Rational Thoughts Day After Dolphins Game

corta765

5 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

McD is cautious in bringing guys back from injury.  Time will tell.

He is slow to use them pre injury as well, 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

We all know he’s far from a finished product. Last year he improved A LOT from the start of the year to later in the year. This year he generally looks better than the end of last year. He’s made some terrible, boneheaded throws for picks early this year. Yesterday he avoided making that dumb toss when he found himself in a similar position. He threw it safely OB.

Bottom line: He’s young, he’s not where we want him to be yet, but as long as he keeps showing progress in the big picture, I’m happy. It will be bumpy, but it’s all about progress. 

I think a TON of people forget that Josh was supposedly the most "raw" QB prospect in last years draft.Had a huge upside, but probably needed the most work out of any of them. I think a majority of people expected him to sit the entire season last year...but he was forced into play after such poor play by Peterman. If it'd all gone according to plan, we'd just NOW be seeing Josh taking his first starts of his career. 

I think he's in a great place right now with what, 18 starts? For the guy who supposedly needed the most work to begin with? To this point, I don't think there's any doubt that he's better than Darnold and Rosen. I think he is arguably better than Baker. That one is probably still up in the air, but I lean more toward Josh there. For the guy that was expected to be behind ALL of them at this point, he's doing just fine.

We all knew coming into this deal that Josh Allen was never going to come in day one and light it up. We knew he was going to be a bit of a project. 

• Like (+1) 1