I guess Daniel Jones isn't the Giants savior after all?

Blaming the coaches more right now.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/10/wfans-mike-francesa-trashes-pat-shurmur-giants-for-sickening-loss-to-cardinals-they-are-complete-losers.html

I know that Jones is young may still pan out. I'm really just mocking the breathless talking heads on ESPN who declared Jones the real deal after one win.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/10/wfans-mike-francesa-trashes-pat-shurmur-giants-for-sickening-loss-to-cardinals-they-are-complete-losers.html

I know that Jones is young may still pan out. I'm really just mocking the breathless talking heads on ESPN who declared Jones the real deal after one win.

Uhhhhh, you're only allowed to address him as "Danny Dimes" now. Please show reverence. Sheesh. :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You are spot on.

Folks are so quick to crown these kids, or throw them into the trash heap.

I prefer listening to the former QBs and coaches who usually have a more nuanced expectation around these young signal callers.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

From the part of that game I saw yesterday, you can't judge Jones either way.  The Giants could not figure out any protection;  Jones was getting hammered on every play.

Yeah, Chandler Jones had 4 sacks by himself and the team had 8 overall. 

I think Pat Shurmur is the bigger problem in that franchise. 

He's a terrible coach...making terrible decisions, the biggest one giving Jones the David Carr "let's get sacked until your ribs collapse" experience.  They ask Jones to make Eli Manning throws instead of giving him plays that will build confidence.  

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think Pat Shurmur is the bigger problem in that franchise. 

He's a terrible coach...making terrible decisions, the biggest one giving Jones the David Carr "let's get sacked until your ribs collapse" experience.  They ask Jones to make Eli Manning throws instead of giving him plays that will build confidence.  

This is completely out of the blue and I am asking you, dpberr, because you brought up coaching and made me think about it.

Forgive the brief thread hijack...I thought Flores did a good job yesterday and I think he has been given an absolute raw deal in Miami by the administration.

Thoughts?

The Giants have bigger problems the Daniel Jones. He got sacked 8 times and was under constant pressure. Falling behind 14-0 was not a great position to be in 5 minutes into the game. Seriously, trying to block Chandler Jones with a receiving TE was a disaster.      

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This is completely out of the blue and I am asking you, dpberr, because you brought up coaching and made me think about it.

Forgive the brief thread hijack...I thought Flores did a good job yesterday and I think he has been given an absolute raw deal in Miami by the administration.

Thoughts?

I think Shurmur has a chance to become an offensive coordinator after the Giants fire him...

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I honestly think the best thing they could do at this point is give Jones a couple of weeks on the bench to regroup.  

I think the young QBs need some live fire and then can really benefit from a few weeks off - watching and studying film to see what is happening. Then get them back out for several weeks and then pull them back again.

It shouldn’t be tied to performance- just give them a quick mental break to allow them see and better understand the game.

The NFL game is so fast and so complicated- but mostly there are few weeks of downtime to allow the brain to assimilate everything you have seen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thoughts?

I thought Flores had a brilliant game plan against the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought Flores had a brilliant game plan against the Bills.

Agreed. If they had a reasonable number of decent players on defense, they may well have pulled that game out because the scheming was good. Luckily for the Bills, their defensive talent is awful. 

• Like (+1) 2

ESPN is so lame.  Their goal was clearly to just capture some talk and views from New York fan base regardless if they were right or wrong about Jones.  They pander to everyone who will throw them a bone, it's not sports talk, it's producers begin paid by networks telling reporters what their opinions are.  I guess we shouldn't be surprised when they do the same when it comes to China.  Steven-A gave the most disgraceful bit on justifying why Lebron shouldn't be criticized over his recent comments.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thoughts?

The Dolphins were a balanced team yesterday. You really have to appreciate Flores-- even as they have been taking players out from under him, he has his team getting a little better every week. 

I was thinking yesterday after halftime that Daboll had adjusted really well (which does seem to be one of his strengths), and the Phins hadn't really adjusted at all. But, then again, how much can you adjust at halftime with that personnel? The Miami FO is tanking, but Flores is not. He's the real deal, IMO, and I hope he gets rewarded after being the front man to a crap show this season.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1