First Time I have been concerned with Josh Allen

9 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Ask your son what he did

I did … his story is that he made a post saying that he thought Josh is currently the weak link of the team, people piled on and he got banned. I saw the e-mail from the mod who shall remain nameless and thought is was pretty crass. Came on to see what the hub bub was about but all the posts were deleted. Asking the forum for specifics as to what happened.

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

It is about your son as you mentioned him several times.      I ve been on this board long enough though to know that posters in general are given a bit of leeway when it comes to the rules .  So for him to have been banned,  it was likely pretty egregious.

and I agree … curious as to what exactly happened.

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

actually it's not about my son … it's about the forum and how it's being run.

Your son had four of his five posts deleted.

The one remaining post shows a politely, well written entry regarding Josh Allen's inability to hit the deep ball.

As one who has been censored about 15,000 times over the past decade by multiple mods, I can tell you that for a post to be deleted, it's bad.  100% of the time.  So bad that any mod with deletion powers would delete it.

My suggestion to you would be to send Hap a PM and ask for details privately. 

• Like (+1) 1

eh...you made it about him by multiple mentions.  i'm not important on here.  i don't add a ton, and usually i'm abrasive, and here i am, still welcomed on here.  i can't speak for specifics, but i'm sure it wasn't just a difference of opinion that got him banned.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Ah, and who were you in a previous life? Must be the day for reincarnations....

A legend.

TBD just isn’t the same without the “people wont be happy when JP/Trent/Fitz/EJ/Thad/Tyrod win the super bowl” guys. 

they do a pretty good job running the joint here. personally I'd like to see the few trolls that plague the board tossed back in to the cyber hole of hell and never to return but trolls come with the territory and are hard to shed sometimes.

but for the most part, I'd say they do a fine job combating against them and those that tend to get a little out of hand. I know, I've got a little out of hand a time or two myself and paid the penalty for it.

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

I did … his story is that he made a post saying that he thought Josh is currently the weak link of the team, people piled on and he got banned. I saw the e-mail from the mod who shall remain nameless and thought is was pretty crass. Came on to see what the hub bub was about but all the posts were deleted. Asking the forum for specifics as to what happened.

It wasn't your son's OP that got him banned was it?  Is that what he told you?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Your son had four of his five posts deleted.

The one remaining post shows a politely, well written entry regarding Josh Allen's inability to hit the deep ball.

As one who has been censored about 15,000 times over the past decade by multiple mods, I can tell you that for a post to be deleted, it's bad.  100% of the time.  So bad that any mod with deletion powers would delete it.

My suggestion to you would be to send Hap a PM and ask for details privately. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Allen's pattern seems to be, every week, to start slow, and finish strong. That's not the worst thing. But, for those feeling concerned with him, go back and watch some of his last season's performances (if you have the means). And, try to remember the knocks on him, and how they have changed this season. Remember how many were knocking his accuracy, last season? His poor decision making? His inability to complete the short throws? How he couldn't lead his receivers? How he wouldn't throw until he saw his target get open, or turn to receive the ball? How he was too quick to flee the pocket? These are all things he has improved upon. Remember how he was considered a "raw prospect" coming out of college? Does anyone think he has reached his ceiling? And, we should not forget how poorly the coaching staff handled his rookie season.

Listen to us! "Dang... what's up with all these fourth quarter comebacks...???"

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Pokebball said:

It wasn't your son's OP that got him banned was it?  Is that what he told you?

than what was it????

Did he swear??? Did he randomly start calling people jerks who weren't jerks??? Did he advertise some sort of Ponzi scheme??? I know he wasn't a member long enough to crusade a point and beat it like a dead horse.

Just now, FireChans said:

A legend.

TBD just isn’t the same without the “people wont be happy when JP/Trent/Fitz/EJ/Thad/Tyrod win the super bowl” guys. 

Another long time lurker, first time poster, who chose this moment -after a game in which Allen made no boneheaded mistakes, after a game in which he came through in the clutch when his team needed him, after a win, in a season where he is 5-1 as a starter - to join the forum and let us all know how bad Allen is...???

Or maybe you are just another previously banned or ignored poster...

6 minutes ago, macaroni said:

He is a bit older that 20, but if he said he was a member of the D&C forum it was defiantly hyperbole on his part. I was a member back in the day and remember it fondly, so if you did own/run it good for you, you did a great job and I miss it.

If he said he has followed Bills forums since the D&C days that is kind of true … I've talked about it often, and still do so he's heard the stories and knows of the members by proxy.

he did make a claim about the D&C.  

