Tre White leading the league in defender passer rating and INTs for CBs

YoloinOhio

Not too long ago, we would all complain about how inevitable it was for the bills to select a cornerback in the first three rounds as though it was an issue. Now, when they do it, we have nothing to complain about due to the results of guys like Gilmore and Tre. This guy’s a stud and we are fortunate to have him.

29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the way that trade helped build the team and set us up, I would pump the brakes on if we lost it just yet..... lets give it a bit more time.... you may think differently as early as the end of this season.

I hope you’re right!  Josh still needs so much work, but he’s improving day by day.  Sucks that his deep ball is getting worse and worse every day.  

1 hour ago, boater said:

When [eventually] talk comes up about the fifth year option, the Bills should just renegotiate the whole package and keep him a Bill for life.

I agree. I actually think Beane is smart enough to be starting discussions on an extension this off-season-- i.e., get him inked during year 4.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I agree. I actually think Beane is smart enough to be starting discussions on an extension this off-season-- i.e., get him inked during year 4.  

There is no doubt now. The Bills cannot let Tre White get away. If they do, they will never hear the end of it...any rationalization for letting him go would be serving up weak tea.

39 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

There is no doubt now. The Bills cannot let Tre White get away. If they do, they will never hear the end of it...any rationalization for letting him go would be serving up weak tea.

I agree. For a long time, I have been a proponent of drafting a CB high every 5 years and then letting him walk after his rookie deal, because of the high cost of that second contract. (I actually still support it for Gilmore, who, despite what everyone says, still holds on just about every play but now can get away it— but that’s an argument for another day).

But Tre is a very special player— excellent in multiple coverages, good against the run, great ball skills, and high character guy. You pay him!! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I agree. For a long time, I have been a proponent of drafting a CB high every 5 years and then letting him walk after his rookie deal, because of the high cost of that second contract. (I actually still support it for Gilmore, who, despite what everyone says, still holds on just about every play but now can get away it— but that’s an argument for another day).

But Tre is a very special player— excellent in multiple coverages, good against the run, great ball skills, and high character guy. You pay him!! 

Since the Pegulas own both teams, and never seem to mind paying coaches, they should pay Tre $10m to be a Bills cb and $10m to be a Sabres goalie coach, which wouldn't count against the NHL cap.

21 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Yes! You pay him because he is one of your own, not some left over from a prior regime and he has rewarded you with his excellent play. Tre White has been very instrumental in the Bills success. The five year and out routine should not apply to him. 

Edited by Rocket94

3 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

White is experiencing what it means to be a great player in Buffalo.  #overlooked

While often that appears to be true, it's really not often the case. We just havent been a good team for a long time. Half the posters on here even say that Josh wasn't good yesterday. I get a newsletter from NFL.com every morning and he was pictured at the top saying he had an "outstanding" game.

2 hours ago, boater said:

When [eventually] talk comes up about the fifth year option, the Bills should just renegotiate the whole package and keep him a Bill for life.

They will pick up the 5th year option and at the same time be negotiating a long term contract.

It will most likely be 5 years for 75-80 million.  The guaranteed money will be the negotiation point.