Anyone notice how Fitz attacked that left side?

Do you guys think this will be a trend going forward? We all know nobody can throw on Tre, he is amazing and in my mind a shutdown corner but it seemed like Lorax and Levi was abused in coverage, that seemed to be a common theme. They hit on a few plays down the middle too, but again, that left side seems like our Achilles heel. I’m kind of worried about this going forward.

Every team has tried attacking Levi this season.  He is good but he isn't Tre White good, which some fans seem to think

He is a system player who has been put in the best situation for this skill set to be maximized.. he will have days where he is picked on because he has to play off coverage to make up for his lack of speed.. it's why he bails at the LoS so often so he doenst get beat deep. But it gives up all the comebacks and out routes

I like Levi but I don't think he would be as successful around the league as he is here . .  He , like Hyde and Poyer and Tre , have all been aligned with a HC that knows the defensive secondary and how to get the most out of his players in the back end

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Do you guys think this will be a trend going forward? We all know nobody can throw on Tre, he is amazing and in my mind a shutdown corner but it seemed like Lorax and Levi was abused in coverage, that seemed to be a common theme. They hit on a few plays down the middle too, but again, that left side seems like our Achilles heel. I’m kind of worried about this going forward.

Levi got beat on one deep ball and the others were 6-9 yard comebacks. I'm not worried about him. Players get beat sometimes, that's football. 

It's one game and he's been very very good, if not great in the other games.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every team has attacked Levi this season.  He is good but he isn't Tre White good, which some fans seem to think

He is a system player who has been put in the best situation for this skill set to be maximized.. he will have days where he is picked on because he has to play off coverage to make up for his lack of speed.. it's why he bails at the LoS so often so he doenst get beat deep. But it gives up all the comebacks and out routes

I like Levi but I don't think he would be as successful around the league as he is here . .  He , like Hyde and Poyer and Tre , have all been aligned with a HC that knows the defensive secondary and how to get the most out of his players in the back end

I think fans forget that both our HC and DC were top rank secondary coaches before being promoted. Coupled with how game smart Hyde and Poyer are it creates an incredibly good back end. Levi is also playing opposite Tre so he’s going to get picked on.... Fitz just proved why yesterday... Throwing the ball at Tre is like playing roulette. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I think fans forget that both our HC and DC were top rank secondary coaches before being promoted. Coupled with how game smart Hyde and Poyer are it creates an incredibly good back end. Levi is also playing opposite Tre so he’s going to get picked on.... Fitz just proved why yesterday... Throwing the ball at Tre is like playing roulette. 

Tre is hands down playing at an all pro level this season

Lock him up because he shuts down a third of the field for a good portion of games

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lock him up because he shuts down a third of the field for a good portion of games

Exactly. It’s going to cause Wallace to look bad at times as teams will put their #1 WRs on his side to try and win on a physical mismatch. The kid isn’t particularly fast or strong. However, he’s smart and plays like a dog. I’m okay with that side of the field giving up some first downs if Wallace isn’t giving up any big plays. I’m sure he’s coached to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Exactly. It’s going to cause Wallace to look bad at times as teams will put their #1 WRs on his side to try and win on a physical mismatch. The kid isn’t particularly fast or strong. However, he’s smart and plays like a dog. I’m okay with that side of the field giving up some first downs if Wallace isn’t giving up any big plays. I’m sure he’s coached to do so. 

Yea he is physically probably the least athletic and imposing outside CB In the league. He isn't fast and he is skinny so from physical standpoints his game has weakness you can attack

But he is a smart player who seems to recognize his limitations and can mask them

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Also on levi we were forcing him to play man and he is a zone cb.    I believe this was because we were having issues stopping the run

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea he is physically probably the least athletic and imposing outside CB In the league. He isn't fast and he is skinny so from physical standpoints his game has weakness you can attack

But he is a smart player who seems to recognize his limitations and can mask them

And if Fitztragic had had started the game instead of Fitzmagic I think one of those early passes could have been picked. I watched the game with a bunch of friends and was amazed that they’d forgotten what “good Fitz” can do. The guy drops dimes when he’s in the zone.... until he isn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every team has tried attacking Levi this season.  He is good but he isn't Tre White good, which some fans seem to think

I haven’t dove deep but it’s interesting that EJ Gaines was also very successful opposite of Tre in his brief stint here.

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I'm not sure what you can expect on the opposite side from White.  Another Tre White?

At first, I was excited about this idea.

But then I realized that teams have to throw somewhere.  So if you had two Tre Whites, one of them would suck.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'll steal an oldie....

2/3 of the earth are covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by Tre White! 

(the line used to be about Roy Williams I believe when he was in college)

Edited by MR8
  • Haha (+1) 1