liking Allen as the guy for years to come, but so far I am not satisfied he has all the necessary skills.

How many of your 489 posts repeat this?

Edited by TH3

I think Allen needs to improve and is improving.  I also think he'd be playing a lot differently if the Bills didn't have a strong defense.  As it is, he needs more not to cause a loss than he needs to cause a win.  That's a terrible sentence but there's truth there.  We've seen that when he takes chances, sometimes they don't work out, and when they don't work out, the mistakes always hurt us, really bad.  So the past two games he hasn't taken chances.  On the long balls, he's being conservative by throwing it deep instead of just trying to drop it in. If he misses too long, it's incomplete.  If he misses too short, bad things could happen.

The NFL players and coaches talk about complementary football, and this is that. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think if you're comfortable with Allen's current performances, you should be comfortable with getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Allen has still got a ways to go for this team to get where all us fans want to go.

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

How many of your 489 posts repeat this?

I'm not one to gush, not even over my own accomplishments.  Yes I focus on the negative, but not only Josh's.  How else does one improve? And yes, I know, Allen doesn't care what any of us think good or bad, he's his own worst critic yadda, but fandom is what it is...

17 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I'm not one to gush, not even over my own accomplishments.  Yes I focus on the negative, but not only Josh's.  How else does one improve? And yes, I know, Allen doesn't care what any of us think good or bad, he's his own worst critic yadda, but fandom is what it is...

So let me see if I get this straight....you think that your negative takes in some way are going to have a effect on Josh Allen's performance?

LOLOLOLOLOL

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

So let me see if I get this straight....you think that your negative takes in some way are going to have a effect on Josh Allen's performance?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Reading comprehension, I just said Allen does not care what we think, that includes me.

27 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I think Allen needs to improve and is improving.  I also think he'd be playing a lot differently if the Bills didn't have a strong defense.  As it is, he needs more not to cause a loss than he needs to cause a win.  That's a terrible sentence but there's truth there.  We've seen that when he takes chances, sometimes they don't work out, and when they don't work out, the mistakes always hurt us, really bad.  So the past two games he hasn't taken chances.  On the long balls, he's being conservative by throwing it deep instead of just trying to drop it in. If he misses too long, it's incomplete.  If he misses too short, bad things could happen.

The NFL players and coaches talk about complementary football, and this is that. 

I think one could say if Allen had 1-2 ints the Dolphins could have very well won this game.   Allen played the type of game he needed to win.  

I’m not sure anyone posted this yet, but not only is Josh one of the highest rated QB’s in the 4th quarter (money time), but he is extremely effective in the red zone and has a 111 rating which second in the league. Again, I’ll take a QB who performs when the game is on the line every time. The kid knows how to win.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I think if you're comfortable with Allen's current performances, you should be comfortable with getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Allen has still got a ways to go for this team to get where all us fans want to go.

At this point just making the playoffs is a giant step for this bills team. There is very few teams that win the Superbowl(which is the main goal) in their first year of making it to the playoffs. Winning one wildcard game is not my goal either.

Everyone wants Allen to be a finished product right now when he was considered a two year project on draft day.

Allen's drive and clutch 4th quater play is way more important than lighting up the stat sheet for 3 tds and 350 yards in the first three quarters. We've had those QBs that do that and then fold in the 4th quaters. Josh Allen is still growing as a QB before our very eyes as is the entire bills team.

I for one love the resilience of this bills team.

This was Josh Allen's best game as a pro imo and i said that after the titans game also. Which means Josh is still making progress and I'll take that every game until the end of next year. Then lets judge Allen after next season.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think being a perennial losing franchise (of late) has broken a few Bills fans. They aren't handling a little success well at all...in this respect I'm welcoming the incoming bandwagoners to offset the loss of the overly sensitive doom-n-gloomers.

I think that we've been on the receiving end of a blowout from a superior team enough that some folks expected us to do that to a Dolphin team that we are frankly better than.