Best place in Washington DC to watch Bills

Orlando Tim

Google is your friend 

https://washington.org/visit-dc/best-sports-bars-washington-dc

• 1 Penn Social. Penn Social. ...
  • 2 Yard House. Yard House. ...
  • 3 City Tap House. City Tap House. ...
  • 4 Nellie's Sports Bar. Nellie's Sports Bar. ...
  • 5 Franklin Hall. ...
  • 6 Church Hall. ...
  • 7 High Velocity. ...
  • 8 Blackfinn Ameripub.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DC.Bills.Backers/

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will be staying in Pentagon City during Bills Pats* game with my non sport loving Brother in law. I need a place to watch game that is hopefully close to the metro since I will not have a car. 

Official Bills Backers bars:

In DC it's Deco Bar, 717 6th St. NW.

In Herndon, VA it's Jimmy's Old Town Tavern.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will be staying in Pentagon City during Bills Pats* game with my non sport loving Brother in law. I need a place to watch game that is hopefully close to the metro since I will not have a car. 

Jimmy's pretty far out and not really Metro accessible.

The two places i know in the District are 

1) Exiles on U street. Owned by a Buffalonian. Not really a close close Metro..but either Shaw/Howard or Columbia Heights station work..Uber or walk from there

https://www.exilesbar.com/

2) Grand Central on 18th. Closest metro there is Woodley Park/Zoo, about 5 minute walk from Metro.

http://www.grandcentraldc.com/

Have not been to either since the Dolphin game in 17, so would call and check before i went to either. My preference would be Exiles.

BTW, if he wanted to so something besides watch the game the Zoo is about a 10 minute walk from Grand Central...and 14th and U  and DuPont Circle both about 10 minute walk from Exiles, tons of great restaurants and shops etc to while away a day

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The place to be is Jimmy's out in Herndon.

That is absolutely no where near Pegaton City and you are not going to get out there without Uber or a cab.  I would forget that.

As mentioned above, Crystal City Sports Pub is not a bad option and it's right near where you will be...though there isn't going to be any Bills presence there, per se.  You might get lucky and find a few Bills fans who happen to be there.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

The place to be is Jimmy's out in Herndon.

That is absolutely no where near Pegaton City and you are not going to get out there without Uber or a cab.  I would forget that.

As mentioned above, Crystal City Sports Pub is not a bad option and it's right near where you will be...though there isn't going to be any Bills presence there, per se.  You might get lucky and find a few Bills fans who happen to be there.

That might be the way I go- if games means anything everyone will be a Bills fan that day

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's 99% likely that Bills-Pats game will be a national TV Saturday game.

I land at noon on saturday- if it is a 1 o'clock game I will have to watch part on my phone and some at CC sport pub which is two blocks from hotel. My wife is gonna be unhappy with me.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I land at noon on saturday- if it is a 1 o'clock game I will have to watch part on my phone and some at CC sport pub which is two blocks from hotel. My wife is gonna be unhappy with me.

Probably not the first time!   ?

OK, maybe I should just speak for myself.........

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Probably not the first time!   ?

OK, maybe I should just speak for myself.........

She knew what she was getting into before we married-the first time I watched a Bills game with her and her family it was the 1998 Bills/Patriots game where the officials literally did everything worng for NE to win at the end and I was literally jumping up and down. I have calmed down some since then and as long as I keep my mouth and actions below that level she can not complain(too much)