Frank Gore is a freak and I love him

Frank Gore is a LEGEND! We as fans have to appreciate what we are seeing right now. He churns through D lines like butter and always moves the sticks forward. When in the open field his patience and vision is flat out outstanding. Sure he has lost a few ticks on his 40yard dash but would not be around if he didn't have what was mentioned prior. 

Ohh yeah,  his ball security and durability health wise is flat out amazing. 

• Like (+1) 2

We need Frank to come back for one more year......the thought of him Singletary and our rugby player is very very nice

The running backs are already on the roster....need one more GOOD wide receiver

Damn we are in fine shape.....ton of money to spend on our own players......and a competent front office

So this is what a winning mentality looks like?  I have not seen this since the Super Bowl years

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Frank Gore has not been a "wow" player, but he is a damn workhorse. He is uber reliable and has lasted way longer than most at his position. If the Niners had won that Super Bowl, his HOF status would not be in question. 

Maybe a little bit of an odd comparison, but when you watch Tom Brady play, you're never like "holy hell, how did he do that!?" You're just like "welp, there he goes, moving the ball at will." And we see Brady, well passed the average age for a QB in the NFL, doing what he's always been doing because it doesn't rely on athleticism. Frank Gore is the same way. He just finds a way to move the ball forward, no matter what. He won't bust a 75-yard TD run, but he'll sustain drives and protect the rock. He is a great football player. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I appreciate Frank Gore but just imagine if we had a young dynamic running back on this team! Frank is great for the 2 punch but to me we are still missing the #1 in it. 

Maybe it's Singletery, time will tell. He looks a little slow to me. 

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He's automatic.  

People complain that he's a compiler and not one of the greats, but that's no the way to  look at it.  Gore gets the most he can out of every carry.  He squeezes through holes, he breaks tackles, he falls forward.   

Every year in the NFL a half dozen teams have a guy like that.  Those guys don't look great, they don't look like Sayers or Sanders or anyone you want to name, but they are very effective for their teams.  If they're really good, they do it for three or four years and then they're done.   Gore has done it for 15 years.   That's incredible.   He's had NINE 1000 yard seasons.   There's never been anyone who was that effective for that long.  

Walter Payton had 11 seasons over 1000.   Gore might get to 10 this season.   Gore might pass Payton for most career yards.   They both have a 4.4 yard per carry in their careers, and the only reason Payton has more yards is because he had more carries.   NOBODY says Payton was a compiler.  

Gore is a Hall of Fame lock. 

yes yes and yes.
Mr Dirty yards has been all i could hope for for and more.

keep in mind i was a huge fred Jackson fan. Love that type of play.

Frank is my Hero and inspires that O line i am sure.
Having D Singletary back? now we got something. what a great duo that compliment each other.

The best part about Gore , for me at least ,is that he leads by example.

Like i said

Love the Frank

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Gore ran a 40 right now I would bet money on it being over a 4.80. 

I want Singletary to get as many carries as possible. I would also like to see him more involved in the passing game.

and yet he gets the yards 
 Duke is slow and moves the chains. Singletary is slow and moves he chains

Dimarco gets first down catching passes and move the chains. Lee Smith..
this is not fantasy football.

he would run  the 4.8 through under DT and around a LB and  through a  SS

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I swear to you on everything I hold holy in this world I was going to edit the post above shortly after writing it to say at the end...

"Did I say freak? I'm sorry, I meant Super Freak!

He's a super freak, super freak, he's super freaky YEAOHH!"

He will never let your spirits down . ..

38 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I guess I only expect Gore to be the feature back for one season (did not even expect it this season tbh), Singletary really needs to step up and take the reigns.

all in good time my pretty, all in good time.

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

When a normally pretty reserved and serious fifteen year Vet of four teams says this--its meaningful.

I have worked places in my life where I knew I could leave and get paid more -- sometimes even double or more what I was making.  I was willing to accept less to stay because I knew I was able to achieve my best and I was part of something bigger than just me.  I wonder if this is part of the strategy with the Bills.  I think it involves extending guys proactively but also building an environment that a 15 year vet like Frank Gore craves and wants to call home.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just a stupid freak.

When they signed him I thought it was great and was hoping he'd provide us with Kenny Davis type 600+ yards for the season...good times.

In between, Shady gets cut and Singletary is out for a number of games...bad times.

Except for this Godfather of Ground and Pound said "f*** that...get on my back" and he is currently 16th in the NFL in rushing (keep in mind we had a bye) with 388 yards and he is 12th in yards per carry for guys who have rushed 70 or more times.

Not only is he one of only 4 men to rush for 15,000 career yards (known), but he is on pace this season to become the oldest player (36) in NFL history to run for 1,000 yards (did you know that?   also waiting for that guy I'm missing who actually did it older than 36...but just stay with me on this joy ride).

Of all the surprises this season, seeing the other teams DLines "Gored" by this man has been one of the most surprising.

He needs 134 more yards in the next two games to pass Barry Sanders for third all time in front of Bills fans.

I am hoping he does it, and I am hoping some of you feel the same way, unless you are one those "safe spacers" that doesn't think that it is right for Frank to get all those manly carries as it would hurt Devin's feelings.

...ahh, you see...I went political.  My apologies.

GO BILLS and GO FRANK...you freak.

When I saw that last night, all I could think was "What, Barry Sanders!?!? WOW!".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Yes but they also include the negative yards backs run and for every 10 yards Barry Sanders ran he 5 yards backwards.

That makes his production even more amazing.

I saw him live once. I think it was 1990 or 91at the Ralph. He rushed for about 105 yards and was awesome. He was outrushed that day by Kenneth Davis who rushed for about 110.

Davis got the call that day because the Bills had already clinched home field and sat a number of starters... Ditka was pissed

Lions won the game that day after both kickers missed a FG in OT.

Edited by frostbitmic

On 10/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just a stupid freak.

When they signed him I thought it was great and was hoping he'd provide us with Kenny Davis type 600+ yards for the season...good times.

In between, Shady gets cut and Singletary is out for a number of games...bad times.

Except for this Godfather of Ground and Pound said "f*** that...get on my back" and he is currently 16th in the NFL in rushing (keep in mind we had a bye) with 388 yards and he is 12th in yards per carry for guys who have rushed 70 or more times.

Not only is he one of only 4 men to rush for 15,000 career yards (known), but he is on pace this season to become the oldest player (36) in NFL history to run for 1,000 yards (did you know that?   also waiting for that guy I'm missing who actually did it older than 36...but just stay with me on this joy ride).

Of all the surprises this season, seeing the other teams DLines "Gored" by this man has been one of the most surprising.

He needs 134 more yards in the next two games to pass Barry Sanders for third all time in front of Bills fans.

I am hoping he does it, and I am hoping some of you feel the same way, unless you are one those "safe spacers" that doesn't think that it is right for Frank to get all those manly carries as it would hurt Devin's feelings.

...ahh, you see...I went political.  My apologies.

GO BILLS and GO FRANK...you freak.

I see Gore as Fred Jackson minus the receiving talent Fred had.....very similar runners

• Like (+1) 1