Going into the halfway point of the Season Offensive Identity

MAJBobby

Now that we are just about halfway thru the season. I think it is safe to say at this point that the Bills have moved to a Pass first Offense. 

Finally we are seeing a Bills Offense that is going to pass early and often and use it to set the run up. 

It is about time that a modern NFL offense has shown up in Buffalo. And if you are watching the game with a Modern Offense they no longer go into a football game with a razor thin margin for error. 

having this type of offense allows the ability to over come a hold that has stalled drives in the past. Perfect example is on the TD late. Picked up the first on 3rd and 1 but the Knox hold (imo a weak call) making it 3rd 11 and what happens picks up the first and scores the go ahead TD. 

Allen still needs growth but it really is nice to see an offense that isn’t afraid to run an offense thru the QB. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

it may take more then a half season for this offense to completely gel. next season, I expect a lot of the kinks to be worked out and a couple more play makers picked up in the off season. as much as this season is only 7 games in, 2020 is when I expect the team to be more dominant and balanced all around?

• Like (+1) 3

i count 25 plays on 1st down

bills ran 13 times and passed 12 times

i'd call that balanced

i don't know what the bills offensive identity is....it certainly aint the long ball.....he overthrows it almost  evey time.

the only thing working are the medium passes to john brown.

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

bills are ranked 7th in rushing and 21st in passing....just sayin

in yesterdays game 26 passes and 23 rushes

In the 1st QTR Bills are currently 62% pass (4th in the league)

2nd QTR 64% pass

3rd QTR 54% Pass

4th QTR 48% Pass.

So like I stated they are a pass first Offense and Identity.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/situational-run-pass-ratios--off-.html

52% pass over all the QTRs on 1st Down

where they dont pass first is in the Redzone, there they are very run heavy

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/situational-run-pass-ratios--off-.html

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it may take more then a half season for this offense to completely gel. next season, I expect a lot of the kinks to be worked out and a couple more play makers picked up in the off season. as much as this season is only 7 games in, 2020 is when I expect the team to be more dominant and balanced all around?

"GEL" is a myth discussed by fans.  

This offense will be as good or as bad as Josh Allen makes it and drives it.  

And if he was better, or at least better sooner, they would be magically "gelling" right now.  

It doesn't have to take forever. 

i agree we are a pass first O, but i don't think we actually have an identity.

the penalties and goofy mix up of formations, along with not getting anything going in almost every game until the 4th, tells me we are still a work in progress and dabo needs to figure out how to call plays better, or just prepare the team better.

Just now, colin said:

i agree we are a pass first O, but i don't think we actually have an identity.

the penalties and goofy mix up of formations, along with not getting anything going in almost every game until the 4th, tells me we are still a work in progress and dabo needs to figure out how to call plays better, or just prepare the team better.

Or the players just need to execute better

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

"GEL" is a myth discussed by fans.  

This offense will be as good or as bad as Josh Allen makes it and drives it.  

And if he was better, or at least better sooner, they would be magically "gelling" right now.  

It doesn't have to take forever. 

That’s funny because Robert Wood mentioned this specifically on WGR. Not to slight you but I’ll take his opinion. 

OP: Love to see a ‘glass half full’ post!

This O and Allen will improve over time. 9 new O starters and a still very young QB who was KNOWN to be a project when drafted. 

I believe he is beating expectations (or should he if looking at it reasonably). 

Edited by TroutDog

The Bills are a few opportunities away from putting up more points. Without the drops, penalties, and a couple over throws the Bills offense would be the highlight of the game. These things can be fixed. I dont understand the long end zone shot on 3rd and 5. Should have tried to keep that drive going. 

8 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I believe he is beating expectations (or should he if looking at it reasonably).

I think a lot of fans expectations are already too high. They are looking for a top ten QB from an improving raw QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Actually this just needs to go away...in non-obvious passing situations this year, the Bills throw it at the 2nd highest percentage in the NFL.

It did go away, when Dick Jauron went out the door. I'm not talking about the team now my friend. :thumbsup: