Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's actually kinda funny, Sunday through Thursday it was nothing but doom and gloom in Philadelphia. There were a lot of calls of "We suck" and "Tear it all down!" and now they are predicting themselves to win!

I honestly think that we match up well as the better team against them. Desean Jackson had been the only way they could stretch the field, and Alshon Jeffrey and Agholor have really disappointed, while the Eagles have yet to really keep a strong running attack. Against a strong secondary, and without the receivers to really spread the field and YAC us to death like the Dolphins tried, I think our secondary can keep them contained.

Meanwhile, their secondary has been pretty darn bad. Swartz does not like to blitz, in general, but his corners have been torched. They had little in the cabinet before they let Scandrick go, and I think that Brown. Beasley and Knox line up very, very line against their starters. Even more if Foster gets in the gameplan. I just seem the Bills moving the ball quickly, if in spurts like we've seen this year.

For me, biggest risk is if Josh gives up a ton of bad turnovers...and the Eagles don't, while they consistently have.

Bills are going to roll the Eagles. Too many distractions for them this week they have been focusing on other than the game Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The Philly players having a players only meeting isn’t something I really want to hear. The  Bills need to  come out and start fast and put some points on the board early. If the Bills get behind like they did to Miami I don’t see an easy way back. Philly is going to be very emotional early on in this game. Putting up points and making a couple stops early on D is essential in taking the wind out of them. I’d love to see  the Bills  start hot and score a TD on their first drive. 

Why? 

I mean, look - it was buried in a tweet above, but here's a blow-by-blow of all the trash-n-turmoil they've had going on down in Philly:

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/10/timeline-of-eagles-turmoil-all-the-weird-things-from-last-2-weeks-orlando-scandrick-comments-zach-brown-release-more.html

Where there's that much smoke, there's probably fire.  They're having a players' only meeting because they need a players' only meeting.  

Does a players' only meeting wipe away all the underlying crapola that drove the need for it?  Does one meeting somehow weld them into a solid team?

I think the Bills are likely to come out fired up as well.  There's a lot of stuff in the media "5-1, but are they any good?" "Worst 5-1 team ever" etc etc etc.

But the only sure path to losing is if the Bills offense, starting with but not limited to Josh Allen, comes out too "fired up" and feeling pressure to start fast and make things happen.  Press, and make stupid decisions, and turn the ball over, Bills may lose.

Give it time, don't make dumb ass mistakes, keep grinding, I like our chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sunday can't come quick enough.  The amount of irrelevant BS that will have zero impact on the game yet gets sweated over incessantly has reached a fever pitch even for this place. Us fans need to learn how to win again just like our team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't understand your logic train here.

First you use the fact that he returned to the game as an argument that his injury isn't that serious. 

But then you point out that injuries do sometimes get worse in the subsequent 1-2 days then they are immediately afterwards.

It seems to me that if his injury got worse, as you rightly point out many do, due to swelling and inflammation, it's not a "given" that it will be resolved enough for him to play well on Sunday.  Especially with his style of play, he needs to be able to land on that shoulder or be driven on to it by another player's weight.  And Football isn't a nice game - players target each other's injuries.

I don't know if we'll see him active or not, but for the good of our team and his own career as a player, I hope he only plays if he's healed up enough to hang on.

My point that his injury got worse refers only to the pain it causes, not any structural damage, or increased severity of the injury.

As is the case often, when adrenaline and motion cease, the true pain begins to appear. My thought was that this happened the days following his return to action on Sunday. 

It's entirely possible to be in a non-contact jersey with an injury that's not serious, just for precautionary measures. Tre White did it a few weeks ago. 

It makes sense to me, but then again, I'm nuts. 

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My point that his injury got worse refers only to the pain it causes, not any structural damage, or increased severity of the injury.

As is the case often, when adrenaline and motion cease, the true pain begins to appear. My thought was that this happened the days following his return to action on Sunday. 

It's entirely possible to be in a non-contact jersey with an injury that's not serious, just for precautionary measures. Tre White did it a few weeks ago. 

It makes sense to me, but then again, I'm nuts. 

I agree that adrenaline and the endorphins of the game mask pain.  But the reason there's pain, is usually because there's structural damage.  And yeah, our body is sort of a double-edged sword, the inflammation and swelling that accompany an injury response can actually make it worse.

I hope you're correct that he's in a non-contact jersey and listed as "limited participation" for something that's not too serious.  I didn't know that about Tree White.

But I also hope that Duke doesn't let his toughness and competitive nature urge him to play when he's really not healed enough.  We need him, but we don't need another WR with the "situational dropsies"

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thank you for this! What a game to attend!

I remember watching that game, which started out as a laugher and then became a nail-biter. (It looked like Bruce Smith might have been Offside on that last play, too.)

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Moose said:

I remember watching that game, which started out as a laugher and then became a nail-biter. (It looked like Bruce Smith might have been Offside on that last play, too.)

and a couple Late Hits too -certainly by today’s standards.

• Like (+1) 1

I had this one down as a L preseason, think I'm 50/50 on it now. Eagles will be easily the 2nd best team we've seen thus far

Honestly don't know what to expect. I could see a close game, or a blowout either way. Could be low scoring or high scoring. Thought I had a handle on this squad but after last week all bets are off until they prove Miami was a one-off.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why? 

I mean, look - it was buried in a tweet above, but here's a blow-by-blow of all the trash-n-turmoil they've had going on down in Philly:

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/10/timeline-of-eagles-turmoil-all-the-weird-things-from-last-2-weeks-orlando-scandrick-comments-zach-brown-release-more.html

Where there's that much smoke, there's probably fire.  They're having a players' only meeting because they need a players' only meeting.  

Does a players' only meeting wipe away all the underlying crapola that drove the need for it?  Does one meeting somehow weld them into a solid team?

I think the Bills are likely to come out fired up as well.  There's a lot of stuff in the media "5-1, but are they any good?" "Worst 5-1 team ever" etc etc etc.

But the only sure path to losing is if the Bills offense, starting with but not limited to Josh Allen, comes out too "fired up" and feeling pressure to start fast and make things happen.  Press, and make stupid decisions, and turn the ball over, Bills may lose.

Give it time, don't make dumb ass mistakes, keep grinding, I like our chances. 

Could be. Momentum is the real 12th man. My point is that the Bills can cause the Eagles to fold up and think about the bye IF the Bills come out and put them down early. You have a different scenario that also could happen. We shall see. Hopefully it’s a Bills win no matter what.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I had this one down as a L preseason, think I'm 50/50 on it now. Eagles will be easily the 2nd best team we've seen thus far

Honestly don't know what to expect. I could see a close game, or a blowout either way. Could be low scoring or high scoring. Thought I had a handle on this squad but after last week all bets are off until they prove Miami was a one-off.

I'm 100% there with you. I have no clue what to expect tomorrow. Kinda worried about this one, but I'm keeping the faith. Hopefully Milano plays... That would make me feel a whole lot better.