First Time I have been concerned with Josh Allen

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Bills Fans are the battered wives of the NFL: too damaged to leave and always in fear.

You'd never know this team is 5-1 and winning games they should be winning.

This guy gets it. I'd add to this that they're generally NOT football-smart.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is exactly what I felt.  I thought Daboll had scripted a bunch of cute stuff initially that he thought he could trial out against a team of pushovers and was slow to abandon it.  To his defense, it was a few missed opportunities and some "not taking what the defense is giving you" away from working, but it still seemed too cute.

I have totally mixed feelings about Daboll as well as Allen.  Allen has youth and inexperience to excuse him.  This is Daboll's 4th OC gig.  At times, his play design and playcalling are excellent to even brilliant.  At other times, I feel he is storing his cranium somewhere dark and moist and failing to craft games appropriately for a young, developing QB and an OL that has scarcely played together.  Bobby Johnson >>> Juan Castillo but "Coach Scar" he ain't.

Haahaa! Yeah, there are times I really wonder what is going on Daboll's head - there are moments I feel like he is demonstrating upper echelon OC abilities and moments wher I just go, WTF? Like you say, at least Allen can fall back on his youth and inexperience to explain those moments of not recognizing something or just making bone-headed mistakes

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Will this never end...

I am going to have to go with probably not.

Same crowd yammering for Barkley to start, then mysteriously lost their voice after watching him against NE.

Same crowd that forgot what every journeyman QB looked like behind center for this team last year (the short time they were upright) before the coaches turned to Allen in desparation and he gave this team a spark.

Is what it is, I concede that Allen needs to get better in areas, but he is this teams best option behind center.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, papazoid said:

Josh Allen is a solid starter

he will never be a Top 10 QB

Some here said that Tyrod was a TOP 10 QB and look how that turned out!!! 

As long as the Bills make the playoffs and Win ...  I don't care if he's a top 10.  (well I do but  you know.) he could be Top 10  .  Top 5 ... thats another story 

23 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:
25 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

No matter what offense Josh plays in he will have accuracy issues.  He had them in college and still has them.  I thought pro coaches could help him but it hasn’t happened.  I know his accuracy percentage is up but he still has not developed accuracy with his long ball.  He still has head scratching misses on some shorter passes.

Will this never end...

about the same time Tranny's 62% completion rate thread ends 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Josh Allen is a solid starter

he will never be a Top 10 QB

Never is such a definitive adjective...so authoritative and unconditionally conclusive. You seem quite omniscient...

Can you tell us what is going to happen in the stock market over the next few years?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Exactly, he just decided to register after all of these years to tell us Allen sucks...

Or maybe he's not telling you the truth that he's never posted before.

Folks, generally speaking - not cool. 

There are people who run sock puppets here and we recognize it and let it slide, as long as they don't abuse it or misrepresent themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or maybe he's not telling you the truth that he's never posted before.

Folks, generally speaking - not cool. 

There are people who run sock puppets here and we recognize it and let it slide, as long as they don't abuse it or misrepresent themselves.

Takes huevos to post on the same account for 20 years ;)

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I've re-watched the game and I think Allen was just fine. He didn't put up 300, but he did what he was asked to do.  He threw behind Beasely early in the game and missed on the two deep balls - outside of that he did well. He didn't have enough pass attempts to put up the huge stats that everyone wants to see without hitting a deep ball.  Knox drop alone cost him 4% in his completion percentage and probably 15-20 yards.  Beasely didn't come up with a very catchable ball on an out as well - which won't go down as a drop on the stat sheet but most NFL WRs would have come up with it.  Would have, could have, should have... I get it - but if both players made those routine plays, his stat line reads 18/26 (69%) for 240, 2 TDs 0 INTs and 32 yards rushing on 4 carries.  I'll take that.

I'll call it here - next week he'll have his 300 yards passing.

I was thinking the same thing regarding Allen 1st 300 game. I’ll add to that and say he will run for at least 75 yards. 

49 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

right?

The DEFENSE is the reason that game was close. They underperformed mightily. The O put up 24 points.

I agree with this.  We all knew it was the defense that won the first 4 games, and kept us in the NE game.

Yesterday the offense won the game.

josh played decently vs miami, i too am wondering where the long ball went.

i do agree about dabol and josh tho.  not as much that dabol isn't fitting his system to josh as much as i don't think he has a system.  he's got so many formations and plays and he seems to dial up plays out of the blue without much feel for the game.

i think that leaves us unprepared, as our horrible horrible pre snap penalties show.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

When you don’t come close to covering the spread, you underperformed relative to your expectations, record or no.

When you're 5-1 with a bunch of guys who are in their first year playing together, you've overperformed, regardless of how much Vegas thinks you should cover.

And let's assume someone grabs Fitzmagic's fumble inside the 10 and runs it in...the Bills cover. Would that have changed your perception of them underperforming since they beat them by 17?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

When you don’t come close to covering the spread, you underperformed relative to your expectations, record or no.

(Psst.  Let me tell you a secret:  The spread doesn't count.  Only wins and losses.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This guy gets it. I'd add to this that they're generally NOT football-smart.

Oh, Gee, now we have the same "perfect" standard for fans as for our QB.

I find Buffalo football fans to be in general among the most educated I encounter. 

I try to talk football with fans of other teams and they look at me as though I'm speaking in tongues.

Yeah, we have our boneheads and our chicken littles but what team doesn't?