First Time I have been concerned with Josh Allen

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Gee, now we have the same "perfect" standard for fans as for our QB.

I find Buffalo football fans to be in general among the most educated I encounter. 

I try to talk football with fans of other teams and they look at me as though I'm speaking in tongues.

Yeah, we have our boneheads and our chicken littles but what team doesn't?

I used to think like this, prior to this season.

This season's changed my view, A LOT.

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Relax the kids played 17 NFL games.

You don't need to put 50 up on a team to win and winning like that gets you a lot of hate.

I like how Dabol has barely dipped into the playbook and the Bills are still 5-1.

Lets save some stuff for down the stretch when things get tougher.

THIS!!  Dabol is saving plays for games we need a curve ball.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I actually like what they're doing with Allen. I think that how they're developing him will pay dividends down the line. It looks to me like they are trying to rein in his hero ball and turn him into a passer. There will be growing pains but he's young and they're still winning.

So much exactly this. 

Year 1 they let him loose faster than they meant to and let him play loose and free, making mistakes but just seeing what he is at QB. Year 2 is all about making sure he has game management skills and completing a high percentage of passes. 

Josh was drafted AS A PROJECT and everyone knew that. 

What we know after 18(?) starts:

- he is clutch

- he can take over a game with his physical ability

- he can (now) manage a game

- he can be accurate

- he has touch 

- he is learning to control his impulses

- he is a big threat to run

Things still in progress:

- downfield accuracy

- hot-read blitzing reaction

Most fan bases would be damn happy to have Josh. I sure am!

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Gee, now we have the same "perfect" standard for fans as for our QB.

Don't know about you, but I had a perfect 158.3 fan rating in Week 5.

Only about a 95 rating yesterday, though.  Had a bunch of incomplete posts, and two intercepted.  C'est la vie...

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is a bit strange.  The board had a very weird vibe last night, it was almost as much work as though we'd lost.

People don't appreciate that Miami likely played their best game of the season. 

That's not necessarily the Bills' fault. Miami, probably because of Fitz, came to play. The Bills played OK and when it mattered, turned it on and won going away. 

Edited by Sundancer

The only real hole in his game yesterday was the lack of his ability to hit the long ball.  Based on his ability, I fully believe that Josh will develop this accuracy.  He needs about 1000 more practice throws to figure out the correct launch angle on those throws.  He's stuck throwing the ball too flat, looks like he needs more air under it.  Although, part of me wants him just to throw it on a rope 50 yards, which I think he could easily do.  But, it would be a tough ball to catch.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or maybe he's not telling you the truth that he's never posted before.

Folks, generally speaking - not cool. 

There are people who run sock puppets here and we recognize it and let it slide, as long as they don't abuse it or misrepresent themselves.

Kids these days.  Sock puppets?  Bah!  Back in my day, we didn't even have socks!  We had to post as ourselves!  In the snow, uphill both ways, no shoes, and we LIKED it!  Then we'd go to the nickelodeon for a soda and a Fatty Arbuckle talkie.  Then we fought the Boche in the Great War  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nervous Grandpa said:

Kids these days.  Sock puppets?  Bah!  Back in my day, we didn't even have socks!  We had to post as ourselves!  In the snow, uphill both ways, no shoes, and we LIKED it!  Then we'd go to the nickelodeon for a soda and a Fatty Arbuckle talkie.  Then we fought the Boche in the Great War  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

NG! How's the dog these days?

44 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The one concern I have is Josh’s failure to recognize obvious cover zero and hot route. There’s a question if he is being coached through his mistakes well enough or if he is not responding to the coaching. He saw that same formation 3-4 times vs the Pats, and just watching him, you just knew he was getting sacked.

ChanFuego? Is that YOU?

34 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Josh Allen is a solid starter

he will never be a Top 10 QB

Last year it was "he'll never be accurate", now it's "he'll never be top 10". Next year, will it be "yeah, he's top 10, but he'll never be elite"?

Stay tuned...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

People don't appreciate that Miami likely played their best game of the season. 

That's not necessarily the Bills' fault. Miami, probably because of Fitz, came to play. The Bills played OK and when it mattered, turned it on and won going away. 

I think that we had the wrong defensive approach with Fitz.  He's at this worst when there is a closing pocket but a clearly defined pocket, we left too many running, scrambling lanes and did not contain the pocket.  A four man rush that contains and pushes the pocket, hands up, and a flooded zone usually has Fitzy forcing the ball and becoming frustrated.  This does not account for them being able to run it down our throats however, which they did.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I asked this (but with so many damn threads to read about the game) 

Did Miami back off the heave blitz packages?  

I think once that slowed the Blitz or Dabol and  co adjusted the game got much better and fewer drive killing penalties

Penalties on the Offensive side of the ball is a problem.  They are not helping themselves with a young QB having so many.

Bills are among the worse teams with offensive penalties and most of the teams around them have played an extra game.

I really wish they could get a handle on this.

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

(Psst.  Let me tell you a secret:  The spread doesn't count.  Only wins and losses.)

Tell that to all the suckers who took Bills -17.

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

When you're 5-1 with a bunch of guys who are in their first year playing together, you've overperformed, regardless of how much Vegas thinks you should cover.

And let's assume someone grabs Fitzmagic's fumble inside the 10 and runs it in...the Bills cover. Would that have changed your perception of them underperforming since they beat them by 17?

They wouldn’t cover then, it would have been a push.