First Time I have been concerned with Josh Allen

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I thought this thread deserves to have this gangsta on roller skates posted in it.....will just leave this here

You selfish piece of *****. 

EVERY thread deserves this!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

well if he DID than he certainly should be banned … but no one has sent me proof or clued me in as to what he said, so I'm sticking to my premise that he was banned because a certain mod didn't agree with his take and it was easer to boot him than discuss his viewpoint.

His handle (for the 30 minutes he was a member was Third generation bills fan) so if anybody can give me insight as to what went on I'd appreciate it … all I have now is his side of the story and it sound pretty benign. 

Your son stated that he has been following this site for the last 15-20 years before joining today. Shouldn't that make him old enough to fight his own battles and to move out of the house?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

well it is more complex than just a "Josh Allen failure".

Is there a hot receiver going to a predetermined spot (hot read)?

Is there an audible to get out of the empty backfield, put the RB on the side of the blitz so that the RB can at least chip the blitzer and buy Josh a second to connect to the hot receiver?

Are  there line audibles to shift the blocker to pick up the blitzes?

I am not convinced that everyone else is doing the right things either.  

I am not convince that Daboll has this aspect of the game covered adequately.  New England exposed Daboll just as much as they did Josh.  Now the TEAM needs to address it.

It’s cover zero. They are usually rushing 7 or 8. You don’t just need to chip an extra rusher.

The QB needs to recognize the play, and tell the receiver to go to his hot route. That’s his job. He also needs to recognize the ball needs to go into the stands immediately if that read isn’t there. 

11 minutes ago, macaroni said:

well if he DID than he certainly should be banned … but no one has sent me proof or clued me in as to what he said, so I'm sticking to my premise that he was banned because a certain mod didn't agree with his take and it was easer to boot him than discuss his viewpoint.

His handle (for the 30 minutes he was a member was Third generation bills fan) so if anybody can give me insight as to what went on I'd appreciate it … all I have now is his side of the story and it sound pretty benign. 

Ask your son what he did

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

After seeing Josh Allen's first performance in pre-season last year, I started a thread title "For the love of God, just name Josh Allen the starter" (Mods later changed thread title).

To me Allen is the most likable guy in the NFL, and the most fun to watch.  I so much want him to succeed.  

Yesterday's game troubled me quite a bit.  With two weeks to prepare for the worst team in the NFL, Singletary back,  a upgraded receiving corp including  glue hands Duke Williams and Tyler Kroft active, I expected the offense to be hitting on nearly all cylinders.   

it appears to me now that Allen and Daboll are simply not a good combination.  Daboll seems to be committed to developing Allen to play in the Daboll system rather than developing a system to optimize Allen's considerable physical skills.  At this point I am not sure they will be successful together.  There is a legitimate school of thought to say that there is a proper way to play NFL QB and Allen needs to learn that.    At the same time I think it is legitimate to say that some teams have been successful (Russell Williams) adapting an offense to take advantage of a particular QBs skill set.   I am not sure which is right.  I will say that I think Daboll's offense would work identically well with Jared Goff as our QB, and I think that leaves a lot of Josh Allen's skill set unused. I don't want to turn Allen into Goff.  

Did you watch the game yesterday?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Last year it was "he'll never be accurate", now it's "he'll never be top 10". Next year, will it be "yeah, he's top 10, but he'll never be elite"?

Stay tuned...

Let's hope, in ten years, those same folks are saying, "Yeah, he won 3 Super Bowls, but he should have won all four..."

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

As I've been told by a mod  Less is more.  so that I don't get a ban ...  Have a good day.  

Is he the 20 year old lurker who was on the D&C forums?

Dude  I owned the D&C Forums.

He is a bit older that 20, but if he said he was a member of the D&C forum it was defiantly hyperbole on his part. I was a member back in the day and remember it fondly, so if you did own/run it good for you, you did a great job and I miss it.

If he said he has followed Bills forums since the D&C days that is kind of true … I've talked about it often, and still do so he's heard the stories and knows of the members by proxy.

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

After seeing Josh Allen's first performance in pre-season last year, I started a thread title "For the love of God, just name Josh Allen the starter" (Mods later changed thread title).

To me Allen is the most likable guy in the NFL, and the most fun to watch.  I so much want him to succeed.  

Yesterday's game troubled me quite a bit.  With two weeks to prepare for the worst team in the NFL, Singletary back,  a upgraded receiving corp including  glue hands Duke Williams and Tyler Kroft active, I expected the offense to be hitting on nearly all cylinders.   

it appears to me now that Allen and Daboll are simply not a good combination.  Daboll seems to be committed to developing Allen to play in the Daboll system rather than developing a system to optimize Allen's considerable physical skills.  At this point I am not sure they will be successful together.  There is a legitimate school of thought to say that there is a proper way to play NFL QB and Allen needs to learn that.    At the same time I think it is legitimate to say that some teams have been successful (Russell Williams) adapting an offense to take advantage of a particular QBs skill set.   I am not sure which is right.  I will say that I think Daboll's offense would work identically well with Jared Goff as our QB, and I think that leaves a lot of Josh Allen's skill set unused. I don't want to turn Allen into Goff.  

Allen’s completion percentage in the 2nd half was over 90%. He was killing it, I will attribute the first have to a bye week hangover, and lack of running plays called.  On to the next game.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

actually it's not about my son … it's about the forum and how it's being run.

It is about your son as you mentioned him several times.      I ve been on this board long enough though to know that posters in general are given a bit of leeway when it comes to the rules .  So for him to have been banned,  it was likely pretty egregious.

• Like (+1) 1