Pregame thread MNF: Pats at Jets

How Jets can win?

Two teams in our division are going at it tonight. If Pats win, they will be 1.5 games ahead of us in the race to the division title. If the Jets win, their (and Darnold's) confidence will be through the roof and it will resuscitate their season - but they will still be 3 games back of the Bills.

All in all, I am not yet ready to concede the Division title to the Pats - so rooting for the Jets by a smidgen here.

Gilmore will take away Robbie Anderson - so it will be up to how well Crowder and Thomas make the other members of the Pats secondary and how well LeVeon Bell catches and runs out of the backfield that will likely determine the Jets offensive performance. On defense, Quinnen Williams finally seems to be living up to his draft pick status with the best game of his young career last week. Can he (and the rest of the line) get after Brady in time? The Bills did give the Jets a blue print to contain the Pats offense - let us see if Gregg Williams figures it out.

The jets are coming off an impressive win over a good Cowboys team (who just beat the Eagles 37-10) and will have Darnold, Mosley, Q. Williams and Jordan Jenkins back for the Pats rematch (they lost the first 30-14). And Pats looked very vulnerable against us. The jets definitely at least have a puncher’s chance.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

If the Jets come out fighting like Miami did yesterday, it could happen. Just wish I could put my finger on how good the Bills actually are.  Can they compete with the Cowboys,  Ravens, Colts? Glad we have had this easy early schedule to get some reps in first.

32 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The jets are coming off an impressive win over a good Cowboys team (who just beat the Eagles 37-10) and will have Darnold, Mosley, Q. Williams and Jordan Jenkins back for the Pats rematch (they lost the first 30-14). And Pats looked very vulnerable against us. The jets definitely at least have a puncher’s chance.

This is what I’m expecting too. Jets coming off a good win and completely healthy for the first time since week 1. They definitely have a chance tonight. I’ll be watching, it should be a good one. 

• Like (+1) 3

I think the Jets win straight up, and this is the start of a slide for the Pats. They are overconfident after an easy schedule and beating us after Josh Allen went out (I know, I know, he was terrible, but he always shows up in the 4th). After this week, Pats lose against Cleveland (who will be desperate and coming off a bye) and go 2-4 as a whole over the next six games. The question is will the Bills be able to take advantage of it.  <-- One can dream, right?

• Like (+1) 1