wnysteel love

gomper

So Sad!  Sad that our friend is suffering but sadder that nobody's coming up with a cure(s).

Lost my Mom in 82 to cancer, and there have been a lot of "walks," fundraisers etc. since then.  Wondering if Polio was an epidemic today, would/could anyone have found a cure?

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

wnysteel (Dave) is in hospice now and doesn't have much time left with us.  As many know, cancer is an absolute ***** show no matter what, but Dave's circumstances are especially cruel as he recently moved to Florida in June for a great new job, got married in September, and then got kicked in the face with this diagnosis in October.  He and his wife are alone in a new place with little to no daily support from friends and family.  A great father, husband, friend and epic Bills tailgater is leaving us way too early at the age of 50.

He has his affairs in order to take care of his teenage daughter and new wife long term, but since his wife had to leave her job to care for him we started a campaign to help them through this awful time and not have to worry about day to day expenses.  We are very close to the goal so I thought I'd share here in case anyone here who either knows or has interacted with Dave might be able to put us over the top.  We were also able to leverage a contact and get Jim Kelly to offer some words to Dave that you can see in the link below.  Thanks Jim! 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/kadie-and-david-rhoads?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

• Sad 1

I've been talking to Dave's wife and she is planning to go to the local Jacksonville Bills backers bar for the game tomorrow. Wing It at 11018 Old St. Augustine Rd. Jacksonville, FL.

Anyone here a Jacksonville backer or know someone who is that could welcome her to the party tomorrow?