What Looked Like a Billsy Loss Becomes a Patriotsy Win

theRalph

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yup

NE was only up 21-14 at home to start the 4th quarter versus a bad Giants team missing its best players at RB WR and TE 

Think about this: some are cranky that a double digit win wasn't dominant enough. That's how far this team has come!

The Bills are just getting started. Every week they are finding out more about themselves as a team. We can all see it. Beane is really watching.

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

So using that rational Miami had only 5 pts on the scoreboard not 24.

That, and it was a Special Teams play.

Team game dude and the offense and special teams had to put up some points for us to win.

Complimentary football.

Do you even know what you typed? You're special minded individual I see that very clearly

I have been saying this all year. These guys are learning how to win despite playing perfect football and are overcoming a lot of ups and down throughout theses games. This is what you want. The Patriots won a lot of ugly games back in Brady’s first few years. Hopefully this is the start of something special for the Bills.

The only thing I’ll add here is that if you put Bills uniforms on the Dolphins and Pats*** uniforms on the Bills yesterday, the only narrative would be how the Pats*** always find a way to win and how Belichick “owns” McD. 

9 hours ago, theRalph said:

If Buffalo had lost, we would call it a "Billsy" loss. The game ended up looking to me like a "Patriotsy" win...like many games the Patriots win. The Patriots fans aren't haunted by years of losing and mediocrity, so this type of win for the Pats would look better than it does to Bills fans, especially those living with chronic Drought Effects Syndrome. Frankly, the Bills looked a bit flat in the first half...maybe a bye hangover. 

Many will bemoan the fact that the Bills didn't crush Miami. As a homer, I rather like how the Bills are able to come back in, now, a number of games.

Bills cheated?

• Haha (+1) 1

I just want to know why this offense is incapable of being even half way decent in the 3rd quarter...

Yes, the offense in general has had problems all year, but after halftime they really disappear. 

It was already embarrassing enough that the Dolphins played with a lead for the first time this year against us, and that they outplayed us after ample preperation from us having a Bye AND being a home game, but how have we not fixed this post-halftime issue? Here's our 3rd quarter scoring:

1. Jets - 3 points 

2. Giants - 0 points

3. Bengals - 0 points

4. New England - 7 points

5. Titans - 0 points

6. Dolphins - 0 points

Total: 10 points, 1.66 average.

Comparatively, here's how the 4th quarter looks:

1. Jets - 14 points

2. Giants - 7 points

3. Bengals - 7 points

4. New England - 0 points

5. Titans - 7 points

6. Dolphins - 22 points

Total: 57 points, 9.5 average.

Is there a coaching & preparation issue? Is it a motivation issue? Is it a personnel issue? Yes, wins are most important, but when people say it doesn't matter HOW you win, I strongly disagree if there's still more than half a season to go ahead of us. 

To say we're benefiting from a cake-walk schedule is an understatement. Yes, the Pats are too, but the difference is they play us twice... which has almost always been a guaranteed 2 wins as opposed to our almost guaranteed 2 losses.

And as we've seen in the past, just making the playoffs doesn't mean you'll carry over that success into them or into the following season. With the way this team plays, we can't write off ANY teams as "gimmie" games going forward, even if we should have wins against the Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Jets, Browns & Steelers going forward. 

But is anyone confident we can parlay those wins into playoff success against the actual good teams of the AFC like the Pats, Chiefs, Texans or Colts (yes, the Colts are for real)? I think I'd feel a lot better if just one time Allen had a complete game where he played solid for 4 straight quarters. Just once.

Would I like him to put up numbers every other successful QB in the history of this league has? Sure. But if we're going to be the one team who's franchise QB is incapable of doing that, I'd at least like to see a game where him & the offense don't pull a disappearing act for a quarter or more of a game.

9 hours ago, theRalph said:

If Buffalo had lost, we would call it a "Billsy" loss. The game ended up looking to me like a "Patriotsy" win...like many games the Patriots win. The Patriots fans aren't haunted by years of losing and mediocrity, so this type of win for the Pats would look better than it does to Bills fans, especially those living with chronic Drought Effects Syndrome. Frankly, the Bills looked a bit flat in the first half...maybe a bye hangover. 

Many will bemoan the fact that the Bills didn't crush Miami. As a homer, I rather like how the Bills are able to come back in, now, a number of games.

Bills 5-1, Sabres 7-1-1 we should be enjoying instead of picking the win apart

6 hours ago, colin said:

they are, but ironically they are just horrible in the 3rd quarter.  so it's really all in the 4th quarter where we win games.

That is often fans fault since as you see on TV large portion of seats are empty with people getting beers.  That is usually when stands are the most quiet on defense stands.

Maybe if they cut off selling beer after 1st quarter making up loss profits by raising prices it would increase number of fans making noise.  And lowering prices would not help for there are enough fans making noise when Bills are on offense. :devil:

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If it does not involve cheating, obvious missed calls or extra calls when T*m Br*dy is breathed on hard it is not a "Patriotsy" win

24 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Bills cheated?

I have heard that before.

2 hours ago, buffswagger017 said:

Do you even know what you typed? You're special minded individual I see that very clearly

I knew this was a waste of my time, but I like to try to throw a bone to new folks just joining the Wall conversations.

You seemed confused by Hyde's play as you stated "once again the defense bailed us out" after mentioning the Special Teams play. I was concerned that you did not know what Special Teams was vs Defense.

That, and as this was probably the only game where the Defense was crapping the bed most of the game and had to have some help from the offense and Special Teams to seal the deal - hence, complimentary football. 

And now buh-bye you special-minded waste of my time.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, May Day 10 said:

Yes, thanks.

Not implying that this is the beginning of 2 decades of dominance and a dozen Superbowls.

But in a vacuum, that 2001 team (I meant 2001, said 2000) was a tough fundamentally sound team, not glamorous, whose defense (and ST) would find a way to turn games into wins.  Tom Brady was not all that impressive, but always seemed to do just enough to win the games.

I kinda thought you meant 2001...  I'll toss another comparison at you....  go look at Russel Wilson's game day performances in his 1st 2-3 seasons and see how poorly he performed in quarter's 1-3, and how he performed in Q4...  remind you of another QB?  I'm surprised how similar their numbers look...

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2019 at 8:49 AM, theRalph said:

From your title a better user name is theFishBowl.

I think we should never use the term ”Patriotsy“ again. Billsy has a special meaning and it’s an exclusive term for Bills fans... we all know what it means. Satan’s Team cheats and gets special treatment, so it does not deserve mention.

Edited by Moose
  • Like (+1) 1