Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Joe B. predicting a Bills loss 27-19.  Evidently not a BILL-iever in our offense

We'll see

Edit: I do not understand what Joe means by this sentence:
" The Bills should keep it close for the majority of the game and establish a running game of their own. The only problem is they might have to abandon the running game due to game script, which could in turn force Allen into risky situations. "

What does that mean?

Game script is primarily a FF term used when the scoreboard, clock, and game flow all conspire to neutralize an otherwise productive player or unit. In this sense I imagine he’s talking about the Eagles going up by 14+ and the Bills having to play from behind late in halves. Maybe finding themselves in a bunch of first-and second-and-long situations. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Met up tonight with several other fans at Duff's Eastern Hills Mall.  Had pizza and wings with Mark Vader, Cowgirls Fan and another  fan that is not on TBD. Will post a pic if I can downsize it to a small enough size.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Joe B. predicting a Bills loss 27-19.  Evidently not a BILL-iever in our offense

We'll see

Edit: I do not understand what Joe means by this sentence:
" The Bills should keep it close for the majority of the game and establish a running game of their own. The only problem is they might have to abandon the running game due to game script, which could in turn force Allen into risky situations. "

What does that mean?

Daboll will get cute with his play calling and delve into head scratching territory as he does each game, though typically in the first half.

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Personally I would rather Williams play over Foster.  Foster may or may not help the deep ball.  Duke can help Allen a ton more.  I like Foster and all, but I think he is more of a 1 trick pony that is only good for a couple plays a game.  Then again... a lot of games come down to only a couple plays.

If Duke is inactive, I bet it isn't due to his shoulder How serious could his injury be? After all, he returned to the game last Sunday. My guess is he’s still in a non-contact jersey because the injury is a some sort of bone contusion, slight shoulder sprain or another injury that could be hampered by unnecessary contact (did they ever release the specific issue?) Often nagging issues like these get worse, more painful and/or allow less mobility immediately following the game. This would partially explain why he was able to continue to play right after sustaining he injury but not be healthy practice. They’re probably just playing it safe and letting him heal up, knowing that he can go when it counts.

I think you’ll see him active on Sunday. 

After all, I am a doctor ?

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I was just checking the Eagles schedule, they actually lost to the Falcons?

Image result for shocked gif3

Yes.  Why Yes, yes, as a matter of fact, they did.  Also, two of their 3 wins came over the Jets, and Washington.  They let Washington rack up 27 points.

They did beat the Packers, in a game where they forced two turnovers.  Take a memo, Allen: take care of the Duke (the spheroid one).

Just amazes me though, that professional sportswriters can put out stuff about how "outside of holding NE the Bills have only beaten bad teams".  The Titans have the same record as the Eagles, Fact.  And outside of Green Bay, the Eagles have only beaten the Redskins and Jets.  Does losing to a good team make you a better team than winning over a bad or "meh" team?  ?  The most recent losses have been blowouts, too.

I know what it is - the Titans have a good D, and a "meh" at QB.  The Eagles have some gaps on their D which I think is not all that - and a guy once regarded a the Hot New Hand behind center.  And then there's that Recent Superbowl aura.

But that was then.  This is Now. 

I dunno.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes.  Why Yes, yes, as a matter of fact, they did.  Also, two of their 3 wins came over the Jets, and Washington.  They let Washington rack up 27 points.

They did beat the Packers, in a game where they forced two turnovers.  Take a memo, Allen: take care of the Duke (the spheroid one).

Just amazes me though, that professional sportswriters can put out stuff about how "outside of holding NE the Bills have only beaten bad teams".  The Titans have the same record as the Eagles, Fact.  And outside of Green Bay, the Eagles have only beaten the Redskins and Jets.  Does losing to a good team make you a better team than winning over a bad or "meh" team?  ?  The most recent losses have been blowouts, too.

I know what it is - the Titans have a good D, and a "meh" at QB.  The Eagles have some gaps on their D which I think is not all that - and a guy once regarded a the Hot New Hand behind center.  And then there's that Recent Superbowl aura.

But that was then.  This is Now. 

I dunno.

It takes a log time to "out live" a reputation...  and THAT is a gate that swings both ways.

(Bills trying to out live a bad rep and the Eagles losing a good one.)

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Philly players having a players only meeting isn’t something I really want to hear. The  Bills need to  come out and start fast and put some points on the board early. If the Bills get behind like they did to Miami I don’t see an easy way back. Philly is going to be very emotional early on in this game. Putting up points and making a couple stops early on D is essential in taking the wind out of them. I’d love to see  the Bills  start hot and score a TD on their first drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

Here is a picture of us at Duff's Eastern Hills Mall  last night.

From left to right are Mark Vader, a  friend from Clarence  NY , CowGirls Fan and me. We will all be at Hammer's lot tomorrow.

OOPKJaw7T1KcCGdlrj7NHw.jpg

• Like (+1) 6

It's actually kinda funny, Sunday through Thursday it was nothing but doom and gloom in Philadelphia. There were a lot of calls of "We suck" and "Tear it all down!" and now they are predicting themselves to win!

I honestly think that we match up well as the better team against them. Desean Jackson had been the only way they could stretch the field, and Alshon Jeffrey and Agholor have really disappointed, while the Eagles have yet to really keep a strong running attack. Against a strong secondary, and without the receivers to really spread the field and YAC us to death like the Dolphins tried, I think our secondary can keep them contained.

Meanwhile, their secondary has been pretty darn bad. Swartz does not like to blitz, in general, but his corners have been torched. They had little in the cabinet before they let Scandrick go, and I think that Brown. Beasley and Knox line up very, very line against their starters. Even more if Foster gets in the gameplan. I just seem the Bills moving the ball quickly, if in spurts like we've seen this year.

For me, biggest risk is if Josh gives up a ton of bad turnovers...and the Eagles don't, while they consistently have.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If Duke is inactive, I bet it isn't due to his shoulder How serious could his injury be? After all, he returned to the game last Sunday. My guess is he’s still in a non-contact jersey because the injury is a some sort of bone contusion, slight shoulder sprain or another injury that could be hampered by unnecessary contact (did they ever release the specific issue?) Often nagging issues like these get worse, more painful and/or allow less mobility immediately following the game. This would partially explain why he was able to continue to play right after sustaining he injury but not be healthy practice. They’re probably just playing it safe and letting him heal up, knowing that he can go when it counts.

I think you’ll see him active on Sunday. 

After all, I am a doctor ?

I don't understand your logic train here.

First you use the fact that he returned to the game as an argument that his injury isn't that serious. 

But then you point out that injuries do sometimes get worse in the subsequent 1-2 days then they are immediately afterwards.

It seems to me that if his injury got worse, as you rightly point out many do, due to swelling and inflammation, it's not a "given" that it will be resolved enough for him to play well on Sunday.  Especially with his style of play, he needs to be able to land on that shoulder or be driven on to it by another player's weight.  And Football isn't a nice game - players target each other's injuries.

I don't know if we'll see him active or not, but for the good of our team and his own career as a player, I hope he only plays if he's healed up enough to hang on.

• Like (+1) 1