Frank Gore is a freak and I love him

...just a stupid freak.

When they signed him I thought it was great and was hoping he'd provide us with Kenny Davis type 600+ yards for the season...good times.

In between, Shady gets cut and Singletary is out for a number of games...bad times.

Except for this Godfather of Ground and Pound said "f*** that...get on my back" and he is currently 16th in the NFL in rushing (keep in mind we had a bye) with 388 yards and he is 12th in yards per carry for guys who have rushed 70 or more times.

Not only is he one of only 4 men to rush for 15,000 career yards (known), but he is on pace this season to become the oldest player (36) in NFL history to run for 1,000 yards (did you know that?   also waiting for that guy I'm missing who actually did it older than 36...but just stay with me on this joy ride).

Of all the surprises this season, seeing the other teams DLines "Gored" by this man has been one of the most surprising.

He needs 134 more yards in the next two games to pass Barry Sanders for third all time in front of Bills fans.

I am hoping he does it, and I am hoping some of you feel the same way, unless you are one those "safe spacers" that doesn't think that it is right for Frank to get all those manly carries as it would hurt Devin's feelings.

...ahh, you see...I went political.  My apologies.

GO BILLS and GO FRANK...you freak.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

The guy has had an amazing career.  But is he HOF material?

Yes.  Considering the endurance and relying a lot on that, yes.

I believe he is the NFL's all time leader in yards after the age of 30 and in this day an age of the pass it is impressive.

EDIT:  Once hitting 30 the guy has had 1557 carries for 6,297 yards and a 4.04 average.  Yesterday was his 100th game during that time so even given that he is limited in some games, even with us, he's averaged 63 yards a game over that stretch...there is merit and worthy acknowledgement to that.

However, his hall of fame status doesn't matter right now as much as his contribution has mean to this team.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I like Gore but I would like to see Singletary get 15 to 20. 

I would have like to see both of them get 15-20 carries yesterday.  Had the team established the run and stuck with , the offense would not have struggled as much.

Edited by JK Fan
Grammar error.
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

I would have like to see both of them get 15-20 carries yesterday.  Had the team established the run and stuck with I, the offense would not have struggled as much.

agreed.  they flashed a stat showing that we are like 7th in rushing and 20 something in passing, and i remember seeing on twitter that coming into this week, we passed the 2nd most (% wise) of any team in the NFL.

im sure some of the run success comes from how much we pass, but we really have to change the mix a little bit to get some more 3rd and shorts.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Is this a real question? Guy is 4th all time in rushing yards.

Everyone in the top 12 of the all time rushers are in the hall of fame except Gore and Adrian Peterson. Both of them will be.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He's automatic.  

People complain that he's a compiler and not one of the greats, but that's no the way to  look at it.  Gore gets the most he can out of every carry.  He squeezes through holes, he breaks tackles, he falls forward.   

Every year in the NFL a half dozen teams have a guy like that.  Those guys don't look great, they don't look like Sayers or Sanders or anyone you want to name, but they are very effective for their teams.  If they're really good, they do it for three or four years and then they're done.   Gore has done it for 15 years.   That's incredible.   He's had NINE 1000 yard seasons.   There's never been anyone who was that effective for that long.  

Walter Payton had 11 seasons over 1000.   Gore might get to 10 this season.   Gore might pass Payton for most career yards.   They both have a 4.4 yard per carry in their careers, and the only reason Payton has more yards is because he had more carries.   NOBODY says Payton was a compiler.  

Gore is a Hall of Fame lock. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JK Fan said:

I would have like to see both of them get 15-20 carries yesterday.  Had the team established the run and stuck with I, the offense would not have struggled as much.

If Gore ran a 40 right now I would bet money on it being over a 4.80. 

I want Singletary to get as many carries as possible. I would also like to see him more involved in the passing game.

I thought it was a terrible move to sign Gore.  I was wrong.  He's been terrific and it's incredible that he's able to play at this level at age 36.  He's also a great locker room guy and allowed us to cut Shady, which helps on the financial side.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

If you look at economically he was best signing of season even comparing to those on rookie deals especially if you consider saving from cutting McCoy which was not guarenteed when he was signed:

Frank Gore signed a 1 year, $2,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $500,000 signing bonus, $500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,000,000.

T.J. Yeldon signed a 2 year, $3,200,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $500,000 signing bonus, $500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,600,000. In 2019, Yeldon will earn a base salary of $1,000,000, a signing bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $50,000, while carrying a cap hit of $1,300,000 and a dead cap value of $550,000.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boater said:

I expected Rick James Super Freaky to play when I read this post.

Gore is doing great. Kudos to those unsung heroes on the OL opening up Titanic size holes for him.

I swear to you on everything I hold holy in this world I was going to edit the post above shortly after writing it to say at the end...

"Did I say freak? I'm sorry, I meant Super Freak!

He's a super freak, super freak, he's super freaky YEAOHH!"

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1