538's Current Projections (Bills finish at 11-5)

DCOrange

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

We are duplicating the season of the Jacksonville Jaguars two years ago, ride your D as long as you can. If the offense contributes, its a bonus.

Allen is already a better QB than Bortles ever dreamed of being. His 4th quarter performances alone are all anyone needs to see. 

The fact that anyone could have the balls to predict wins against ANY team going forward after the way the offense has played thus far is insane.

Sure, we COULD go 11-5, or we COULD go 5-11.

We barely beat the Jets. We barely beat the Bengals. We barely beat the Titans. We barely beat the Dolphins. We looked like a mess against the Patriots...

But even though we have a cake walk schedule, we've made it pretty clear that our weak offense cannot play a full 4 quarters of good football or put away opponents, no matter how awful that team may be.

So those games against teams like the Washington Potatoes are not guaranteed by any means, and if the defense can't play lights out or create extra opportunities for the offense, we might not be so lucky going forward.

22 minutes ago, eball said:

Allen is already a better QB than Bortles ever dreamed of being. His 4th quarter performances alone are all anyone needs to see. 

What have you possibly seen from Allen put him so far above Bortles? Lol 

A non biased observer would NOT be making that assessment based on what has actually been done on the field.

Statistically, they're pretty similar with the exception of Bortles being a better passer and Allen being a better runner. Bortles definitely threw for more TD's while having a similar amount of INT's, and definitely put up way more passing yards.

He was also a better deep passer, well pretty much everyone has better deep ball accuracy than Allen the past 2 years.

Sure, if we only looked at 4th quarter stats from 2019 alone in a vacuum, Josh would be the favorite. But he only was in a position to lead those comebacks because he didn't do enough the rest of the game in the first place! And against weak, weak teams at that! You're really going to gloat about having to come from behind against awful teams to escape with a victory?

I'm sure the 4th quarter performances are all you want anyone to see, because if they had to put everything else in perspective, he'd look like a mediocre/below average QB on a team being propped up by great defensive play. He only had the opportunities to get those comebacks because of the defense playing lights out, or being gifted extra opportunities by the defense in general. 

But yes, totally not like Bortles...

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Isnt that what you are doing by ignoring the electoral votes? You know where the score is actually kept?

Who's ignoring that? I said Trump was elected. Dem's da rules, right? But the fact that Trump lost the popular vote still irks the him, and by extension, his followers.

i often google NFL news and when i did it a few minutes ago an article came up from 538 talking about which of the top teams are for real. sorry i dont know how to post a link but when they got to the Bills this was said 

sara.ziegler: Back to teams that are not awful, the other five-win team in the AFC is Buffalo. What do you make of the Bills?

joshua.hermsmeyer: A fermenting dumpster waiting for a match. Of the teams with five wins, they’re the only one with negative offensive EPA per play. I’m absolutely convinced their success is a mirage

a fermenting dumpster waiting for a match lol seems a bit harsh to me

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

What have you possibly seen from Allen put him so far above Bortles? Lol 

A non biased observer would NOT be making that assessment based on what has actually been done on the field.

Statistically, they're pretty similar with the exception of Bortles being a better passer and Allen being a better runner. Bortles definitely threw for more TD's while having a similar amount of INT's, and definitely put up way more passing yards.

He was also a better deep passer, well pretty much everyone has better deep ball accuracy than Allen the past 2 years.

Sure, if we only looked at 4th quarter stats from 2019 alone in a vacuum, Josh would be the favorite. But he only was in a position to lead those comebacks because he didn't do enough the rest of the game in the first place! And against weak, weak teams at that! You're really going to gloat about having to come from behind against awful teams to escape with a victory?

I'm sure the 4th quarter performances are all you want anyone to see, because if they had to put everything else in perspective, he'd look like a mediocre/below average QB on a team being propped up by great defensive play. He only had the opportunities to get those comebacks because of the defense playing lights out, or being gifted extra opportunities by the defense in general. 

But yes, totally not like Bortles...

Holy crap, there are actually Bortles fans out there?!!!!

Take a look at W-L record while you’re at it. 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Texas and Florida are more populated than NY and that alone defeats your argument. More than twice as many people live in NYC now than lived in the US during the first census. The system was designed for a much smaller country and it hasn't scaled well. 

Regardless, op showed the proof that they were the most accurate site when predicting the election. They even pointed out polling problems that were huge in what happened. I think they probably give too much credit to NE though. We will see after Houston. 

Ehh...it still makes sense...otherwise the entire country gets taken for a ride based on the whims of a few super cities.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:48 PM, matter2003 said:

Ehh...it still makes sense...otherwise the entire country gets taken for a ride based on the whims of a few super cities.

You mean that the majority make decisions like it's intended. It's mostly a problem because of the two party system we have. Still better than parliament, I just disagree that it works as intended. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You mean that the majority make decisions like it's intended. It's mostly a problem because of the two party system we have. Still better than parliament, I just disagree that it works as intended. 

Well the problem is that the majority of the population doesn't understand the consequences of say not voting for things that less populous states in the midwest need when they are the ones supplying most of the agricultural commodities. Just one example...multiply this times countless of other examples and you get the point.

The toughest part of the 11-5 record is knowing there will be three more weeks of mind numbing, absurdly negative commentary on this site.

... not to mention the commentary after the losses ?

Edited by familykwi
deleted self reference