Does Beasley’s TD tamp down his growing frustration?

MAJBobby

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

How can it not be?   I'd be pissed if he wasn't upset with a drop !! 

I want players to be mad they messed up!!! 

I want that anger to turn into motivation!!!

He didnt slam his helmet into the turf on a drop.  That was on the Pass that Allen didnt see him open

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Uh oh... I hope John Brown also got out his tamping stick to tamp down his own frustrations after scoring a TD against a Tamp 2 defense. 

Otherwise the solution is clear. Cut everyone, then fire everyone, then burn it to the ground and salt the earth so nothing will ever grow again, to only get tamped. 

(Tamp.)

This play really annoyed me. On the previous play, Knox had that really bad drop, and Allen threw it to him again right away the next play because, you know, gotta pick your guy up and let him know that you believe in him. Noble thoughts, I guess, but he was locked in on Knox to a fault and missed this easy first down pass to Brown. Knox was blanketed on the play.

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I have to see the All-22, but on that pass to Duke it looked like Beasley was running uncovered on the right side of the field for an even bigger gain.

It looks like a safety was covering Beasley and then turned to Duke's direction after seeing the ball was thrown.

Also, that's a good blitz pickup by the o-line and RB.

Edited by syhuang
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I mean, we were all frustrated that first half, weren't we?

I'm sure Cole knows that sometimes he's going to be open and not seen, and I'm sure Cole knows his hands have been a tad suspect. His volume is still there and we're winning games. Keep growing together and keep winning games. 

That said, I'm sure if I'm running open constantly I'd expect the ball more. Josh has been ignoring the check downs and short stuff a lot since the first couple weeks (Singletary was available a lot in this regard as well). Hell, when I play flag football I get mad if I don't get the ball. I don't care if we score every drive, I want the ball. I think it's good to want it and be frustrated when your QB isn't looking for you when the team needs a score, or to move the sticks. It's only a problem when you become a diva, which Cole and Brown surely are not.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I have to see the All-22, but on that pass to Duke it looked like Beasley was running uncovered on the right side of the field for an even bigger gain.

He was, nobody I could see was around him.   Idk if Maybe coverage had started to pull away by the time they showed him or not but I don't think so

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

It looks like a safety was covering Beasley and then turned to Duke's direction after seeing the ball was thrown.

Also, that's a good blitz pickup by the o-line and RB.

Thanks for posting this... Beasley had a safety in his area, but not close enough to break up the pass had it gone to him. It also stands to reason the safety was shading the left side of the field because that’s where Josh was looking. Had he looked at Beasley after the PA the safety most likely would’ve had closer coverage. This is exhibit A for “move the safety with your eyes,” but in this case there wasn’t a need since Duke got open on his man. I’d like to see Josh manipulate the defenders more though. He’s too quick to escape a clean pocket rather than standing in there and scanning the full field.