Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, and 5-1 all over again if the Titans has a competent kicker. Or 4-2 if the Dolphins had just kicked the damn field goals. Etc., etc. Not knocking the Bills at all here -- 5-1 is 5-1, and they've earned it -- but other than the truly elite and truly trash teams, virtually every NFL team can play this "if a couple plays had gone our way" game ... such is parity in the NFL, and mediocrity in the AFC.

That's why I always say, just take the win and move on to the next opponent and forget all the gibberish that goes along with it.

• Like (+1) 1

Lol. I just saw that Ed Oliver is hosting a coat collection drive, which is admirable charity work, but I can’t help but wonder if it is a tongue in cheek troll job after the big deal made about him wearing a coat in college during a game he was not playing in. If so, I like it even more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

WTF is up with Beasley?  Did coach say anything?

image.thumb.png.104d267169bb03b8248461e1021aff89.png

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Lol. I just saw that Ed Oliver is hosting a coat collection drive, which is admirable charity work, but I can’t help but wonder if it is a tongue in cheek troll job after the big deal made about him wearing a coat in college during a game he was not playing in. If so, I like it even more.

Did you ever see the piece on his pre-draft interview where someone asked what he thought about the weather if he came to Buffalo and he deadpanned 'Y'all got any coats?" and the room broke up.

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, and 5-1 all over again if the Titans has a competent kicker. Or 4-2 if the Dolphins had just kicked the damn field goals. Etc., etc. Not knocking the Bills at all here -- 5-1 is 5-1, and they've earned it -- but other than the truly elite and truly trash teams, virtually every NFL team can play this "if a couple plays had gone our way" game ... such is parity in the NFL, and mediocrity in the AFC.

Yeah, that was pretty much my point in replying to the post that said we were 5-1 but hadn't beaten anyone good

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the disrespect from sharpe. good lord.... cant score without a short field? i'm fairly certain most of the td's we've scored this year have been 70+ yd drives and we have 2 spanning 98 friggin yds. and our defense doesn't depend on turnovers like he claims. he quite literally has not see a single bills snap or game all year I would assume.

same dude who said back in week 4 it was just an off day for brady and the bills were pretenders.

That's the absolute worst sports show on television. Skip Bayless is a complete and total idiot. Sharpe couldn't put together a rational thought if it was sentence by numbers. The FS1 "personalities" are pretty horrendous from top to bottom. Throw in Cowturd with his lisp and you have an All Toilet Bowl lineup. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/7-things-to-watch-for-in-bills-vs-eagles-and-around-the-nfl-week-8

Pretty much fluff, only football strategy thing is 

3) Attack the Eagles through the Air.  The suggestion that Philly's run D is solid but pass D is suspect so the Bills need a big day from their passing game. 

With the forecast is rainy and gusty 20 mph winds, I woulda thought the situationally-aware OC might want to work overtime at crafting some run plays that might work, but maybe that's just me.

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, generally the "rest" note means just a vet rest day.

Yes, and I think that the confusion comes because he isn't listed on any of the other days, they are blank, and it looks like he didn't practice all week.  But I think that that happens because he took his rest day on Friday...so wasn't on the list for those other days.  If, on the other hand, he had a rest day on Wednesday, Thur and Fri would say "Full."  Took me a minute to parse this out....but I think it just means he took a veteran's rest day today.

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yes, and I think that the confusion comes because he isn't listed on any of the other days, they are blank, and it looks like he didn't practice all week.  But I think that that happens because he took his rest day on Friday...so wasn't on the list for those other days.  If, on the other hand, he had a rest day on Wednesday, Thur and Fri would say "Full."  Took me a minute to parse this out....but I think it just means he took a veteran's rest day today.

After paging back through previous weeks, that's exactly correct ....week 4 is exactly the same.  Looks like it's a pattern to give Bease a day off on Fri.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the disrespect from sharpe. good lord.... cant score without a short field? i'm fairly certain most of the td's we've scored this year have been 70+ yd drives and we have 2 spanning 98 friggin yds. and our defense doesn't depend on turnovers like he claims. he quite literally has not see a single bills snap or game all year I would assume.

same dude who said back in week 4 it was just an off day for brady and the bills were pretenders.

Sharpe is to lazy to be disrespectful.  If he simply looked at our game recaps he would have seen that prior to the 4th quarter fumble recovery against the Dolphins our D & ST had NOT given the Bill's Offense the ball in an opposing teams Red Zone through the first 5 & 3/4 games! 

Sharpe is simply an ignoramus.  In fact one of the mysteries of the 2019 Bill's O is that while it doesn't produce a lot of points it does move the ball, is surgically efficient in the red zone and has executed a number of very long TD drives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Sharpe is to lazy to be disrespectful.  If he simply looked at our game recaps he would have seen that prior to the 4th quarter fumble recovery against the Dolphins our D & ST had NOT given the Bill's Offense the ball in an opposing teams Red Zone through the first 5 & 3/4 games! 

Sharpe is simply an ignoramus.  In fact one of the mysteries of the 2019 Bill's O is that while it doesn't produce a lot of points it does move the ball, is surgically efficient in the red zone and has executed a number of very long TD drives.

The Bills offense is SOLID. That is it.  It plays well in the 4th quarter, which is a major plus, but it lacks consistency.  Inconsistent offenses don't win championships.

IDK, this may come back to bite me in the ass but I was more concerned with Miami than I am the Eagles. I don't care what their record was, playing a division opponent with Fitz at QB played out like I anticipated. I figured it would be close, Fitz would get hot, and I figured he'd throw a game changing pick. 

The Eagles are not a good team. They and the national media are clinging to the false notion that they are still a super bowl contender, that Wentz is still as good as everyone annointed him, and that the internal dysfunction has no effect on game day. 

I don't care how "desperate" they are either. Buffalo got it's wake-up call last week after coming out flat and still managed to pull out the W. They were humbled a little after being huge favorites and needing to come back to win. No one gives them or our QB credit for being 5-1 and winning in different ways. The posters on this board are a thousand times more in tune with our team than the majority of national idiots who cling to their preconceived notions

That's good. I like a hungry team. I think this is a close game as usual but Buffalo will win and will come out of the gates hot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FUTURIST said:

The Bills offense is SOLID. That is it.  It plays well in the 4th quarter, which is a major plus, but it lacks consistency.  Inconsistent offenses don't win championships.

The Bills offense is inconstant now but will it still be in 4 weeks?  Given the COMPLETE (9/11 starters) overhaul in personnel and the fact that our QB is only in his 2nd year nobody should be surprised by the inconsistency.

Frankly the O is doing better then expected IMO.  It moves the football; is deadly in the red zone and has had a number of epic long drives. 

As an aside, while I'm more optimistic then most Bill's fans, I never had this year pegged as a championship season.  We're still not there yet. 

• Like (+1) 1