No,  I  didn't own it as in I paid for it.    I was a main contributor along with the likes of Neeraj, WEO and JackRabbit

I ran he Daily Babe thread .... well over 4,000 posts long ... (356 times a decade)

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Allen's pattern seems to be, every week, to start slow, and finish strong. That's not the worst thing. But, for those feeling concerned with him, go back and watch some of his last season's performances (if you have the means). And, try to remember the knocks on him, and how they have changed this season. Remember how many were knocking his accuracy, last season? His poor decision making? His inability to complete the short throws? How he couldn't lead his receivers? How he wouldn't throw until he saw his target get open, or turn to receive the ball? How he was too quick to flee the pocket? These are all things he has improved upon. Remember how he was considered a "raw prospect" coming out of college? Does anyone think he has reached his ceiling? And, we should not forget how poorly the coaching staff handled his rookie season.

Listen to us! "Dang... what's up with all these fourth quarter comebacks...???"

Great point. He ain’t there yet but he’s a different guy from last year. Even this year, he’s trending in the right direction of WTF throws that he had vs the Bengals and Pats.

Another long time lurker, first time poster, who chose this moment -after a game in which Allen made no boneheaded mistakes, after a game in which he came through in the clutch when his team needed him, after a win, in a season where he is 5-1 as a starter - to join the forum and let us all know how bad Allen is...???

Or maybe you are just another previously banned or ignored poster...

When did I say Allen was bad? Nice projection btw.

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, macaroni said:

OK guys, hate to hijack the thread, BUT

You've just banned a brand new member because he didn't agree with your rose colored glasses. I can't see what in the world he posted to offend your delicate sensibilities because in your Jr. Highschool girly snit you have deleted all mention of his post, but I can assure you that it was a fair and just opinion, looking for discussion and not meant to troll. It just so happens to be that I am the SECOND generation Bills fan to the THIRD generation Bills fan and have been trying to talk him into creating an account because his football opinions are usually quite astute. so here's the scoop (rant).

1) He has in fact been a long term lurker on this forum but he has resisted making an account because he is acutely aware of internet jerks who wield their powers to make themselves feel important. He seeks discussion not turmoil.

2) This is directed to Hapless Bills fan … you DO in fact have a S carved on your forehead (and if you don't you should pull out your pen knife and start carving), he showed me the e-mail you sent him and that was as an unfounded classless act of BS as I've seen in a long time.

3) This is directed to SDS … you really need to pull back on the omnipotent powers of your mods … I understand that it's a tough job but come on … a bit of discretion is called for, and maybe a better weeding out process to eliminate the power hungry jerks we seem to have accumulated over the last few years.

Just so I'm NOT totally high jacking the thread;

He tells me the jist of his post was that although Josh is our future, and very well may be the franchise QB we are looking for, at this point of his career, with this team, he is the teams weak spot. That is an opinion I certainly agree with (so if you see the need to ban me for it feel free).

We ALL knew and STILL know that Josh was and is a work in progress. The best we should be realistically be looking for this year is a completion % of around 60ish, about 230ish yards per game, and more TD receptions than interceptions. IMHO he is tracking those numbers pretty well (except for the interceptions … but I have faith he will clean those up going forward). So what's the cause of people getting their panties in a wad when someone says "Josh isn't there yet" … face it he's not … and it's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means he needs more experience. We all know that Josh at this point can't take this team on his shoulders and produce a good season. There have been glimpses, he's shown flashes, but without the defense playing lights out we have a much worse record and 90% of the posters would be calling him as bust.

In summary, my son's opinion was valid … and you mods are jerks (at least one of you are).

as an aside, I showed my son this before I hit the submit button … he says I shouldn't be calling people out and should reconsider this post … but I'm a pissed off dad and I won't. 

We have a live one here!

Code Blue!!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

than what was it????

Did he swear??? Did he randomly start calling people jerks who weren't jerks??? Did he advertise some sort of Ponzi scheme??? I know he wasn't a member long enough to crusade a point and beat it like a dead horse.

Might I suggest you PM the Mod who "banned" him and get their side of the story.

If it makes you feel better people have been banned in less than 15 minutes 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Great point. He ain’t there yet but he’s a different guy from last year. Even this year, he’s trending in the right direction of WTF throws that he had vs the Bengals and Pats.

When did I say Allen was bad?

I'm pretty sure you equated him to  "JP/Trent/Fitz/EJ/Thad/Tyrod" in the post I responded to. So, maybe in that post?

I'm pretty sure you equated him to  "JP/Trent/Fitz/EJ/Thad/Tyrod" in the post I responded to. So, maybe in that post?

Oh no, I was referring to YOU and the inanity surrounding QB discussions around here. That’s where you made the mistake.