Opposing QBs vs. Miami

wiseman3

Just to give some context. It baffles me that some people are upset at how Josh played. Do these numbers really seem like QBs have been absolutely lighting up Miami's D? Besides Jackson, these seem pretty comparable. Not to mention some runs Allen had. I don't see anyone criticizing Dak for his worse rating against Miami. People here would explode if Allen threw a pick this game like Dak did

IMG_20191021_113555.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Just to give some context. It baffles me that some people are upset at how Josh played. Do these numbers really seem like QBs have been absolutely lighting up Miami's D? Besides Jackson, these seem pretty comparable. Not to mention some runs Allen had. I don't see anyone criticizing Dak for his worse rating against Miami. People here would explode if Allen threw a pick this game like Dak did

IMG_20191021_113555.jpg

This is NOT in any way a criticism of Josh Allen!! However, when your best defensive performance is a QB with a 91.4 rating through 6 games, your pass defense is abjectly terrible. Indeed, Miami's team defensive passer rating is 127.9, which I think is probably the worst in league history. 

Miami had the ball for almost 34 minutes.  We had two real possessions in the 2nd half.... two. 

One was a 98 yard drive.  The other was a short field. 

The third drive was 3 runs to make the Dolphins use all their timeouts. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

IMG_20191021_113555.jpg

I looked this up too.  It surprised me because I thought Miami’s pass defense was worse

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Miami had the ball for almost 34 minutes.  We had two real possessions in the 2nd half.... two. 

One was a 98 yard drive.  The other was a short field. 

The third drive was 3 runs to make the Dolphins use all their timeouts. 

Yep. If Allen got another shot at a real drive, these stats are probably padded even more.

15 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

IMG_20191021_113555.jpg

Some Bills fans like to hate players and will find ways to justify it.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Brady threw 5 passes in their final 3 possessions (after they went up 23-0)

On their final possession, he threw three passes on five plays. One was a deep pass to Burkhead. They were up 37-0. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

No way around it. Allen was disappointing most of the game. Missed wide open guys. Missed at least two deep TD's where guys are wide open. You heard the crowd booing. You saw receivers visibly upset. 

However, most thoughts around here on Allen are like politics. You pick your side and just go along with it regardless of reality. So of course many will say things to justify or excuse. But he needs to get better and against better teams or in the playoffs that is a loss. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

No way around it. Allen was disappointing most of the game. Missed wide open guys. Missed at least two deep TD's where guys are wide open. You heard the crowd booing. You saw receivers visibly upset. 

However, most thoughts around here on Allen are like politics. You pick your side and just go along with it regardless of reality. So of course many will say things to justify or excuse. But he needs to get better and against better teams or in the playoffs that is a loss. 

Not really, I am open to liking Allen as the guy for years to come, but so far I am not satisfied he has all the necessary skills.

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Miami has been in almost every game until after halftime, havent they?

Not really. Been in some games until the 3rd, but that is a stretch. The Bills games is the only lead they have had except 7-3 vs LAC in the 1st qtr.